Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal (1885 Views)

Why Military Under Jonathan Failed To Defeat Boko Haram – Former CDS / NNPC Under Jonathan Failed To Remit N3.2trn, Says Auditor-general / Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 17, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has resolved to probe the failed arms deal between the immediate past administration of Goodluck Jonathan and the South African government.

Buhari who was in South Africa for the African Union (AU) Summit made this known in his address to Nigerians at the Nigerian commission in Johannesburg on Monday, June 15, Punch reports.

The president said he will demand the release of the $9.3m weapon money seized by South African authorities on September 5, 2014, from some persons who claimed to be representing the immediate past administration of Goodluck Jonathan.

Buhari said he also plans to discuss an array of issues affecting the interests of Nigerians in the country with the South African president, Jacob Zuma.

“He(Zuma) wants to come to Nigeria. There are issues he knows which he wants to talk about. I will certainly talk to him; I hope our ambassador will send a comprehensive report about the court cases and about those who lost properties during the xenophobic attacks recently….and at that time, I will attempt to ask him about our $9.3m which was not correctly transferred.” Buhari added.

He enjoined Nigerians residing South Africa to be good ambassadors of the country, reminding them that they were representing the interest of Nigeria in a foreign country.

“Those of you, who have the opportunity to come here and represent us, make sure that you are representing Nigeria, you are all ambassadors of Nigeria. This means a lot of patience, restraint, self-respect and pride. You must have all these.”

http://www.naij.com/463275-buhari-to-probe-jonathans-failed-arms-deal.html

1 Share

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 17, 2015
Buhari, please allow the man that peacefully handed over power to you to rest, you said that you would draw the line when you took over but you seem to be going back on your words.
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 17, 2015
Okk

But remember to probe Ameachi and fashola
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Eneze1(f): 10:33am On Jun 17, 2015
Good Mr. President. Probe anything that looks or sound shady
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by usayab(m): 10:33am On Jun 17, 2015
Buhari 4get these people and arrest them all the way they arrested our economy through corruption!
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by jogsman01(m): 10:34am On Jun 17, 2015
ok baba daura
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Elslim: 10:35am On Jun 17, 2015
wind don de blow...
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by collinsVP: 11:00am On Jun 17, 2015
Am particularly concerned about this arms deal issue because it is a national embarrassment to have SA keep such a huge sum in the face of revenue short fall in Nigeria. Some state clamour for federal government intervention as to their inability to pay salaries and such money is traped in foreign land as a result of indolence or impunity that characterized the past administration.

Am equally in support of the probe because GEJ government cannot claim oblivious of SA law regarding the limit of cash that can be brought into that country at a time.

It more painful it was done in two successive trips and the first could not detter them not to embark on the second.

PMB please do everything in your power to retrieve our money because we need it to pay salaries at least. Do not mind whoever is on the line.
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by viczing(m): 11:29am On Jun 17, 2015
Probe probe probe

Sylva nko? Chai what a dull president
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Mamaflex(f): 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Buhari, please allow the man that peacefully handed over power to you to rest, you said that you would draw the line when you took over but you seem to be going back on your words.

What are you scared of? Should he just continue as if nothing happened and run another opaque government like jonathan?
Is that what change means to you?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2015
Aigbofa:

What are you scared of? Should he just continue as if nothing happened and run another opaque government like jonathan?
Is that what change means to you?

he should draw the line and move forward, that is what he said by himself during the campaign. There is no need trying to embarrass your predecessor who conceded defeat and peacefully gave you power.
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by vedaxcool(m): 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Sometimes one wonders what sort of moral poverty people like these suffer from, he expects Buhari should simply dash the money to SA or pretend no crime was perpetrated? The bible says the wise learn from the mistake of others.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
vedaxcool:

Sometimes one wonders what sort of moral poverty people like these suffer from, he expects Buhari should simply dash the money to SA or pretend no crime was perpetrated? The bible says the wise learn from the mistake of others.

Whatever he intends to do he should not embarrass the ex president that is all.
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by T8ksy(m): 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

It's interesting that the bolded word above was the exact reason, Buhari offered for refusing to appear at the Opute panel but am certain before his tenure expires, he's going to ridicule many politicians especially those from the south of the country.
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by richidinho(m): 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
chai
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
T8ksy:

It's interesting that the bolded word above was the exact reason, Buhari offered for refusing to appear at the Opute panel but am certain before his tenure expires, he's going to ridicule many politicians especially those from the south of the country.

You can imagine. I wonder what this Buhari is up to. He did not want to be embarrassed and refused to show up to face a panel to investigate serious allegations against him, no he wants to investigate and embarrass another ex president. We must not allow this nonsense honestly.
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by vedaxcool(m): 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
I don't think begging on NL will help ebele.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
vedaxcool:
I don't think begging on NL will help ebele.

Hi hypocrite, how are you enjoying the 3 cups of rice shared to you from the 30 trailers of rice by Senator Buruji Kashamu yesterday? grin
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by T8ksy(m): 1:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You can imagine. I wonder what this Buhari is up to. He did not want to be embarrassed and refused to show up to face a panel to investigate serious allegations against him, no he wants to investigate and embarrass another ex president. We must not allow this nonsense honestly.

Nonsense ke? Of course, Jonathan should be probed and if found wanting, ought to be embarrassed but unfortunately there's sweet F.A, you or anyone can do about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
So we should allow people that stole to go away with it. If Jonathan is found guilty, he will pay the prize, even if it means going to jail. Didn't you read where Buhari said, "As Head of State I went straight to detention for three and half years; so those who accused me of locking them up, I too have been locked up; so what?"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by vedaxcool(m): 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
T8ksy:

Nonsense ke? Of course, Jonathan should be probed and if found wanting, ought to be embarrassed but unfortunately there's sweet F.A, you or anyone can do about it.

The tragedy of this thread is that Jonathan doesn't even know he exist, PMB is unaware a wailing thread by a Taniod has been opened and condolence register ready to be filled. In his poverty of morality he feels people being called to account for their misdeed in nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

So we should allow people that stole to go away with it. If Jonathan is found guilty, he will pay the prize, even if it means going to jail. Didn't you read where Buhari said, "As Head of State I went straight to detention for three and half years; so those who accused me of locking them up, I too have been locked up; so what?"

I hope IBB & OBJ join GEJ in jail.
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

he should draw the line and move forward, that is what he said by himself during the campaign. There is no need trying to embarrass your predecessor who conceded defeat and peacefully gave you power.
So Wike should drop his plan to probe Amaechi?
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
vedaxcool:
[s]I don't think begging on NL will help ebele.[/s]

When will Buhari probe IBB & OBJ for $12b gulf war oil wind fall and $16b power money?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

So Wike should drop his plan to probe Amaechi?

I am talking about ex presidents here, GCFR of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

But Babangida "embarrassed" the ex Head of State, Buhari by jailing him for more than three years? He even didn't permit him to bury his mother while in jail.
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:46pm On Jun 17, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I am talking about ex presidents here, GCFR of Nigeria.
Amaechi was a leader in his own right as a former Governor.
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
T8ksy:

[s]Nonsense ke? Of course, Jonathan should be probed and if found wanting, ought to be embarrassed but unfortunately there's sweet F.A, you or anyone can do about it.[/s]

Obviously I quoted the wrong person embarassed
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

But Babangida "embarrassed" the ex Head of State, Buhari by jailing him for more than three years? He even didn't permit him to bury his mother while in jail.

Jonathan can be jailed for stealing our money, fine. IBB & OBJ should be jailed too for stealing our money including Abdulsalam Abubakar.
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I hope IBB & OBJ join GEJ in jail.
It's within Buhari's power to choose what he wishes. BTW, there is nowhere in this piece of news where Buhari says he would probe Jonathan. He only said he would investigate the failed arms purchase by Nigeria in South Africa, why are you afraid for Jonathan? Was he in the plane? Was it not Oritsejafor's plane that was used? Why are you not saying Buhari wants to probe Oritsejafor?
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Failed Arms Deal by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Jonathan can be jailed for stealing our money, fine. IBB & OBJ should be jailed too for stealing our money including Abdulsalam Abubakar.
Stop being sentimental, mentioning names like Obasanjo, Babangida and Abubakar as if they are being shielded. I don't speak for any of them. They should be ready to face the music if found guilty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Nigerian Enterpreneur Sujimoto Meets The Ruler Of Dubai / OMG!!! See WAIST OOOOOO. THIS ONE NA CONFERM BOMBOM / “we Are Not Afraid Of You”, The Trent Newspaper Tells President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.