Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi (1421 Views)

Workers Protest In Warri Over 13 Months Salary (pic + Video) / Wike Recovers Vehicle 'Illegally' Acquired By Amaechi Spokesman (Photos) / Wike Set To Sack Over 13,000 Workers Employed By Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by seguntheblogger: 10:16am On Jun 17, 2015

Governor Nyesom Wike is set to sack 13,000 workers employed by his predecessor, Rotimi Amaechi. This comes as Rivers House of Assembly passed a resolution empowering the Governor to sack the board of the State Civil Service Commission accusing them of breaching the rules and illegally employing workers into the state Service.

The Rivers lawmakers passed the resolution on Tuesday after grilling the Chairman of the Service Commission, Mr Ngo Martins Yellowe on the floor of the House based on petitions accusing the Commission of not passing through due process before employing workers in past three years.

Yellowe, however, told lawmakers that the Commission under his leadership obeyed the constitution and laws guiding employment into the service.

Observers of Rivers politics however see the invitation and quizzing of Ngo Martins Yellowe by the lawmakers as a prelude to the sacking of the Commission appointed by the immediate past administration of Governor Chibuike Amaechi and also the sacking the civil servants employed three years to date, especially over 13,200 teachers and others engaged by the immediate past administration of Governor Chibuike Amaechi.

The Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, RSIEC, Chairman Prof Augustine Ahiazu was invited to answer questions about how local government election was conducted. Thereafter a resolution was passed mandating Governor Wike to sack the Commission.Wike sacked RSIEC the next day.
Similarly, the Rivers State Judiciary Service Commission suffered same fate after its members were invited to the floor of the House.
The fears of over 13,200 teachers in the state, over 400 doctors and nurses employed by the former Governor Amaechi is palpable if they fall into the category of workers adjudged to have been wrongly employed into the state civil service.

Culled from
credit : http://streetgist.com/wike-set-to-sack-over-13000-workers-employed-by-amaechi/
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by seguntheblogger: 10:20am On Jun 17, 2015
what do you think?
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by usayab(m): 10:31am On Jun 17, 2015
Wiked wike

1 Like

Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by Kennywills7(m): 10:33am On Jun 17, 2015
I don't think wike will sack them all, d right thing to do is to look for d ghost workers among them and do d needful
Am sure there are a lot of ghost workers among them but wike should b careful not to sack genuine workers as dat can spell doom, protests and confrontation between him and d workers and his popularity can b affected
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by seguntheblogger: 10:36am On Jun 17, 2015
he don start be that ooooooooooooo
usayab:
Wiked wike
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by jogsman01(m): 10:38am On Jun 17, 2015
wike
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 17, 2015
13,000 people in just one state ?
Guess what.....Thunder wey go fire wike still dey him backyard dey smoke weed

1 Like

Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by seguntheblogger: 10:57am On Jun 17, 2015
Themaingate:
13,000 people in just one state ?
Guess what.....Thunder wey go fire wike still dey him backyard dey smoke weed

dont mind him , baba go intervene now
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by Yeske2(m): 11:36am On Jun 17, 2015
I'm sure that most of those he's planning to sack voted wicked Wike, good for them
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
GHEN GHEN! E don red for ghost workers. How I wish Ifeanyi Okowa will do this in Delta State cause Ghost workers too plenty in Delta State Workers.
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by Goodyshoes(m): 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
Following
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by Jorussia(m): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
.If wike likes let him sack all the workers in rivers state, its their business,after all, its what the people of rivers deserve. I am aware,that the 13,000 teachers, were employed in mid 2013,so if he wants to sack all the teachers employed by amaechi he should quietly do so and let the state be in peace.
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by Goodyshoes(m): 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hmmm. Is he planning to sack them and reinstate them after subjecting them to the due process and protocols required for those civil service jobs
Meanwhile,

Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by atlwireles: 1:27pm On Jun 17, 2015
13,000 ghost workers.
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by MzJackBaueress(f): 1:40pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sacking 13000 workers and throwing them into the labour market? Are you sure Wike is ready to govern his state or he's just witch hunting Amaechi and let Rivers people suffer?

Its too early to create enemies for yourself Mr. Wike! Its just too early!

1 Like

Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by jaybee3(m): 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Sacking 13000 workers and throwing them into the labour market? Are you sure Wike is ready to govern his state or he's just witch hunting Amaechi and let Rivers people suffer?

Its too early to create enemies for yourself Mr. Wike! Its just too early!

I think we ought to be asking for his reason for the massive sack.

Consolidation to increase efficiency and streamline bloated civil service should be encouraged especially during this difficult financial period we managed to find ourselves in.

I’m pretty sure it’s a witch-hunt exercise but then again we should give him the benefit of the doubt
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by MzJackBaueress(f): 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
jaybee3:

I think we ought to be asking for his reason for the massive sack.

Consolidation to increase efficiency and streamline bloated civil service should be encouraged especially during this difficult financial period we managed to find ourselves in.

I’m pretty sure it’s a witch-hunt exercise but then again we should give him the benefit of the doubt
the only reason he wants to sack the workers is to get back at Amaechi. Nothing more! I expected him to set up a committee to sanitize the civil service and remove the ghost workers and not sacking 13,000 people.

Who will suffer the consequences? Is it Amaechi or the workers?

Wike should be very careful not to cause hatred by his people. He's going to the extreme.

1 Like

Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by modath(f): 1:56pm On Jun 17, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
the only reason he wants to sack the workers is to get back at Amaechi. Nothing more! I expected him to set up a committee to sanitize the civil service and remove the ghost workers and not sacking 13,000 people.

Who will suffer the consequences? Is it Amaechi or the workers?

Wike should be very careful not to cause hatred by his people. He's going to the extreme.

Man since time immemorial has& will always cut off his nose to spite his face.

Let no one dissuade him, he should go ahead & watch the revolt, even Jesus of okrika will go into hiding.
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by superstar1(m): 1:59pm On Jun 17, 2015
If they are ghost workers, fine.

If not, are they not Rivers State indigenes? Is it not better to have people in employment, rather than constituting nuisance to the society in the name of unemployment and the attendant menace of such demeanour to the society?

At least each of those workers supports or fends for 4 people.
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by sammyj: 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
This is stupidity or joke of the year as if this people the bull dog called governor want to sack are not indigence of the state. Sack them at your peril!!! cool
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
Wicked wike has come to destroy everything amaechi built in river state. River welcome to the new world
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by Tekzyflex(m): 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
In as much as I don't want to believe this news; I will advice Wike to embark on audit of workers instead of sacking because he will be creating enemies for himself and its too early for a start.
Re: Wike set to sack over 13,000 workers employed by Amaechi by seguntheblogger: 4:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
this is serious

(1) (Reply)

Only Board Can Sack Me Not The President / Genocide Against Igbo... / Senator Bruce's Solution To Fulani/farmers Clashes In Nigeria - A Good Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.