Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Breaking News! Oxford Learner's Dictionary Has Added A New Word To The Dictiona - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Breaking News! Oxford Learner's Dictionary Has Added A New Word To The Dictiona (582 Views)

Romantic Word To Show How Much U Care For Your BOO / Oxford Dictionary(new Word Alert) / Gotv Just Added A New Channel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News! Oxford Learner's Dictionary Has Added A New Word To The Dictiona by casperjoe(m): 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
BREAKING NEWS!

OXFORD LEARNER'S DICTIONARY HAS ADDED A NEW WORD TO THE DICTIONARY.
NEW WORD... "TINUBU"

Tinubu (tee-nu-bu) Noun: Someone who believes that he would achieve a sinister goal and looks forward to the benefit(s) of such goals when attained but suddenly meets a deadlock after the goal is attained without enjoying the expected benefits.

Example: The tinubued armed robbers successfully broke into the company's safe and carted away cash only to realize that the money were fake currencies!

Funke became tinuburized when she discovered the man she snatched from her friend because of his presumed wealth was an ordinary driver.

Adjective:To be a Tinubu...the state of not enjoying what you expected from a good fortune.

Example: "My First Class Honors Degree Certificate is null and void because NUC has declared my Alma-Mata an illegal university. Oh! i am a Tinubu!!"
Its Casper Joe Blog Catch the best of 24/7 Entertainment, gist,lifestyle,Health and the best of News,TV Broadcast,and Play online games - See more at: http://www.casperjoeproduction.com

1 Share

Re: Breaking News! Oxford Learner's Dictionary Has Added A New Word To The Dictiona by henribj(m): 3:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
nonsense.. big fat lie.. just checked and its not there.
Re: Breaking News! Oxford Learner's Dictionary Has Added A New Word To The Dictiona by casperjoe(m): 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
is just a joke bro
henribj:
nonsense.. big fat lie.. just checked and its not there.

(1) (Reply)

My GNLD Adventures In Warri And The Bizarre (must Read) / Niger Army Kills 15 Boko Haram Extremists From Nigeria / Where Are The ATM Users? See The 20 Most Guessed ATM Pin Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.