Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers (4970 Views)

Groundnut Oil making Machine For Sale / Badagry Farmers Dance While Hanging On Bamboo Stick (Photos, Video) / The Forgotten Groundnut Pyramids Of Northern Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by taiwoliu(m): 3:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
Good day fellow farmers,

i am a new and enthusiastic farmer about to delve into Groundnut farming but i have no information as to how available the market is in the country, all i have is my knowledge of production and passion for it.
i will appreciate if anyone on here has information that can help me before i venture into this. i don't mind partnership, mentoring or advice, as long as there is mutual understanding.
I count on my ever-ready Nairaland Farmers Community.
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by hotmas911(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
taiwoliu:
Good day fellow farmers,

i am a new and enthusiastic farmer about to delve into Groundnut farming but i have no information as to how available the market is in the country, all i have is my knowledge of production and passion for it.
i will appreciate if anyone on here has information that can help me before i venture into this. i don't mind partnership, mentoring or advice, as long as there is mutual understanding.
I count on my ever-ready Nairaland Farmers Community.
can you please describe your depth of groundnut farming experience.
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by Neduzze5(m): 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2015
While in school, we planted groundnut as one of our projects in UGC 211.

I learnt how to plant groundnut then. I still have the knowledge upstairs.
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by taiwoliu(m): 8:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
hotmas911:
can you please describe your depth of groundnut farming experience.
I am new to it, I have only participated in it once.... Not much experience yet, tho I have a plantation currently growing.
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by taiwoliu(m): 4:17am On Jun 23, 2015
I hope to get info on this....
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by taiwoliu(m): 12:03am On Jun 24, 2015
Pix from d farm

Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by mshaleema: 12:33pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hello...pls I intend to go in to groundnut farming too but of low scale, maybe a hectare of land. I want to know the capital I will need (that includes cost of seeds, irrigation, labour , fertilizer , and so on).... Pls any advice would be appreciated...thanks
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by taiwoliu(m): 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
mshaleema:
Hello...pls I intend to go in to groundnut farming too but of low scale, maybe a hectare of land. I want to know the capital I will need (that includes cost of seeds, irrigation, labour , fertilizer , and so on).... Pls any advice would be appreciated...thanks
send me a pm.... ... we'll discuss much better, there are questions I need to ask.

But 1 hectare aint small scale oooo
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by mshaleema: 7:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
taiwoliu:
send me a pm.... ... we'll discuss much better, there are questions I need to ask.

I'm sorry...I don't know how to use this website well yet........not sure where the pm is....can I have ur email or something?
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by taiwoliu(m): 7:43am On Jan 25, 2016
mshaleema:

I'm sorry...I don't know how to use this website well yet........not sure where the pm is....can I have ur email or something?

Incase of future request: go to the person's profile, you'll see 'email this person' tab.
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by mshaleema: 7:42pm On Jan 25, 2016
taiwoliu:

poss check ur email...tanx
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by taiwoliu(m): 8:10pm On Jan 25, 2016
mshaleema:
yeah.... I saw your msg, will reply soon. Been busy
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by taiwoliu(m): 10:57am On Jan 26, 2016
mshaleema:
check your mail now..... replied you
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by smartdebiz(m): 11:25am On Jan 26, 2016
Neduzze5:
While in school, we planted groundnut as one of our projects in UGC 211.

I learnt how to plant groundnut then. I still have the knowledge upstairs.
Is like you're a student of MOUAU? Anyway, groundnut farming is very profitable since fertilizer application is not necessary. The most needed nutrient element is Boron, while groundnut has the ability to fix Nitrogen needed for growth. You can go on. You can also intercrop with maize to maximize your output. I'm an agriculturist by profession, you can consult me in your farm.
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by taiwoliu(m): 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
smartdebiz:
Is like you're a student of MOUAU? Anyway, groundnut farming is very profitable since fertilizer application is not necessary. The most needed nutrient element is Boron, while groundnut has the ability to fix Nitrogen needed for growth. You can go on. You can also intercrop with maize to maximize your output. I'm an agriculturist by profession, you can consult me in your farm.
is it only maize that can be inter-cropped with groundnut? also, what is the advantage of regular spacing between the seed-holes over irregular spacing?
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by smartdebiz(m): 7:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
taiwoliu:
is it only maize that can be inter-cropped with groundnut? also, what is the advantage of regular spacing between the seed-holes over irregular spacing?
You can intercrop any crop of your choice. Regular spacing reduces the competition among crops and also allow maximum circulation of CO2.
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by taiwoliu(m): 6:50am On Jan 27, 2016
smartdebiz:
You can intercrop any crop of your choice. Regular spacing reduces the competition among crops and also allow maximum circulation of CO2.
what's the required spacing? What if I am intercropping, how will I space the secondary crop? In between the groundnut plants or how?
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by smartdebiz(m): 8:10am On Jan 27, 2016
taiwoliu:
what's the required spacing? What if I am intercropping, how will I space the secondary crop? In between the groundnut plants or how?
You can do 10cm x 10cm spacing. The crop to be intercopped in the same hole with the groundnut. It's good u intercrop with erect crops.
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by taiwoliu(m): 11:39am On Jan 27, 2016
smartdebiz:
You can do 10cm x 10cm spacing. The crop to be intercopped in the same hole with the groundnut. It's good u intercrop with erect crops.
thank you very much..... you've been very helpful
Re: To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers by CodeTemplar: 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2018
What are the varieties of groundnut in market. there are some with bigger seeds than others. the smaller ones are always sweeter.

(1) (Reply)

Which Company Can I Be Supplying Cassava Tuber / Mushroom Spawn/seed At Affordable Price. / Please Where To I Buy Garri Wholesale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.