Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson (46677 Views)

"Produce Nnamdi Kanu Within 7 Days" - IPOB Tells FG, South-East Governors / "Keep Quite" Saraki Tells APC Senators / Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2015

The Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC, has asked the Lagos state publicity secretary of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Joe Igbokwe, to apologise within seven days for his comments on OPC or incur the wrath of Yoruba gods.

The director of media and publicity of the OPC, Yinka Oguntimeyin, said Mr. Igbokwe while speaking with newsmen over OPC’s withdrawal from the pipeline protection contract had described the Yoruba group as “hoodlums and outlaws”.

“Why should hoodlums be used in securing pipelines…using OPC is a primitive way of securing pipelines. You don’t give sensitive jobs like pipelines to outlaws,”‎ OPC quoted Igbokwe from PUNCH.

OPC said the contract was a duly-signed one between the OPC and NNPC and was supposed to last between March 15 and June 15, 2015.

“Igbokwe needs to take a tour to the communities where the pipeline runs through and speak with the residents on their experience since the OPC started watching over the facilities. Our men have brought some sense of safety and security to the people of the areas where these pipelines pass through.

“On this note, I wish to say that Mr. Joe Igbokwe withdraws his comments and apologize to the OPC within seven days or risk the wrath of all the deities in Yorubaland. Igbokwe’s latest statement is seen as an insult on the entire Yoruba race and would be punished by Yoruba gods and our ancestors if he fails to apologize within seven days”.

“In our land, it is an insult to speak to an Oba in that manner. Even if the Oba makes a mistake, you do not stand in the public gallery to insult him” the group said.

OPC said the statement coming from Mr. Igbokwe was not only shocking, but also regrettable. It however said it is not surprised that he would insult and cast aspersions on members of the OPC. ‎
“Though it is easy for him and others like him who are benefiting from the struggle to enthrone democracy in our country, he needs to tell us where he was when members of OPC, alongside other activists like Chief Gani Fawehinmi, Dr. Beko Ransome-Kuti and Lagos lawyer, Femi Falana, took on the military after the annulment of the June 12 presidential election.

“Igbokwe should tell the world what role he played in the struggle to revalidate the annulment of the election and subsequently enthrone democracy in our country. We need to know where Igbokwe was in 1995 when civil society groups in the country, under the command of NADECCO, organized what was called the ‘mother of all rallies. Where was Igbokwe in 1996 when Olisa Agbakoba led a rally against the military,” OPC asked.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/185236-apologize-within-7-days-or-face-yoruba-gods-opc-tells-apcs-spokesperson.html
Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by kodded(m): 4:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
undecided

Clowns

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
victorels:

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/185236-apologize-within-7-days-or-face-yoruba-gods-opc-tells-apcs-spokesperson.html

“Igbokwe should tell the world what role he played in the struggle to revalidate the annulment of the election and subsequently enthrone democracy in our country. We need to know where Igbokwe was in 1995 when civil society groups in the country, under the command of NADECCO, organized what was called the ‘mother of all rallies. Where was Igbokwe in 1996 when Olisa Agbakoba led a rally against the military,” OPC asked.
‎The pan Yoruba group said it is on record that most of these activities were led and indeed commanded by members of the OPC.
OPC referred Mr. Igbokwe to a judgment of Justice Anwuli Chikere of the Federal High Court in Abuja, delivered on December 19, 2006, during the detention of Gani Adams and Fredrick Fasehun.

“In the judgment, the revered justice ruled that the OPC was not an illegal organization, and ordered that nobody should refer to it as an illegal body.
“Aside from this very important ruling on the status of the OPC, we would have expected Igbokwe to know that, as enshrined in the Nigerian constitution, every Nigerian has the right of association and the freedom to associate with one another without molestation.

“It is not on record that Igbokwe suffers from memory relapse. But I would like to refresh his memory, hoping that it would do him some good.
“Among our members are medical doctors, lawyers and technocrats among others. Also, across Yorubaland, we have initiated and organized more than 18 cultural festivals as part of the efforts to promote Yoruba culture and traditions,” the OPC said.
Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by temitemi1(m): 4:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
cool cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 17, 2015
Lagoon

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by KHAYGOLD(m): 4:51pm On Jun 17, 2015
Haters all over the planet.

1 Like

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by GBTYO: 4:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
Yorubas are the most diabolical and archaic people in Nigeria.

157 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by kodded(m): 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2015
GBTYO:

very true

All their movies are fill with voodoo and black magic

Winning123:

You are not different from South Africans who attack foreigners. Your comments show your ignorance anyway. Let me inform you that same race has produced world renowned men of God that made the list of 100 most influential people in the world
I meant their movies...

Show me any yoruba movie that you wouldn't find any herbalist, witch, black magic, tragic death, ghost, and voodoo ? undecided

...Even their romantic and comedy movies are not left out

Smh undecided

154 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by DULLARDipo: 5:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
Why did the Dullard withdraw the contract GEJ gave the OPC group in the first place?

18 Likes

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by Yeske2(m): 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
I just dey pass
Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by TheOtherview: 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
GBTYO:

And you will forever remain the scum of our planet.

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by Born2eatPussy(m): 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
The Yolobas sold all their lands to igbo guys.
They have nothing again that's why they keep crying like a lady suffering from menstrual pain

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
It is well.

For your latest quality stone coated roofing tiles (Bond, Classic, Shingle, Roman, Shake) from DS Rooftile, South Korea.

Call/Whatsapp Lanre: 07036136517.
Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by totit: 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
victorels:

I'm loving the growing consciousness among yorubas.

Lagoon....calls....beckons to the flattieeezz of hates grin

5 Likes

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hmmm. The so-called 'wrath' could be in the form of some gunmen wasting a man's life as in Nollywood.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by Born2eatPussy(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
Yeske2:
I just dey pass

Na your body odor i dey perceive so ??

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by ihatebuhari(f): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
grin
Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by chynergy1(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
we disown him. treat him as you like.
'disclaimer'

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by natureblack(m): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
Yoruba gods _Which of them ?

Olorun

Aganju

Aja

Ayao

Babalu Aye

Egungun-oya

Kokou

Obatala

Olokun

Ogun

Osoosi

Sango

Oya

Saponna

Yemoja

14 Likes

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by Born2eatPussy(m): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
ihatebuhari:

.com ??
Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by effty(m): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
If e no be OUTLAWS, then e go be OUTLAWS.

2 Likes

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
Bunch of useless people... was it not d same yoruba gods dat d fake Dr Ariyo talked abt yet st the end, he went to bring his entire family to beg...mumu.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by raayah(f): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2015

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by kennydee05(m): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
Threat without content

Yoruba gods and ancestors have already disown you (OPC) long time ago.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by ihatebuhari(f): 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
Born2eatPussy:

.com ??
no
Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by alaoeri: 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
Igbokwe may not be far from the truth, OPC ranting as usual as a result of contract withdrawal with threat that doesn't hold water. undecided

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by Calebosko(m): 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
make i use this land campain before i go return to build my mansion,

vote scenmarlc for mr Nairaland.
Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by front247: 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
U people cannot do anything, we only know one God that is d almighty God

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by bettercreature(m): 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
Disgraced people trying to paint themself as a patriot Yoruba,they betrayed Yoruba people by intimidating lagosian when it was the most important,they refused to accept change and now CHANCE has forced itself on them

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson by Born2eatPussy(m): 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
raayah:

Hi

I see you checking me out.
Sorry, I'm married

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I've Learnt My Lessons, Says Blood-soaked Voter Who Survived An Attack In Kano / IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu And Others Trend On Twitter As Nigerians Express Concerns. / Oil Spillage In Eleme/Ogu, Rivers State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.