Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,758 members, 7,840,949 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Why Are Nigerians Not Paying For Any Online Ideas - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Are Nigerians Not Paying For Any Online Ideas (8977 Views)

Stop Paying For Hosting! Host Your Site/blog On Google Free Of Charge!!! / Paying For Facebook Page Promotion / Why Facebook,google,youtube Are Not Paying Taxes In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Paying For Any Online Ideas by akeensbussy(m): 7:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
caoalvin:
please why are Nigerians not paying for any online ideas that someone introduce online be it membership site, online stock report, ebooks etc. Nigerians just love free things both online and offline its not encouraging as an entrepreneur. pls let's know the reasons why Nigerians don't pay for any online ideas apart from web hosting fee, any other ideas they don't pay.

most online idea they are selling does not belong to them.
Most of the sellers don't practice what they sell.
if u have made money from something you claim will fetch me money, giving me the information should not be a big thing to u.
most of what they claim are lies.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Paying For Any Online Ideas by irishMO123(m): 11:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
caoalvin:
please why are Nigerians not paying for any online ideas that someone introduce online be it membership site, online stock report, ebooks etc. Nigerians just love free things both online and offline its not encouraging as an entrepreneur. pls let's know the reasons why Nigerians don't pay for any online ideas apart from webhosting fee, any other ideas they don't pay.
no be data we dey use browse abi na sand??... inversely we r paying for everything
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Paying For Any Online Ideas by ndubisik(m): 6:31am On Jun 20, 2015
Darkchocolate:
Knowledge is free. You can find information on any thing online absolutely free. The key is knowing when to invest in yourself to delve deeper into that realm of knowledge which you seek.

Additionally, our distrustful culture (scams, frauds, etc) makes us less likely to pay for information when we can easily get it free elsewhere. Like someone said, establish the worth of the information you are offering and watch people offer you thousands to acquire that information.

BTW...did you know that top schools in the world like Harvard, Yale, Oxford; they all offer free online courses!!!
You just have to know where to look!!!!!
wink

Knowledge is free I agree with you. But even Google won't be making any money if they gave out all their knowledge for free. Buying online isn't for everybody it's for only those who are ignorant of a problem and want solution or people who are too busy.. For example I fix software problems on phones and laptops.. Most of the solutions are easy enough to find online with a simple Google search.. You don't expect me to tell people who come to me with problem to go search for the info themselves. They'd appreciate it if I charge a token so that's how it works.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Paying For Any Online Ideas by ndubisik(m): 6:35am On Jun 20, 2015
akeensbussy:

most online idea they are selling does not belong to them.
Most of the sellers don't practice what they sell.
if u have made money from something you claim will fetch me money, giving me the information should not be a big thing to u.
most of what they claim are lies.
The busines you do, do you go about teaching anybody who wants to start if for free? It's just an avenue to make more money and please I'm not defending the info marketers here. Money is money. Google makes a ton of money per year. Does that stop them from charging advertisers? Definitely not!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Paying For Any Online Ideas by ndubisik(m): 7:04am On Jun 20, 2015
The problem lies on multiple layers. I expect my brother to go online and search for solutions when he has a problem. I can't expect my mum or dad to have time to do same that's where marketers come in.
Secondly, Nigerians don't do their due diligence. How can you buy something from somebody with no credibility? It's like going to a market and buying a phone from a street hawker with a mask over his face.

Nobody in his right senses will do that. Offline is very similar to online biz. You only buy from reputable people with shops in a good location. So you should buy online from people with good online presence.

Another thing is authority. If I establish myself as an authority in something, people have no choice but to come to me. I visit sites like cnn and even Linda ikeji not so much because I like them but I trust what they have to offer.

Then the get rich quick syndrome. Nigerians want it now and fast, and that's why scammers will continue to thrive for a long time to come. Most people don't implement the solution they get when it's starts taking time to achieve results and so move to the next big thing. I remember when I first heard of fiverr. I was enthusiastic about it but when I didn't start seeing results immediately I quit. Most of the people I started off with are now reaping the benefits in cash.

So always try to stick to something for a while and find out what works.

Another thing is the market. Most naija marketers give too much false promises and don't target the right audience.. Again scammers come in. Never believe something if it's too good to be true. And then audience, why would you target people who don't need your service? If I wanted to sell an info product, I wouldn't pitch the idea to my junior bro cos he'll just go search for the same thing online. Same goes for our youths. They've got lots of time and no money and you need people with money. So you definitely can't pitch a 10,000 Maira product to them and expect sales. Match your price with your audience.

Lol I'm beginning to sound like a marketer myself.. Anyways I'm working towards building credibility in my own niche market. You need a niche market to target and operate in if you ever hope on succeeding in your online business.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? / Download All PHP Video Tutorials By Thenewboston / 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.