Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Is This Text Message Really From Mtn. Beware Of 307 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is This Text Message Really From Mtn. Beware Of 307 (5713 Views)

My Nokia 5 Unboxing:Would You Choose A Tecno Or Infinix Device Over This? (text) / Hilarious Text Message Airtel Sent To Me ( Snapshot ) / Did GLO Send You This TEXT >:( SCREENSHOT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Text Message Really From Mtn. Beware Of 307 by onismate: 9:15pm On Jun 17, 2015
I don't know if anyone is getting numerous text messages from the short code 307 claiming to be mtn. They are requesting that I should save my text messages and other stuff in one malicious website they created. They send me this messages like more than 3 times in a day. Each time their messages come, my phone would signal that the text message contain malware and malicious content. So am suspecting that it's not from mtn. I don't know if anyone is getting that this type of messages from that number. They are really disturbing me ooo. I think it's another way to scam and collect people's data, thereby using it to profit themselves. I think security agencies should go after all these people behind these dubious means. Unless maybe the text is emanating from mtn which I doubt. Please is there any other persons getting this kind of messages?
Re: Is This Text Message Really From Mtn. Beware Of 307 by AirstarKane(f): 9:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
Call the customer care line and ask but I doubt it's from MTN or maybe the third party.
Re: Is This Text Message Really From Mtn. Beware Of 307 by Whizpeter(m): 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
RUN!!!
Re: Is This Text Message Really From Mtn. Beware Of 307 by Olypeppy(f): 12:35am On Jun 18, 2015
I'm getting the same messages ooo.
Re: Is This Text Message Really From Mtn. Beware Of 307 by gudluckgreat(m): 4:32am On Jun 18, 2015
onismate:
I don't know if anyone is getting numerous text messages from the short code 307 claiming to be mtn. They are requesting that I should save my text messages and other stuff in one malicious website they created. They send me this messages like more than 3 times in a day. Each time their messages come, my phone would signal that the text message contain malware and malicious content. So am suspecting that it's not from mtn. I don't know if anyone is getting that this type of messages from that number. They are really disturbing me ooo. I think it's another way to scam and collect people's data, thereby using it to profit themselves. I think security agencies should go after all these people behind these dubious means. Unless maybe the text is emanating from mtn which I doubt. Please is there any other persons getting this kind of messages?

Lol its from mtn. That address enables you to access your backed up data in their website. Data as in contacts that you backed up or to access your personal account with mtn
Re: Is This Text Message Really From Mtn. Beware Of 307 by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 18, 2015
Once you back up your data on that site, they have gotten all your information.
Re: Is This Text Message Really From Mtn. Beware Of 307 by onismate: 11:31am On Jun 18, 2015
victorels:
Once you back up your data on that site, they have gotten all your information.
yes, I suspect that
Re: Is This Text Message Really From Mtn. Beware Of 307 by FMO101: 2:09am On Jun 16, 2021
I got same message too... Just thinking calling MTN will solve it
Re: Is This Text Message Really From Mtn. Beware Of 307 by rashy1234(m): 4:40pm On Jul 30, 2021
gudluckgreat:

Lol its from mtn. That address enables you to access your backed up data in their website. Data as in contacts that you backed up or to access your personal account with mtn

Oh! I just bought a second hand phone and I experienced same thing. I even thought maybe I'm being tracked.

Re: Is This Text Message Really From Mtn. Beware Of 307 by Aeschylus: 8:53am On Sep 12, 2021
I was scared when I received a message from 307 with "CID..." in the text. I thought

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi 3 Discussion Thread | Precious Little One | Mid Range But Powerful / How To Make Money With Jumia One Application / About Airtel 100% Data Bonus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.