Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,810 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Is "FANS MI" Really Worth The Hype??? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is "FANS MI" Really Worth The Hype??? (711 Views)

Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype / Why Your Children Should Avoid Davido's Video "Fans Mi"- Vanguard Newspaper / Mew Music: Davido – ‘fans Mi (remix)’ Ft. Meek Mill & Leke Lee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is "FANS MI" Really Worth The Hype??? by milestonejnr(m): 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
http://www.gistalive.com/2015/06/is-fans-mi-really-worth-hype.html

It simply means you've been under a very mighty rock of ages for you to say you haven't heard of the collaboration between Davido and Meek Mill. OK. For the records, our very own Davido did a song with Maybach Music's Meek Mill.

And since its release a couple of days ago,it has swept the country off its feet(I don't mean APC's broom o) and it has become the talk if the town,sorry,talk of the country. It has also gone ahead to break some records on its wake(you've heard that the video broke and set another records for video with the highest views on YouTube,within 24 hours with a whooping 200000 views!).

I have to give thumbs up to Davido and his HKN gang for making such massive international collaboration see the light of the day and for the way they built the anticipation for the single for months before the release leading to a very cataclysmal orgasm(Ain't talking about sex,anyway). In fact,it was already a hit before its release. Kudos @iamdavido, kudos @teamhknboyz.

But then I have a humble plea: Is it possible to disentangle the glamour associated with the video from the song itself. By the song, I mean the audio. Now, that's another cinema altogether. I've spent tons of time listening to the above mentioned song,you know enjoying the stuff, then digesting the stuff,allowing it to sink deep. I think am now able and capable to say one or two things about the song.

Where do I start? Emmm...Shizzi! Nice job,brother. You killed it;you really did. The hip hop beat is amazingly ET(by ET I mean "extraterrestrial",you know outta this world). I don't think we should spend much time talking about a genius like Shizzi. For heaven's sake, what else do you expect from the brain behind many Nigerian hits in recent times? I give him 100% for the hip hop beat.

Then coming to the song. To be frank,this is a normal-everyday-Naija song. Davido did not do anything on the song that will make me go gaga, or that will earn him another BET award(though it can still give him the award sha. You know the way awards are given in this part of the world can be funny,at times).
Even Meek Mill sounded "just ok" on the song. Got be wondering whether the likes of Vector, Jesse Jagz, MI or even Olamide and Reminisce wouldn't have done better when given such a beat. OK, Davido wanted an international act on the song. Who remembers "Beautiful Onyinye" remix,"Chop My Money" remix or even "Rainbow" remix? You can see what his boss Rick Ross, Akon and T-Pain did on the respective songs.They made sure those songs turn to potential classics. Class! That's why they are international acts(no diss at "local rappers" o, lol).

Anyways,Meek Mill being on the song alone will give the song all the hype in the world and take it to places. But is it a potential classic like "Aye" or even "Damiduro"? Is it a song we will always remember in ages to come? A capital "N" and a tiny little "o". No!!!
Davido did not give anything out of the box in "Fans Mi", got me wondering why you should dedicate such "scamish" song to your fans. And that brings another thought to my head, did Shizzi give Davido the wrong beat? Or was it what he wanted? No one can tell.

Hey,before you start casting the stones, its not like "Fans Mi" is totally awful. It has some good sides too. But if you check the hype that accompanied its release and has been with it since then, you'll make sense out of all I've been saying.

In conclusion, "Fans Mi" by Davido ft Meek Mill is not a very bad song but I'm not sure you're gonna have it in your playlist by this time next year. Its strictly a song for the moment. But,if you give me "Fans Mi" and "The Sound", another 2015 hit by Davido, I'll take "The Sound" with two hands. Now,that's my opinion.

My name is Chidiebere Kalu but you can call me Chidey. A Mass Communicator, a music artiste,an MC,a standup comedian,a song writer,an art critic,a radio personality, an entrepreneur, a phenomenal thinker,a talkative,blah blah blah...

http://www.gistalive.com/2015/06/is-fans-mi-really-worth-hype.html
Re: Is "FANS MI" Really Worth The Hype??? by demmy0325(m): 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
Re: Is "FANS MI" Really Worth The Hype??? by orogodoganyin(m): 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
nice write up. 12/30
Re: Is "FANS MI" Really Worth The Hype??? by Ama80(f): 9:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
orogodoganyin:
nice write up. 12/30
you are nicely harsh. shocked
Re: Is "FANS MI" Really Worth The Hype??? by orogodoganyin(m): 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
u call me harsh? u should meet my secondary sch english teacher

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Kcee Stops By The Roadside To Price Foodstuff On His Way To Owerri / Funaab Shakiti Bobo / Viral No.1: 'owe You Nothn'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.