Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

AFCON 2017: Expect More New Faces In My Team – Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2017: Expect More New Faces In My Team – Keshi (555 Views)

Mourinho Brings Six New Faces To Manchester United / Stephen Keshi Is Dead / Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON 2017: Expect More New Faces In My Team – Keshi by xlash(m): 6:28am On Jun 18, 2015
Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi has stated that he will
continue to experiment with the national team as the Eagles chase qualification for the 2017 African Cup of Nations.

Nigerian fans watched as the Super Eagles laboured to a 2-0 win over Chad last Saturday. Four new faces were introduced to the team by coach Keshi. He argued that this process will continue as he seeks to achieve a balance in his
squad.

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/412x274xKeshi0.jpg.pagespeed.ic.S5Jg2Nf48c.webp[/img]

“Even if you’ve had a team for five or six years, you will still have one or two additions or subtractions to make in your team because we’re always looking for that balance,” he
said.

“Against Chad I had several new faces and they are players I have been studying for some time. I know their quality and if we had time, long enough to work together it would have been different from what we saw against Chad.

“We have to do what we have to do to find a very solid team and I have confidence in this group of players because there is a lot of potential and we have to keep giving them more opportunities,”
Keshi said.

However, football administrator, Ahmed Garra Gombe has
stated that Keshi was heading for another failure, if he continued with what Gombe termed as his uncoordinated
approach to the Eagles job.

“With the way Keshi is going, I am afraid we are headed for another failure.

“Look at the last match that was played. What was the pattern? Did it look like a team that has a mission?”

Source: http://primebaze.com
Re: AFCON 2017: Expect More New Faces In My Team – Keshi by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 18, 2015
New face kee
No pick Amosun o
Re: AFCON 2017: Expect More New Faces In My Team – Keshi by orobs93(m): 6:33am On Jun 18, 2015
Have you gone for a refresher course @keshi nor be gra gra na sense
Re: AFCON 2017: Expect More New Faces In My Team – Keshi by Young03(m): 6:43am On Jun 18, 2015
New faces

so i will xpecting to c harry kane dere.
Re: AFCON 2017: Expect More New Faces In My Team – Keshi by Emilokoiyawon: 7:15am On Jun 18, 2015
Keshi every time you play you always bring new new faces. After the nations cup success in 2013 you decided to uproot that team and brought new faces. What happened to Sunday Mba and Ideye? You went to confederation cup with new faces and you failed. You went to World Cup with new faces and failed - we lost to France because Yobo (who you decided to bring in in the last minute so he can reach his useless centennial of games) did not have Chemistry with the goalkeeper and the other defenders. You tried to qualify for next nations cup with new faces and you failed. Even you last game was packed with new faces. And whenever you play with these your new faces its obvious the boys don't understand each other and the team chemistry is terrible. This is one of the problems you have - you seem to just spend all your time experimenting instead of settling on 23 or so solid players and work with them so that they can have great chemistry and play good football and get consistent results. Some players you brought as new faces where are they today? Where is Gabriel? Where is Aluko? Where is that young boy that chose Nigeria over Belgium? Where is Uchebo? Where is Oshaniwa? Where is Azeez? Where is Anthony Ujah? Is Victor Moses still in your plans? Where is Uche? Where is Osaze? Where is Martins? Look here Oga Keshi. Nigeria is not a country with world class super stars playing for the biggest clubs in Europe. What we have are average players which makes the need for team chemistry your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY. But when are you gonna build a solid team if you keep changing players like say dem be wrapper? Some of us know these players more than you do. If you want I can give you the name of Nigeria's best 23 players and all you have to do is to make them into a solid team, shikena. All this new faces business you are talking about seems to me to just be your own way of avoiding to the real job of team building. If this is the case - then the chickens will never graduate to the stage of Eagles. KESHI - can you build a solid Nigerian team, like Westerhof's US 94 team, that can stand toe to toe with the best teams in the world? A team that either win or lose gets the respect of their opponents and the admiration of their fans and football lovers? I am afraid you have not shown any ability to be able to do this BUT I truly stand to be corrected. The ball is in your court ONCE AGAIN.

(1) (Reply)

Sure Betting / BBC: Africa’s Favourite English Premier League Team / Please Somebody Should Help Me Interprete This Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.