Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Bmw Is High Cost Maintenance? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Bmw Is High Cost Maintenance? (2614 Views)

Which Bmw Is This? / It Is High Time Nairaland Organized It's Auto Section! / Dis Bmw Is Ready Set To Fly, Just Pick It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bmw Is High Cost Maintenance? by cooldng(m): 11:03am On Feb 24, 2009
Hello Guys,
I have a soft spot for the 1998 BMW 5 Series and I want to get one.
The snag is, I was told it is quite expensive to maintain especially with its spare parts and fuel consumption.

Please is there anyone who can dispute this or shed more light on it before i take the plunge.

Thanks & Best wishes. wink
Re: Bmw Is High Cost Maintenance? by KA24DETT(m): 3:23am On Feb 27, 2009
Its only high maintenance if the previous owner didnt quite take well of it,, but bear in mind that the parts dont come cheap.  i dont recomend BMW with over 2400000Kms. does things are not built rock solid like toyota or hondas.  but the handling is very amazing.  If u want a car that is very cheap and requires little or no maintenance, i would highly recomend 95-98 nissan maxima. i have 2 , one of them is at 340000kms and i only change the oil. does cars never die. its a  students car in canada. its very fast 0-100km in under 7seconds with 5speed. i can get u one for slightly under one million, link me up stephenpeters2@yahoo.com
Am a Nisssan certified mechanic in canada
Re: Bmw Is High Cost Maintenance? by cooldng(m): 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2009
Thanks alot for the tip, was really helpful.
I'll be sure to holla you for the maxima when ready, I really don't have close to a million now.
Cheers.
Re: Bmw Is High Cost Maintenance? by sojioguns(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2009
0-100km/h in less than 7 secs? Is it tuned or something? That IS fast. I seriously DON'T agree that Toyotas and Hondas are more rock-solid than German cars.
Re: Bmw Is High Cost Maintenance? by integgriti: 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2009
Hi,
I never used a BMW until Jan this year. I found it increadibly sweet to drive and I do not think it consumes fule as much as I thought. Honestly the parts cost a little more that most regular cars, but you do not have to change the parts as frequently as you do with most other cars.

The car with me is a 2002 525i, black exterior, cream leather interior, auto drive, full option with navigation system and all. Has about 128000 miles.

I got this car from my friend who was relocating with his family to the UK and needed cash. I have 3 other cars and I hardly use this car, so I am considering selling.

Reach me on 08070790095 and lets talk if you are interested.

Cheers.
Re: Bmw Is High Cost Maintenance? by sultaan(m): 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2009
Is there any advice that does not come with a sales pitch here?

(1) (Reply)

2009 Toyota Camry Le: See It,love It, Have It / Car Dvd (LCD touch screen with bluetooth and TV )For Sale / 2009 Honda Accord Ex For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.