Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

Why Do Developers(especially Nigerians) Prefer To Develop For Playstore - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Do Developers(especially Nigerians) Prefer To Develop For Playstore (2621 Views)

How To Develop Instant Android Chating App(social Network) / Govt Should Help Developers Especially Beginners / Why I Prefer To Develop For Blackberry Compared To Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Developers(especially Nigerians) Prefer To Develop For Playstore by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2015
Luedave:
dude d truth is naija programers dnt know how to optimize their apps and use keywords well. Imagine a app called 'myorbi', wen i searchd 4 'orbi', i didnt c it, i search 4 'myorb, myorbi', yet didnt c it until i searchd ''Myorbi" tru google and saw d owner playstore link. Now tell me how that app would get downloads

The name of the app is Orbi and its no 1 on the playstore search result, we couldn't get the domain name, we had to get myorbi.com instead
We have a new update with improved user interface and optimised functionality, download here - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orbi.app
Re: Why Do Developers(especially Nigerians) Prefer To Develop For Playstore by nollyj: 10:21am On Jun 21, 2015
CRAZYMADMAN:
Just curious though,
suppose I develop the same application for both Ios applestore and Android playstore and happen to have about the level of search optimization, which is more likely to fetch me more cash and by what margin?

You will make more money from Apple store I guess because most iOS apps are paid for compare to Google play where the most popular earning type is through advertisement.

The level of cash / earning difference might be hard to estimate.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Developers(especially Nigerians) Prefer To Develop For Playstore by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2015
olucurious:

The name of the app is Orbi and its no 1 on the playstore search result, we couldn't get the domain name, we had to get myorbi.com instead
We have a new update with improved user interface and optimised functionality, download here - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orbi.app
well still cudnt find it but i got it installed b4. fix d "time out error bug". lastly ur new update isnt compatible with my device version y....
Re: Why Do Developers(especially Nigerians) Prefer To Develop For Playstore by FincoApps(m): 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
With the same level of search optimization on the stores, I guess BlackBerry or IPhone, I'm not sure for IPhone. But BlackBerry would fetch you more because BB World search Algorithm is just too good
CRAZYMADMAN:
Just curious though,
suppose I develop the same application for both Ios applestore and Android playstore and happen to have about the level of search optimization, which is more likely to fetch me more cash and by what margin?
Re: Why Do Developers(especially Nigerians) Prefer To Develop For Playstore by nollyj: 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
@FincoApps

Please add me on Skype - my username is henry.tochi. I will like to chat with you about BB development. If you are not using Skype you can let me know which chat app we can use.

Thanks
Re: Why Do Developers(especially Nigerians) Prefer To Develop For Playstore by FincoApps(m): 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
Okay, I'll add you up
nollyj:
@FincoApps

Please add me on Skype - my username is henry.tochi. I will like to chat with you about BB development. If you are not using Skype you can let me know which chat app we can use.

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is Www.nairaland.com Worth? / . / What Can Python Programming Language Build?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.