Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,092 members, 7,953,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:22 PM

Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP (21808 Views)

Neymar And Lewis Hamilton Enjoys Themselves At NBA Final / Nwakali Honored As MVP By Netherlands Prince In Presence Of Kanu / Andre Iguodala: Nigerian Basketballer Who Tamed Lebron James At NBA Finals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by ionsman: 1:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
EbolaParasite:

All of una with this claiming naaansense. He is AMERICAN. If you ask him, he will tell you he is an AMERICAN. He will not say Nigerian American. Stop celebrating someone that does not know you exist. Iguodala wouldn't be able to find Nigeria on the map of africa even if his life depended on it.
You are talking thrash. I was only trying to correct someone who said he was Yoruba and you are here talking out of point.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
kekakuz:
Yoruba boys making us proud since 1660

He's Bini.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by EbolaParasite: 2:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
ionsman:

You are talking thrash. I was only trying to correct someone who said he was Yoruba and you are here talking out of point.

How am I talking trash? You said he is a Bini boy and I am telling you that he is an AMERICAN and does not know where bini is. How is this trash?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by raumdeuter: 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
What's his father's name?

Any info on his father?

Iguodala played when USA defeated nigeria at the last Olympics

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by EDUECO(m): 2:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
kekakuz:

even the Benin's claim they are from ile ife
you phurking morron
Am sorry if you are/were offended by my correction! But you must desist from making libelous statements from now on.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by paulpisky: 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by paulpisky: 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
Andre is an American Shikenah
raumdeuter:
What's his father's name?

Any info on his father?

Iguodala played when USA defeated nigeria at the last Olympics
Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by raumdeuter: 2:41pm On Jun 18, 2015
paulpisky:
Andre is an American Shikenah

Not doubting that.

I just want to know if anyone knows the name of his father or any info about him.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by EDUECO(m): 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
kekakuz:

even the Benin's claim they are from ile ife you phurking morron
The Edos or Igodomigodo are not from Ile Ife!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by agentzakky(m): 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
Andre was awesome on both end of the court. He guarded LeBron as best as he could. I'm happy his shooting woes from the strip didn't hurt his team.
Congratulations #Igoudala# #splashbrothers# #babyfaceassasin#

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by brixton: 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2015
Andre
Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
fatdon2:
No Sentiment But I Think Stephen Curry Deserves The Award

lol in ur dreams, Lebron James Deserved it.. he outscored both teams.. Curry flopped in three games..if Lebron flopped like Curry, Golden state would have sweeped Cavs. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by busybrain88: 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
kekakuz:
sorry to burst ur bubbles,dis na EDO boy.nor vex .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by RaeMystix: 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
Going from a Bench Warmer to the Most Valued Player in one season?;beating both LeBron and Curry, the two favorites? ...Wao!!.. If not God.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by UNIBENDON: 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
kekakuz:

you phurking morron
Mr I Know It All,IGUODALA is an ancient Edo name! Just google it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by RaeMystix: 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
brixton:
He is Nigerian, he can't be American and represented NIgeria at the last Olympics. I don't know what other acknowledgment u guys want to hear/see

He played for the American team, and not for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by Aida13: 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2015
Saw the name yesterday on a sports site and thought that it sounded Nigerian... Wow that's good, making impact where ever we go.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by EbolaParasite: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2015
brixton:
He is Nigerian, he can't be American and represented NIgeria at the last Olympics. I don't know what other acknowledgment u guys want to hear/see

Olodo. When did he represent Nigeria. See quotes from iguodala below when asked about the opportunity to represent Nigeria

"It was always my dream to play for the USA team," Iguodala said. "That's where I grew up. I never gave it any serious thought. It didn't feel right to me. I've never been there. I've never really had a chance to experience [b][size=20pt]their[/size] [/b]culture, only from the outside looking in because of my father"

Source : http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/sports/basketball-andre-iguodala-explains-why-he-chose-to-play-for-team-usa-rather-than-nigeria.html

Notice how he refers to "you" mumu Nigerians as "their". He is an American. Period.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by EbolaParasite: 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2015
RaeMystix:
Going from a Bench Warmer to the Most Valued Player in one season?;beating both LeBron and Curry, the two favorites? ...Wao!!.. If not God.

Obviously you guys don't watch basketball. Yes he sat on the bench but he used to be a starter when he was in Philly. It's not like he went from being a "poor playing" benchwarmer to MVP in one season. He's always been good. He's been around for a while.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
kekakuz:
he's a bini boy
Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by free37: 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
Nice.
Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by Bollinger(m): 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
Skywalker5:
i like the term Nigerian-American.

There is no such term. It's either you are African American, latino american, chinese american or simply African. Fill out any application form and that's what you'll see.
Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by Arosa(m): 5:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
martineverest:
The last time i check 'iguodala' is a n edo name

Indeed it is! cool
Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by ekiloui(f): 5:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
kekakuz:

Edo boy u mean...u need to modify ur previous post
Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by EmekaBlue(m): 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
Nice...
Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by RaeMystix: 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Obviously you guys don't watch basketball. Yes he sat on the bench but he used to be a starter when he was in Philly. It's not like he went from being a "poor playing" benchwarmer to MVP in one season. He's always been good. He's been around for a while.

"Obviously you guys don't watch basketball "......To whom are you referring to?...Plus dude..Go back and read my comment; Make sure you fully understand what the term "in one season" means.
Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by Ikbobby(m): 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
Stop This Bullshit!! Igoudala is not a Nigerian please!
Re: Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP by Ese00(f): 10:12am On Jun 19, 2015
kekakuz:

you phurking morron
hahaha! Is that what you were told in your history books? Bini's from ile ife? No be only. Stop doping on elephant grass

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Local Boxer Knocks Out Opponent In Lagos (pics ,video) / Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp / Robert Lewandowski Wins Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.