Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,273 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

How To Grow Small Business & Business Ideas - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Grow Small Business & Business Ideas (1310 Views)

How To Start A Nylon Production Business + Business Plan / The FMITI With The Support Of The @worldbank Seek To Grow Small Businesses In N / 6 Keys to Success in Setting Up Your Small Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Grow Small Business & Business Ideas by Daniel2032(m): 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
I'm Daniel by name, I'm a web designer, social media marketer and Business researcher.
Over my 5years of researching experience I would love to share some tips on how you can grow a small business to a top level.
As we all know there are lot of advantage having your personal business, most especially in Nigeria where jobs are hard to get with low salary.
I won't go into details on advantage having your personal business so let get started.
There are a lot of business out there to start small and grow big, some required good amount of start up capital while some small start capital and even none start up capital. At this point I believe you have chosen your business.

Know how to grow your business, practise below ideas

1) Price
Price is the most important part to look at, in a new business. You have to understand that the clients/customers you are looking for has already own people they buy from, and it won't be that easy to convert them, so first make your price affordable, for example you and your competitor buy product at N460 and your competitor is offering he's for N500 why not give out yours for N480 and make N20 profit only out of it instead of selling it at the same rate with you competitor who has customers already, believe me here in nigeria no body like wasting even N5 for nothing, people will because of that N20 to come to you and even refer others to you, imagine 2,000 people order from you in a month, that is 20 x 2,000 =40,000 you see you can still make good profit with your low price.

(EXAMPLE 2 of low price)

Now imagine you barber your hair for N350 at a local salon, and now I open a new barber salon around your area, my new salon has air conditional (AC), well design and good looking shape, any time you came to barb I welcome you with a bottle of cold Malta Guinness drink for free to step down before barbering begins, that is to appreciate your coming to my salon, and I'm charging just N300 for barbering, now tell me when next you want to barb where will you go? The empty N350 salon or mine of N300? You see, so now let's do my profit calculation.
Let say I bought 10 litter of fuel for N1000 and barb 30 persons hair per day at rate of N300 each, now N300 x 30 = N9,000, I also bought them malta guinness drink at rate of N90 at wholesale, that will be N90 x 30 = N2700. Now all my expensis are N3700, now remove the expensis from the total amount N3700 - N9,000 = N5300 you see I made N5300 and I will be growing day after day as more clients come.
The problem with many small business is their price, it doesn't mater how much you invest in your business at the begin it called a small new business because it just started.
Don't look at the amount you spent in your business to increase you service/product price, or at the end you will end up blaming devil.

2) Manners
As a business researcher i came to understand that with just one customer thousands of customer can come, and with still just 1 customers thousands of existing customers can also go away from you, don't blame it on any one when this happen, your manners to your customers matters a lot, it doesn't matter how much product that customer is ordering.
There is a saying that your customers are always right, yes it true they are.
Always treat them like prince and princess and they will love your business like no others.
Just recently I walk into a shop and ask for a padlock key, the lady there ask me how much key I wanted to buy? And I told her N100 key to luck a bag, the next thing I heard was I can't stand up just because of N100 key oh bros.

Hmm, this is not funny, because at that point she make me to know new person who is also selling keys, who treated and respect me as a customer, if next I wanted to buy huge amount of keys or companies is looking for where to buy keys where did you think I will refer them?
Now you know lack of manners to your customers can ruin you business.

Thank you for reading, every thing in this thread was type by me from my experience, In my next post I will show you how to gain customers/clients to your new business.
Keep following this thread I will also share with you guys how to start a business without a kobo and make up 50k a month

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Small Business & Business Ideas by oluwadanie1(m): 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
Following...
Re: How To Grow Small Business & Business Ideas by AirstarKane(f): 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
Thanks I really appreciate it. Hope you don't mind, you can add me on 08033001429 on whatsapp. Really need someone to talk to on growing business 10ks.
Re: How To Grow Small Business & Business Ideas by debbydee(f): 10:46am On Jul 10, 2015
interesting i am following you bumper to bumper.

abeg if you have wats app group kindly add me 08185391880.
Re: How To Grow Small Business & Business Ideas by mrsolutionm(m): 9:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
Nice

(1) (Reply)

$200 In Two Month On Fiverr- Now $2000 in 7 month / CBN Officially Bans Foreign Currency Cash Deposits In Nigeria / Become Cutty And Kay Jewelers VIP Member And Make Huge Profit. Learn More Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.