Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,401 members, 7,826,562 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Bone-faced Liar - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bone-faced Liar (980 Views)

MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. / What Were The Hurdles And Challenges You Faced Before Getting Married?!!!!!!!!!! / Have You Ever Being Faced With Challenges You Cant Share With Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bone-faced Liar by kokoye(m): 3:27pm On Feb 24, 2009
I have this dear friend who lies so much both he and his wife believe the lies. Now he's mad at me for "not being there" for him when needed - he called me at work to go help him check on his family cos he had to dash outta town and he's been calling them without any reponse. I was at work and had to go pick up my son so I couldnt drive like 17miles to his house and be back in time. So now he says I dont care about him.

The problem is he's done it b4 - last yr, he called me and said I should go help him pay his speed ticket cos he was out of town and had forgotten the stuff was due on that day. I saw him driving to work on that day!! so I just made up an excuse and he said he'll find someone else to do it for him - the truth his I dont even think he had a speed ticket to pay. just one of his lies.

He lies about stupid stuff even in front of his wife and the pretty thing plays along, and I'm talking about lies not are not even necessary at all. This is a guy doing very well for himself. I guess his lies make him feel bigger than necessary (or he feels he's always in a competition) but to me, they are lies that do not make sense. like he knows all the naija governors intimately . . or his wife is the sultan's niece . . . or he discovered he had cross -eyes in a miami pilot school and that's why he cant fulful his dream - stupid lies like that, forgetting he's told you something completely different two yrs ago! He'll get you a gift and tell you he paid $500 for it (why bother to let you know if it is a gift) but still give you the receipt that shows $85?? endless lies to everyone around him!

Now I wondering if I should let him know I simply dont believe anything that he says even if theyre true so he doesnt keep feeling i aint there for him in times of need . . . but I just dont want to blow his bubble, cos the lies might actually have been what's been keeping him alive till now! I also dont want to jeopardise our friendship, cos he has a good heart. You know what our elders say - a bad child has his good days.

Should I let him know about his endless lies to the entire world, or just keep on turning deaf ears. and in case I should let him know, how do I go about it?
Re: Bone-faced Liar by Treetop20(m): 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2009
Bruv, he is your friend and friends should call each other
on their bullsh*t! let him know that you are tired of the lies
and he needs to stop going down the path he is going
i reckon he doesn't even know how to tell the "truth"
even if he tired. That's how bad i think it is
Re: Bone-faced Liar by kokoye(m): 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2009
Thanks my brother.

Even if he knows how to tell the truth, I dont know WHEN he's being sincere. I really wish I can tell his truth from the lies sad

You know why it's hard? he's almost 40!
Re: Bone-faced Liar by Hauwa1: 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2009
take him out to a smoothie joint not beer cheesy. a good banana and strawberry with vita cube in it relaxes the nerves. then after a few sips, tell him how you are feeling abt his not being truthful to you in a nice way. let him know you care so much abt your friendship and want him to be honest with you.
Re: Bone-faced Liar by Treetop20(m): 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2009
kokoye:

Thanks my brother.

Even if he knows how to tell the truth, I dont know WHEN he's being sincere. I really wish I can tell his truth from the lies sad

You know why it's hard? he's almost 40!

a fool at 40 is a fool forever
yeah the friendship i would say is damaged at this point
because you cannot even trust him because he may or maynot
be telling the "truth" even when he says he is
Re: Bone-faced Liar by Busybody2(f): 5:13pm On Feb 24, 2009
Why can't you just gradually wean him off you and then cut him off undecided
Re: Bone-faced Liar by kokoye(m): 5:25pm On Feb 24, 2009
Honestly, I do not want to.

Like I mentioned earlier, he has a good heart. How do I put this? you know like when you have to pass through a hood . . like lagos island and you scared but then there's a friend that can walk with you and you wont be scared cos he's cool with all the thugs there?? yea, that kinda friend. He'll also get you the hook-ups you need, whether good or bad. He can get what you need by hook or crook.

Thugs / area boys are bad but they also have good purposes.
Re: Bone-faced Liar by Busybody2(f): 5:34pm On Feb 24, 2009
kokoye:

Honestly, I do not want to.

Like I mentioned earlier, he has a good heart. How do I put this? you know like when you have to pass through a hood . . like lagos island and you scared but then there's a friend that can walk with you and you wont be scared cos he's cool with all the thugs there?? yea, that kinda friend. He'll also get you the hook-ups you need, whether good or bad. He can get what you need by hook or crook.

Thugs / area boys are bad but they also have good purposes.

Well then, since he is a friend-with-benefit, you just have to take the bitter with the sweet, abi grin grin grin

I have friends like that too, but their need to lie every minute, don't bother me one bit wink
Re: Bone-faced Liar by kokoye(m): 5:46pm On Feb 24, 2009
I feel you.

The only reason I brought this up is when he asks me for a favor and I politely turn him down cos I think he's lying (like he's done b4 several times), he starts going on about how i'm a fair-weather friend.
Re: Bone-faced Liar by Hauwa1: 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2009
since you want to keep the friendship, talk to him. you will have to lie too to turn him down you know, aha! the circle continua wink
Re: Bone-faced Liar by kokoye(m): 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2009
trudat smiley
Re: Bone-faced Liar by Fhemmmy: 8:20pm On Feb 24, 2009
I really question your friendship with the guy, hope you are not jealous or that you wanna use system take his wife?
1. If you so much care for him and you know what he is doing is so wrong, you dont sound like a type that need the world wide web's advice to know what is wrong from right and you woul dhave been to tell him str8 up.

2. you comment of "the pretty thing" shows some signs.

However, talk to him and tell him u love him, but hate his lies, but dont play pranks with "the pretty thing"
Re: Bone-faced Liar by collins2: 11:53am On Feb 25, 2009
i agree with the last writer

(1) (Reply)

Does Engagement Party Alone Make Sense? / o / She got Intimate With Someone She Met At A Bar. (Her Boyfriend Needs Advise)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.