Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date (3558 Views)

Tecno Camon C7 Official Specs, Photos And Discussion Thread / TECNO Camon C9 Has Been Finally LEAKED!!! (PHOTOS) / Apple Iphone 7 In Pictures: Renders And Leaked Photos Gallery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2015

Update on 18th June 2015 at 7:53pm

There is a new development. New sources have confirmed that Blackberry is indeed working on an Android Smartphone but The android smartphone is not going to Blackberry Venice. Instead , the smartphone will be called "Blackberry Prague". According to N4bb ,

The “Prague” is said to be an upcoming low-end, all-touch device, which will be similar in form-factor to the Z3. Though, we have yet to confirm if the device codenamed “Prague” is the low-end Android-powered BlackBerry currently in testing."

BlackBerry “Prague” is expected to release in August 2015, a few months ahead of the BlackBerry “Venice” Slider, but this may be subject to change."

Initial Article

In the last few days , Blackberry has been in the News for allegedly working on an android smarphone. Although the company has debunked all claims , reaffirming their commitment towards improving BlackBerry 10 operating system , recent leaks have all but confirmed the authenticity of these rumors. Here's all we know so far :

On Tuesday , Russian blogger Eldar Murtazin added fuel to the rumor which was earlier refuted by blackberry. Murtazin posted a tweet on Twitter , suggesting that Blackberry and Samsung may be working Hand-in-Hand to launch an Android Smartphone. According to him , "Samsung + BlackBerry = Android Smartphone with Lollipop + BB services"

24 hours later , a blackberry developer posted photo of a blackberry device running Android Lollipop Os.

The above photo is a blackberry passport Running Android Os. The device has a model name – SQW-ANDS - with the last 4 digits suggesting Android Os.

Today , the story has changed. Reports coming from N4BB reveals that the Blackberry-Android smartphone could be no other than Blackberry Slider(also known as Blackberry Venice). We can recall that Blackberry slider was first unveiled at CES 2015 and is expected to be available later this year.

BlackBerry slider aka Venice could sport a 5.4-inch QHD (1440x2560 pixels) display, a 1.8GHz hexa-core 64-bit Snapdragon 808 SoC, 3GB of RAM, an 18-megapixel rear camera, and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.

•5.4-inch Quad-HD display

•1.8 GHz 64-bit Hexa-core (Snapdragon 808 chipset)

•3 GB RAM

•18 MP rear-camera

•5 MP front-facing camera

Blackberry Slider is expected to be released later this year. Hopefully in November.

Note : Nothing is 100% sure until officially confirmed by Blackberry .

http://androidnigeria.com.ng/blackberry-venice-leaks-rumors-and-release-date/

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by Tallesty1(m): 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by domopps(m): 8:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
Blackberry my device from onset!

Cheeeeeers
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by powerfulsettingz: 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hope is dobble sim?
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by Nobody: 1:18am On Jun 19, 2015
Black berry fall my hand when they make BBM for android and i phone
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by iswearinowell(m): 3:33am On Jun 19, 2015
i want to officially welcome myself to dis forum.... And dis being my first comment, i would lyk to greet every1 of d pple here b4 me.... I promise to be a real "bone to the neck". Tanx 4 reading

#FROST
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by momentum85(m): 5:17am On Jun 19, 2015
If e no be BlackBerry e no fit be like BlackBerry. But BB10 subscription is expensive, imagine I subscribe #1500 for 500mb but it doesn't carry me upto 2weeks. Pls is there a better option?
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by modskiller(m): 5:46am On Jun 19, 2015
[size=15pt]I still love the blackberry as it is especially the BlackBerry 9810 Torch 2[/size]
It is the strongest blackberry ever, click like if you agree.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by stinggy(m): 8:09am On Jun 19, 2015
Note : Nothing is 100% sure until officially confirmed by Blackberry.

sad Thought Blackberry has confirmed sad

Lovely device, good specs. Must buy cool
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 19, 2015
stinggy:

sad Thought Blackberry has confirmed sad

Lovely device, good specs. Must buy cool

When? Where?
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by stinggy(m): 8:36am On Jun 19, 2015
Mrkelv:

When? Where?
I was registering my disappointment bro

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by Yhemit(m): 8:51am On Jun 19, 2015
momentum85:
If e no be BlackBerry e no fit be like BlackBerry. But BB10 subscription is expensive, imagine I subscribe #1500 for 500mb but it doesn't carry me upto 2weeks. Pls is there a better option?

Funny you bro..... why don't you use Glo sub, just 1k per-month.
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by corperscorner: 8:53am On Jun 19, 2015
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by corperscorner: 8:55am On Jun 19, 2015
modskiller:
[size=15pt]I still love the blackberry as it is especially the BlackBerry 9810 Torch 2[/size]
It is the strongest blackberry ever, click like if you agree.

[size=25pt]I strongly disagree............have you handled the BB Passport

That phone is a productive monster..........the phone's full battery can last up to 4days (moderate usage, i.e constant bbm chats, 10 phone calls/day and 15sms'/day) without charging.

I own one...........so I know what I am talking about.[/size]
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by momentum85(m): 9:28am On Jun 19, 2015
Yhemit:

Funny you bro..... why don't you use Glo sub, just 1k per-month.
MTN hs bn my main line since I ws born. My problem is carrying 2 phones along with me, I detest it. Thanks anyway
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by axiliborha(f): 9:43am On Jun 19, 2015
A very Nice piece of phone... still waiting for when I will have the phone that will make me talk to Jesus... Good morning NL
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by opblow(m): 10:34am On Jun 19, 2015
momentum85:
Try use glo...#1000, u get 3 Gb ( send Co month to 777)
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by thoollz: 11:48am On Jun 19, 2015
Wow
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
I just love bb i dnt knw y.

I cant wait to lay my hands on the above

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by modskiller(m): 12:09am On Jun 23, 2015
corperscorner:

That phone is a productive monster..........the phone's full battery can last up to 4days (moderate usage, i.e constant bbm chats, 10 phone calls/day and 15sms'/day) without charging.

drop your bb passport from a height of 12"ft make we see.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2016
kevinberry:
Black berry fall my hand when they make BBM for android and i phone
and also lumias .. Hehehe
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
My question is ... Will it support whatsapp?? .. All this shit are if it doesn't support whatsapp
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by tikkykay: 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2016
Dapsonemmanuel:
My question is ... Will it support whatsapp?? .. All this shit are if it doesn't support whatsapp

It sure will....cos it will have an android os not a BlackBerry os and am sure they wnt be stupid enough to waste money on this phone if it won't have all the andriod apps and games
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 8:22pm On Aug 30, 2016
tikkykay:

It sure will....cos it will have an android os not a BlackBerry os and am sure they wnt be stupid enough to waste money on this phone if it won't have all the andriod apps and games
.. Yeah .. They shouldn't be stupid
Re: Blackberry Venice - Rumors , Leaked Photos And Release Date by Bossmd: 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2016
corperscorner:

You will sell it very soon because WhatsApp and Facebook will no longer support BB OS.

(1) (Reply)

What Phone Can I Get With 22k? / Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! / How Can I Flash My Phone Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.