Stats: 3,167,278 members, 7,867,729 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:42 PM

I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike (883 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Inec Has Handed Over Original Result Sheets To Ameachi Says Wike. / S’court Ruling: Nobody Can Steal My Mandate, Says Wike / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn (2) (3) (4)

I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by lolaxavier(m): 5:35am On Jun 19, 2015
THE Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, has said that contrary to the claims by the immediate past administration that it left N7bn in the state coffers, he met an empty treasury.

Wike explained that the treasury where the monthly Federal Allocation accruing to the state was always kept had remained in debit as at May 29 when he (governor) took over the reins of governance in the state.

The governor made this remark on Thursday at the Government House in Port Harcourt during the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the state government and officials of Julius Berger and a Chinese Construction firm, CCECC, for the rehabilitation of 33 kilometres of township roads in the state capital.

He stated that from the brief he received from the state Accountant General after his inauguration, only one revenue account with Sterling Bank had some funds left by the immediate past administration.

Wike said, “I want to say on good authority that we did not meet any N7bn, as being speculated. The state’s FAAC account as at May 29 (2015) was in debit. That was the briefing I received from the Accountant-General.”

Signing the MoU with the two construction giants, Wike explained that the step was to realise his administration zero potholes programme launched on May 29, 2015.

According to the governor, while Julius Berger is to handle the rehabilitation of 11 kilometres of township roads alongside street lights and traffic lights, the CCECC will handle 20 kilometres of township roads in Port Harcourt.

He explained that the state government had resolved to work with the construction giants to rebuild road infrastructure in the state capital. He added that the revival of facilities in the state capital was beyond political consideration.

Wike noted that the funds for the ‘Operation Zero Potholes’ had been set aside, hence the signing of the MoU to ensure that the companies concluded work in 120 days.

He, however, promised to personally monitor the execution of the projects by the construction giants.

Wike explained that his administration had resolved to take the N10bn loan with specific focus on key projects to be implemented, noting that the request to the state House of Assembly was accompanied by all the projects to be executed.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-met-an-empty-treasury-says-wike/

Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by donholy28(m): 5:44am On Jun 19, 2015
amaechi don loot d whole money
Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 19, 2015
so how was left there
Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by dejavski(m): 5:58am On Jun 19, 2015
Lol @ empty treasury... but why has this become a landmark for our so called politicians. They always give their successors reason to complain. angry
Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by Ilekeh(f): 6:02am On Jun 19, 2015
This ngga is like Fayose....... they focus on attacking opposition, rather than facing what they were elected to do. Are you a governor or are you serving a cold meal?

Female dogs got more back bone than these negros.

Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by lolaxavier(m): 6:04am On Jun 19, 2015
I refuse to be deceived. Something doesn't sound right about this man's story.

Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by jascon1(m): 6:04am On Jun 19, 2015
Stop making a noise Wike n put words into action. The more ppl talk the less they act. You met an empty treasure, and how much are u wort?. From Ur personal account u can lend the government and start working. Or get loan from the bank. U r not the first governor to resume duty without cash. U have tarnished Amaechi enuff. So start working so Ur successor won't do same to u.

In fact, there's nothing u can do to Amaechi now, so focus on how to improvise to achieve success

Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by oluwafemi113(m): 6:10am On Jun 19, 2015
This Wike guy self

E get as e be oooooo

Can someone Pls advice this guy to face the work he's been elected for and stop all this politics game blame.......

Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by Tattooboy: 6:13am On Jun 19, 2015
dejavski:
Lol @ empty treasury... but why has this become a landmark for our so called politicians. They always give their successors reason to complain. angry
biko help us ask GEJ o
Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by kliq(m): 6:18am On Jun 19, 2015
This man talks too much undecided must be as clueless.... embarassed

Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 19, 2015
shout up mr governor and do the work

WHAT OF THE 7BILLION YOU MET ? WHAT OF THE ONE FG TRANSFERRED TO RIVERS STATE ACCOUNT LATE LAST MONTH

Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by dejavski(m): 6:31am On Jun 19, 2015
Tattooboy:
biko help us ask GEJ o

Is the federation account empty Cos PMB hasn't made any complaints
Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by lolaxavier(m): 6:34am On Jun 19, 2015
Rather than barking, why can't he come out with evidence? Let him print the bank statement till Amaechi's last date of handover. Don't come here and start saying rubbish. Maybe he's considering looting what Amaechi left there.

Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by dayo23(f): 6:38am On Jun 19, 2015
lolaxavier:
THE Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, has said that contrary to the claims by the immediate past administration that it left N7bn in the state coffers, he met an empty treasury.

Wike explained that the treasury where the monthly Federal Allocation accruing to the state was always kept had remained in debit as at May 29 when he (governor) took over the reins of governance in the state.

The governor made this remark on Thursday at the Government House in Port Harcourt during the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the state government and officials of Julius Berger and a Chinese Construction firm, CCECC, for the rehabilitation of 33 kilometres of township roads in the state capital.

He stated that from the brief he received from the state Accountant General after his inauguration, only one revenue account with Sterling Bank had some funds left by the immediate past administration.

Wike said, “I want to say on good authority that we did not meet any N7bn, as being speculated. The state’s FAAC account as at May 29 (2015) was in debit. That was the briefing I received from the Accountant-General.”

Signing the MoU with the two construction giants, Wike explained that the step was to realise his administration zero potholes programme launched on May 29, 2015.

According to the governor, while Julius Berger is to handle the rehabilitation of 11 kilometres of township roads alongside street lights and traffic lights, the CCECC will handle 20 kilometres of township roads in Port Harcourt.

He explained that the state government had resolved to work with the construction giants to rebuild road infrastructure in the state capital. He added that the revival of facilities in the state capital was beyond political consideration.

Wike noted that the funds for the ‘Operation Zero Potholes’ had been set aside, hence the signing of the MoU to ensure that the companies concluded work in 120 days.

He, however, promised to personally monitor the execution of the projects by the construction giants.

Wike explained that his administration had resolved to take the N10bn loan with specific focus on key projects to be implemented, noting that the request to the state House of Assembly was accompanied by all the projects to be executed.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-met-an-empty-treasury-says-wike/
then go street and hussle money, idi0t talkative

Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by Demmzy15(m): 7:26am On Jun 19, 2015
When you were doing this, why won't you meet empty pocket money?!?

Re: I Met An Empty Treasury, Says Wike by lolaxavier(m): 8:35am On Jun 19, 2015
Demmzy15:
When you were doing this, why won't you meet empty pocket money?!?

Very funny

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Finally Vindicated / Oil Workers Embark On Indefinite Strike / Nigerian Man Has The Strongest Teeth; Lifts 150kg Iron With His Teeth (PHOTO)