Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Telcos Virtual Airtime Top Up (vtu) Platforms Packs Up - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Telcos Virtual Airtime Top Up (vtu) Platforms Packs Up (416 Views)

Gov’t Partners Telcos, Facebook & Google To Stop Sharing Of Capt. Mahama Videos / Why The BOCA4 Apps Puts The Telcos To Shame. / 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Telcos Virtual Airtime Top Up (vtu) Platforms Packs Up by holartunday(m): 5:44am On Jun 19, 2015
The VTU servers and platforms of the four Nigerian Telcos are currently experiencing high failure rates occasioned by the introduction of quick airtime top up services by over 10 Nigerian major banks.

Since the banks launched various USSD top up services such as *737*amount#; *701*amount#; *770*amount#; *901*amount# etc., which enables 24/7 purchase of airtime via subscribers registered phones, it has become apparent that the telecommunication companies are struggling to keep up with the pace of innovation due to incessant failures of their systems. From virtually insignificant number of VTU transactions monthly in 2014, monthly VTU transactions are now in tens of millions, with alarming failure rates of over 40%, I have to try at least 3 times to get success once. Sometimes my account is even debited and I don't get airtime because the bank tell me the Telco is yet to respond. This high failure rate has resulted in subscriber dissatisfaction, as the service has become increasingly epileptic as more banks offer this service. Telcos also appear not to have their respective management’s support or technical know how to upgrade their servers to meet increasing subscriber traffic.

The situation is further compounded by the fact that physical airtime distributors of the dominant Telco are putting pressure on it not to upgrade its infrastructure so as to discourage the use of the channel by subscribers. This Telco which also accounts for the highest failure rate, recently introduced new charges to subscribers for using the channel, whether they successfully purchased airtime or not. Is this not insult upon injury? I can't imagine my self returning to scratch cards. Two of my banks have launched this service but one cannot even back up the other because the results are the same when the Telco servers are down.

What is your opinion, are Telcos stifling innovation and customer convenience?
Re: Telcos Virtual Airtime Top Up (vtu) Platforms Packs Up by bigtt76(f): 6:44am On Jun 19, 2015
Please name the teleco and stop protecting them while at the same time complaining about poor service angry

(1) (Reply)

Lol. Mercy Johnson Goes Nuts On Set Of New Movie (photos) / Bvn Issue Help / Landmark Achievements Of President Buhari In His First 30 Days!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.