Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Wike - I Met An Empty Treasury - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike - I Met An Empty Treasury (369 Views)

Wike: "I Will Release Video Of Police Commissioner Plotting To Rig Elections" / Eberechi Suzzette Wike: "I Belong To The Kitchen, I Also Belong To Court Room" / Wike: 'I Wont Go Down Alone, If I Go Down Everyone Goes Down With Me' - Herald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike - I Met An Empty Treasury by kipesco(m): 6:35am On Jun 19, 2015
THE Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, has said that contrary to the claims by the immediate past administration that it left N7bn in the state coffers, he met an empty treasury.

Wike explained that the treasury where the monthly Federal Allocation accruing to the state was always kept had remained in debit as at May 29 when he (governor) took over the reins of governance in the state.

The governor made this remark on Thursday at the Government House in Port Harcourt during the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the state government and officials of Julius Berger and a Chinese Construction firm, CCECC, for the rehabilitation of 33 kilometres of township roads in the state capital.

He stated that from the brief he received from the state Accountant General after his inauguration, only one revenue account with Sterling Bank had some funds left by the immediate past administration.

Wike said, “I want to say on good authority that we did not meet any N7bn, as being speculated. The state’s FAAC account as at May 29 (2015) was in debit. That was the briefing I received from the Accountant-General.”

Signing the MoU with the two construction giants, Wike explained that the step was to realise his administration zero potholes programme launched on May 29, 2015.

According to the governor, while Julius Berger is to handle the rehabilitation of 11 kilometres of township roads alongside street lights and traffic lights, the CCECC will handle 20 kilometres of township roads in Port Harcourt.

He explained that the state government had resolved to work with the construction giants to rebuild road infrastructure in the state capital. He added that the revival of facilities in the state capital was beyond political consideration.

Wike noted that the funds for the ‘Operation Zero Potholes’ had been set aside, hence the signing of the MoU to ensure that the companies concluded work in 120 days.

He, however, promised to personally monitor the execution of the projects by the construction giants.

Wike explained that his administration had resolved to take the N10bn loan with specific focus on key projects to be implemented, noting that the request to the state House of Assembly was accompanied by all the projects to be executed.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/i-met-an-empty-treasury-says-wike/
Re: Wike - I Met An Empty Treasury by Alexisu: 6:39am On Jun 19, 2015
Are you sure? Wike.
Re: Wike - I Met An Empty Treasury by volterra(m): 6:49am On Jun 19, 2015
I can't believe u Wike.
Re: Wike - I Met An Empty Treasury by ojun50(m): 6:55am On Jun 19, 2015
fiil it young man
Re: Wike - I Met An Empty Treasury by mascot87(m): 6:56am On Jun 19, 2015
Wike is a fool & keeps making noise since he got to office. More like a new born baby crying to the mother to give him/her breast milk. Bastard governor
Re: Wike - I Met An Empty Treasury by amanze15(m): 6:57am On Jun 19, 2015
Wike face your work o grin
Re: Wike - I Met An Empty Treasury by Demmzy15(m): 7:08am On Jun 19, 2015
Maybe he was doing this when the account was presented to him! grin grin

Re: Wike - I Met An Empty Treasury by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 19, 2015
Wike has suddenly forgotten he is a past minister that can also be probed at the federal level

This idi ot being manipulated by Mama piss has something in common with anther idi ot in Ekiti
Re: Wike - I Met An Empty Treasury by funlord(m): 8:53am On Jun 19, 2015
grin Empty? Then he can resign na! Abi the work na by force? "Condemned goat"!

(1) (Reply)

Governor Of Bauchi Recovers 22 Vehicles From Yuguda`s Wives / 4 Nigerian Refineries To Commence Operations Next Month / At Last, President Buhari Moves Into Presidential Villa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.