Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,115 members, 7,860,029 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

Please Christians In The House Explain This ?jesus Was Sent To Isreal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Christians In The House Explain This ?jesus Was Sent To Isreal (613 Views)

Joshua Iginla Baptises His Mother At River Jordan Where Jesus Was Baptised(p / Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Christians In The House Explain This ?jesus Was Sent To Isreal by Bigbang2013(m): 9:59am On Jun 19, 2015
Matthew 15:21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Re: Please Christians In The House Explain This ?jesus Was Sent To Isreal by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 19, 2015
Bigbang2013:
Matthew 15:21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
israel as a people not as a nation
Re: Please Christians In The House Explain This ?jesus Was Sent To Isreal by johnydon22(m): 10:10am On Jun 19, 2015
kallmemrB:
israel as a people not as a nation

and you are part of this people?
Re: Please Christians In The House Explain This ?jesus Was Sent To Isreal by Bigbang2013(m): 10:18am On Jun 19, 2015
john 3:16 nko
Re: Please Christians In The House Explain This ?jesus Was Sent To Isreal by MightySparrow: 6:57am On Jun 20, 2015
His first coming was strictly for the children of Israel. He came to fulfil the Law rather to end the covenant with Israel and establish a Universal covenant. The establishment came only after His death and the church started on the day of Pentecost
Re: Please Christians In The House Explain This ?jesus Was Sent To Isreal by mustymatic(m): 8:06am On Jun 20, 2015
Ifeann pls explain it to them
Re: Please Christians In The House Explain This ?jesus Was Sent To Isreal by malvisguy212: 8:19am On Jun 20, 2015
Bigbang2013:
Genesis 12:2-3
And I will make you a great nation,
And I will bless you, And make your
name great; And so you shall be a
blessing; And I will bless those who
bless you, And the one who curses
you I will curse. And in you ALL THE
FAMILIES OF THE EARTH WILL BE
BLESSED."

God chose Abraham to be a blessing to All people and Isreal is the first born of God people, and God chose them to be his own inheritance in Psalm 33:12) :
Psalm 33:12
Blessed is the nation whose God is
the LORD, The people whom He has
chosen for His own inheritance.

It was through the Jews God used to reach out to the rest of the world through the new testament church

Acts 1:8
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ENDS OF THE EARTH.”

And to the passage you quote that is confusing you, Jesus healed the woman, the passage was talking about faith, persistence and boldness.
Re: Please Christians In The House Explain This ?jesus Was Sent To Isreal by Scholar8200(m): 8:23am On Jun 20, 2015
Genesis 22:18 was God's promise to Abraham:

18 And[b] in your Seed [[e]Christ] shall all the nations of the earth be blessed[/b] and [by Him] bless themselves, because you have heard and obeyed My voice.

The Old and New Covenants were based on this framework. Christ came for all but the Israelites, being the biological descendants of Abraham had the first benefit.

After all before the Op (which is just a lesson in importunity) this had taken place:

Matthew 4:24,25

24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them. 25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judæa, and from beyond Jordan

and when some of the biological descendants were sceptical, this was the warning

Matthew 8:10,11

10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

County Clerk Resigns Instead Of Issuing Gay Marriage Licenses / Hello, Nairalander / When You Know That You've Not Been Faithful To God And He Still Blesses You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.