Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. (43165 Views)

Interesting Facts About Ibadan / Things You Might Not Know About Ibadan City / 15 Common Misconceptions About Yoruba People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by Twistaray(m): 11:32am On Jun 20, 2015
steppin:

Kai! The sorry excuses you guys give sometimes, gives me the jitters!
We don't have enough land and that's why we build 4 to 5 stories?
Where did you get that idea from? I guess you can say the same for places like New york with skyscrappers.
Ibadan has brown roofs cos yorubas depend on govt heavily. Most of them are civil servants.
How many civil servants can come up with 35-40 million to build a 4-5 story building?
All the 4 to 5 stories in the east are built by individuals. Business men mostly.
Yorubas take 2nd in poverty rate after the abokiis.
So, spare me that bullshit about having a vast area of land.

At the bolded.(1) Isn't it true? What the size of tiny anambra compare to ibandan?

At the bolded (2) can you back up your claim with facts and quit the usual SE ,aba made assumption already?
Waiting to burst some bubbles this morning as usual grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by nkemdi89(f): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
eleshin:

You know you just lied? As at 2013 that I finished my service two of my friends got theirs at 250k nd 270k respectively in Mokola. How can you say 3bedroom in IB is 60k?
Lol Little humour bro, but that was the price as of 2007. Can't say of now.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by nkemdi89(f): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
LOUIS6:

For real.....?

Pls do you stay @ IBADAN?
On transit .

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by 2dillu2(m): 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
jaymichael:
Ibadan, ile baba mi. #proudlySW
I love yoruba and I want to learn your language

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by adeleye83(m): 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
You igbos. Why do you hate Yoruba people a lot? This is the Capital city of all western Nigerian state. We had the firsts of any pioneer establishments you can name. You guys are learning. like we don't move out to other cities right? The East is rubbish compared to Ibadan. If your place is conducive for you why do almost every Igbo wanna leave the east to lime-light. Business moves better in Lagos And Ibadan than any other place in the country. My Igbo friends as attested to that so don't argue about this. I have an European wife she's been to several Nigerian cities And Love Ibadan better than even Lagos. There must be something unique about the city. Ibadan is the definition of a transformed city. You can see a part with Old settlements And the other a colonial And modern part. The modern part of Ibadan is far far far better than any Eastern city sentiments apart. Ibadan got an history to protect it's an Ancient city. Get that to your brain. Have you ever had a glimpse of what an Ancient city ruin looks like? Then visit Ibadan And see reasons why European archaeologist regularly visit Oyo state. I read a comment saying houses, transportation And food are cheap in Ibadan. My question is should does be an expensive thing? This things are the cheapest in any modest society. One make life easier for indigenes And Ibadan visitors And you don't appreciate other than to hate? Think o. There is a saying And I think its because of Iwa Omo luabi of all Yorubas that as reflected in the saying "Ibadan to Gbonile to Gba Alejo". Try get the meaning. And mind you I am not from Ibadan. But I have lived there And so proud of the only city in Nigeria Where any tribe can become king. Foreigners started Ibadan as a Military Cantonment to protect the Oyo Empire And Yoruba Race... so Either you're Igbo or Hausa or Ijaw. It's a inter tribal community Where everyone is free. Make time to ask your Igbo high chiefs who are heir to the throne of Olubadan. Some of your Igbo Uncles are ranked to the throne.. It is a city for everyone. So many things you got to know about Ibadan. The city of Ogunmola, Latosha, Iba Oluyole. The city that fought for all Yoruba territory's peace. The Lagos you enjoy today was through the efforts of Ibadan war lords... Yes we are local And proud to have produced the best brains for the Igbos And other Ethnicity out of our locality.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by zopaks: 6:59am On Sep 06, 2015
Enjoyed this thread though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tear Gas Fired At Ooni Of Ife During Sowore's Visit (PHOTOS) / Nigeria Most Influential Monarch / Alaafin Of Oyo Younger Wife, Ajoke Slays In Arabian Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.