Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Piloting Career. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Piloting Career. (545 Views)

Gender Equality My Ass- Will You Enter A Plane Piloting By A Female? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Piloting Career. by uyplus(m): 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
Please I'm seeking for advice on pursuing a piloting career. I am 29yrs old, and i hold a degree in pharmacy. I have had an age long ambition to become a pilot but I everyone I share this dream with often seem to discourage me about the job prospects and all the politics involved in landing a commercial pilot job after. I am financially fit to sponsor myself for piloting school but I'm worried that after spending over $50k for training, I might not land a job quickly due to low flying hours.

Notwithstanding, I met a pilot who is typed rated on a320 and he flies for first nation and he told me he knew nobody when he got his job and he has heard about pilots who returned from training schools abroad but are areall unable to find a piloting job yet.

Please i need your advices Wether to pursue my dream and live fulfilled or remain in my business and pursue an MBA after putting in 5+ years on my current job.
Re: Piloting Career. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
Piloting career in Nigeria is a no no there is no job for them.some of my friends that studied aviation in SA and returned to Nigeria are having serious issues.is better you stay back in whatever country you want to kick-off your aviation career.A friend wants to move to another country to practice.all the best
Re: Piloting Career. by uyplus(m): 8:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
Preciousstones:
Piloting career in Nigeria is a no no there is no job for them.some of my friends that studied aviation in SA and returned to Nigeria are having serious issues.is better you stay back in whatever country you want to kick-off your aviation career.A friend wants to move to another country to practice.all the best

Thanks for the info.

(1) (Reply)

South African Embassy / Solo Female Traveling To Ghana / Help With India Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.