Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

The Sciences Discussion Thread. - Science/Technology (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Sciences Discussion Thread. (68995 Views)

Universe Or Multiverse. (A Discussion) / Who Has Seen Smartbird? Discussion Thread For Novel ways to fly. / Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 11:35am On Jul 03, 2015
johnydon22:
steam ain't harmful its not carbon(ii)oxidetongue
ok ok....i believe now, but that was after i read about geothermal energy here http://geothermania..com/2009/06/health-impact-of-geothermal-energy.html grin grin
still got a lot to learn brothers cheesy
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
RobinHez:

ok ok....i believe now, but that was after i read about geothermal energy here http://geothermania..com/2009/06/health-impact-of-geothermal-energy.html grin grin
still got a lot to learn brothers cheesy
tongue tongue
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
johnydon22:
Electro-hydrodynamics may achieve a lifting capability for the car but then again the amount of power needed for the energy needed to thrust the car upwards will be herculean. . . Working against a force of 10m/s we must provide at least a counter force of 11m/s then considering the weight. This option is totally unstable and power consuming not to talk of the inability for it to achieve levitation when the car is at rest (engine off) just like our model shows.
power . . . power . . .
It may be possible but yet still herculean and not to mention unstable and overly expensive. . . wouldn't bank on this option
I think the biggest problem in technology is power. Once the barrier is broken and high energy densities can be reached, the next level in human revolution will arise.[/quote]
[b]I agree with this being the best candidate here seeing that the vehicle will require a relatively small amount of jet power to achieve flight. . But then just like robinHez said it would pose a threat of carbon(iv)(ii) oxide emissions which is bad enough with the number of cars we have now.
yeah . . . we already solved that . . . using hydrogen as fuel, all we have to worry about it steam. Which I trust can be easily removed from the atmosphere by dehumidifiers mounted on drones which are attracted to high humidity areas. wink

I recommend electro-magnetic repulsion. .4 different magnetic fields of two distinct charges are placed side by side powered by a high voltage battery to create a high magnetic repulsive flux, the 4magnetic fields pulling on each other achieving levitation. . . again this falls on the backbone of how to achieve the large amount of power needed.
power again! You know, I think our next topic should be based on power. I will be waiting for your submissions.

And i think hybrid aircraft technology can be used too to achieve this.
{ A hybrid airship is an aircraft that combines characteristics of lighter-
than-air (LTA), airship technology with heavier-than-air (HTA)
technology, either fixed-wing or rotary-wing . A rotastat is a rotorcraft/
airship hybrid typically intended for heavy lift applications, while a
dynastat is a dynamic lift airship typically intended for long-range
cruising. No production designs have been built, but several manned and
unmanned prototypes have flown.
The term "hybrid airship" has also been used to describe an airship
combining elements of different types of airships.}
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_airship
[/b]
where do you find these amazing links? cheesy cheesy
Anyway, I have read it. And it's quite the interesting prospect, I must say. cheesy
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by kayceerilyn(f): 6:07am On Jul 04, 2015
Registering my presence. Good morning greatest Scientists..the Einsteins,Newtons,Faradays,and Mendels of our time..
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by XploraBen(m): 8:12am On Jul 04, 2015
kayceerilyn:
Registering my presence. Good morning greatest Scientists..the Einsteins,Newtons,Faradays,and Mendels of our time..
We are having a lady here for the first time,good! It's been the guys affair all along.

You're welcome.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 9:58am On Jul 04, 2015
Teempakguy:

*whispers*

it's not a fuelless gen. Oh no . . . what I have in mind is so much cooler. shocked shocked cool cool

hmmm....ok maybe its dis grin

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:

hmmm....ok maybe its dis grin
ehn!!! shocked shocked shocked
Wetin be dis? shocked

It can never fly and can never swim. Therefore, nothing amphibian here. grin

Johnydon22, see me see trouble oh. shocked
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 10:01am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:
Yeah the MODs don't help out scientific topics because 96% of nairalanders can make you fall of your chair when they post anything on a science topic, they seem to think science is another religion cheesy it really saddens me that a youth in a country like ours do not bother to read scientific materials or rejects it to uphold belief. . .anyway lets hope they will heed your call this time embarassed
uhm....why dont u apply to be a mod in dis section?
#just saying.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 10:09am On Jul 04, 2015
Teempakguy:
ehn!!! shocked shocked shocked Wetin be dis? shocked
It can never fly and can never swim. Therefore, nothing amphibian here. grin
Johnydon22, see me see trouble oh. shocked
Lol. .please what does the car do, just move like a normal car?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 10:12am On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:

uhm....why dont u apply to be a mod in dis section?
#just saying.
I didn't know one could do that tho, since you know how to why don't you or teempakguy apply you guys will do a great job…Nigerian youths seriously need help when it comes to scientific study
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:
Lol. .please what does the car do, just move like a normal car?
apparently, it can submerge and fly. Hence the term amphibian. embarassed
I feel ashamed for Nigerian engineers. embarassed
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2015
Teempakguy:
I would blame it on poor funding and lack of proper materials
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:
I didn't know one could do that tho, since you know how to why don't you or teempakguy apply you guys will do a great job…Nigerian youths seriously need help when it comes to scientific study
i had the idea, but i wont be dedicated...at least for now....
*about to enter school cry*

u just mail the supermods tell them abt urself and what section u want to moderate then give them a little snippet of why!

once u get the job, first thing to do is wipe out all those 'mtn 200GB' posts....so annoying.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 10:17am On Jul 04, 2015
Teempakguy:
the poor guy built it from scrap materials na...
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:
I want to. smiley
But that will have to wait till next year. As at the current moment, I am preoccupied with academic work. So many research papers to read. cheesy
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 10:21am On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:

i had the idea, but i wont be dedicated...at least for now....
*about to enter school cry*

u just mail the supermods tell them abt urself and what section u want to moderate then give them a little snippet of why!

once u get the job, first thing to do is wipe out all those 'mtn 200GB' posts....so annoying.
The science section sure needs help, how do i mail them supermods then?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:

he didn't have to. Concept design is a lot better than all this. angry
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:

Yeah, what matters is the idea. .the jet is poorly built due to lack of funding and materials. . we can applaud him for making something out scraps tho
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:
top right corner. cool

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:

Yeah, what matters is the idea. .the jet is poorly built due to lack of funding and materials. . we can applaud him for making something out scraps tho
yeah, saw it at abule-egba once, the car was able to move. and he showed us a video of it (in its early days) moving on water.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 10:26am On Jul 04, 2015
Teempakguy:
top right corner. cool
no, its the one on the homepage.....super mods
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 10:27am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:
goto the homepage, scroll down and u'll see a mail supermod link there.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:

exactly. What matters is the idea. Using a well designed software, such as AutoCAD or blender, he could have designed the whole thing and tested it on a computer. He would have been able to pay much attention to the aesthetics.
After doing that, he would have then uploaded the presentation and asked for funds. Even on kickstarter. Then, journeying to manufacturing companies, he would have procured the exact dimensions he needed. And wham! Thus whole thing would have turned out a lot better.
Robinhez, don't you agree nii?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 10:30am On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:

yeah, saw it at abule-egba once, the car was able to move. and he showed us a video of it (in its early days) moving on water.
He did a very commendable job if only our govt paid mind to scientific inventions and development. i bet we would be going toe to toe with many developed nation in the technological arena
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 10:32am On Jul 04, 2015
Teempakguy:
exactly. What matters is the idea. Using a well designed software, such as AutoCAD or blender, he could have designed the whole thing and tested it on a computer. He would have been able to pay much attention to the aesthetics.
After doing that, he would have then uploaded the presentation and asked for funds. Even on kickstarter. Then, journeying to manufacturing companies, he would have procured the exact dimensions he needed. And wham! Thus whole thing would have turned out a lot better.
Robinhez, don't you agree nii?
Totally efficient but not everyone knows that much you know
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:

no, its the one on the homepage.....super mods
sorry, well it is near the bottom of the homepage. smiley
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:

shocked shocked
He tried sha . . . commendable. cool cool

1 Like

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 10:35am On Jul 04, 2015
Teempakguy:
Robinh ez, don't you agree nii?
yeah...dats how its been done in developed worlds. embarassed
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 10:36am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:
exactly my point....
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:
RobinHez:

yeah...dats how its been done in developed worlds. embarassed
See? Nigerians are far behind in thinking. Well, most Nigerians. Nowadays, in advanced countries, most inventors don't even know how their inventions are manufactured. All they do is design and test on software. Nigerians are still thinking of Thomas Edison. grin grin
Nowadays, the whole bulb thingy would have been finished inside software. Just a few experiments to get base values, in fact, the bulbs we now use in our homes are designed on systems. No engineer gets their hands dirty anymore grin grin

If only they are ready to listen. embarassed there is so much they need to know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by kayceerilyn(f): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
XploraBen:
We are having a lady here for the first time,good! It's been the guys affair all along.

You're welcome.
thanks a lot bro
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2015
kayceerilyn:
thanks a lot bro
Feel free to hit us with your own questions and problems to be solved anytime. . ranging from mathematics, archeological history, physics, chem and astronomy. . .any scientifically inclined question is welcomed here… … I am happy to see women with interest in science especially in this country plagued by scientific ignorance amongst the youths

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply)

Scientists Successfully Reverse Human Ageing Process (Pics) / Escaped Lion Found In Kano Zoo After Devouring Goats In Their Cage / Rare Orange-Eyed Owl Not Seen For Almost 125 Years Is Spotted In Malaysia (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.