Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians (2210 Views)

Yorubas Have Now Abandoned Buhari & Calling For Their Son Osinbajo To Take Over / Angry Nigerians Blast Bayo Onanuga Over Insensitive Post / Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by OsilamaPN(m): 10:22am On Jun 20, 2015
Many Nigerian have raised concerns over President Muhammadu Buhari’s Ramadan message, where he referred to the Boko Haram militants as “brothers.”

During his message, he appealed to the perpetrators of violence and destruction in the name of Islam all over the world, to desist from tarnishing the name of the religion.

“As we make collective efforts to bring to a permanent end the menace of the Boko Haram in the Lake Chad basin countries, let me use this auspicious occasion to appeal to our misguided brothers to drop their arms, embrace peace and seek a better understanding of Islam during this Holy period and beyond,” he said.

Many Nigerian on social media, have opined that referring to Boko Haram, a notorious extremist sect, that has killed some 15, 000 Nigerians, injured and kidnapped thousands, and left millions displaced, as “our brothers” by President Buhari was very insensitive and a tad careless.

“A genocidal Islamic terrorist group that destroys churches, massacres Christians and takes hundreds of girls as sex slaves over the years cannot be referred to as “misguided,” Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, said.
“Muhammadu Buhari trades in a lot of Obamaesque chatter about building coalitions about Boko Haram, but the real coalition was always between Nigeria’s Muslim wannabe rulers and Boko Haram.

“Those misguided genocidal child raping brothers of Muhammadu.” Greenfield added.

Muhktar Dan’Iyan, popularly known as Mr Aye Dee, opined that President Buhari’s handlers must want his failure for them to allow the “brother” statement be released.

"President Buhari's handlers are setting him up for failure, why else would they allow him to refer to Boko Haram as his 'Brothers?'" he said.

Demola Olarewaju stated that Buhari calling Boko Haram “our brothers” was dangerous, as it would fuel Boko Haram sympathizers’ cause.

"Our friends, The #BokoHaramVuvuzelas Will soon be chanting: "Boko Haram are our brothers!" #SighBuhari," he tweeted.

Nigerians, who prior to the elections, had accused Buhari of being an Islamic fundamentalist, are saying that they have been vindicated.

Many Nigerians queried as to why there was surprise at the “brothers” statement as... READ MORE: http://www.post-nigeria.com/buhari-calling-boko-haram-our-brothers-just-insensitive-nigerians/
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 20, 2015
are they not his brothers, his children may be

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by FynBabe(f): 10:27am On Jun 20, 2015
I don't blame PMB if he refers to them as brothers because they are human and as a president, he must be careful with his choice of words.
Refering to them as brothers doesn't mean he supports what they do.
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by abtmaviz(m): 10:28am On Jun 20, 2015
What's there about FTC?

As we make collective efforts to bring to a permanent end the menace of the Boko Haram in the Lake Chad basin countries, let me use this auspicious occasion to appeal to our misguided brothers to drop their arms, embrace peace and seek a better understanding of Islam during this Holy period and beyond

What else do I need to justify this epileptic act of Dogo Yaro one begin to ask onself questions about why he deployed navy to the south south and leave the northern part alone, a place known for terrorizing her people and displacing scores.

Last bullet.. Think and face reality baba

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 20, 2015
Buhari=apc=boko haram=iraq=isis=alqueada=taliban=hezbollah=hamas=syria=iran=yemeni=alshabAab=chibok
D list is unending
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 20, 2015
"Brother"
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by ShowYourCertificate: 10:33am On Jun 20, 2015
Of course they are his brothers. Shekau is Buhari's foot soldier.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by OboloMAN: 10:33am On Jun 20, 2015
"Our Brothers"
BOKO HARAM BUHARI Brothers
Sai BabaOneChance
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2015
FynBabe:
I don't blame PMB if he refers to them as brothers because they are human and as a president, he must be careful with his choice of words.
Buh wen jonathan called dem "our children" u and ya people condemned him.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by lomprico(m): 10:38am On Jun 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

And who told u he was not condemned? Apc supporter nearly skinned him alive fir that statement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 20, 2015
lomprico:

And who told u he was not condemned? Apc supporter nearly skinned him alive fir that statement.
Screen shots pls!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by omenka(m): 10:43am On Jun 20, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Of course they are his brothers. Shekau is Buhari's foot soldier.
And Jonathan's siblings.

1 Share

Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by Melahou(m): 10:44am On Jun 20, 2015
Are they not humans
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by lomprico(m): 10:45am On Jun 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Screen shots pls!!!!!!
Which screen shots? Are u that lazy that u can research with ur phone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by chamboy(m): 10:45am On Jun 20, 2015
FynBabe:
don't mind d Op, GEJ did d same
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 20, 2015
lomprico:

Which screen shots? Are u that lazy that u can research with ur phone
Limited MB
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by chamboy(m): 10:48am On Jun 20, 2015
Op n Fans Lacks Leadership qualities
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by africanusvu(m): 10:50am On Jun 20, 2015
So,Finnaly,Buhari the dullard of daura have failled,Soo early?
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 20, 2015
They're neither our siblings nor our brothers, condemned what is not good for the good of Nigeria irrespective of your party affiliation.

omenka:
And Jonathan's siblings.
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by ShowYourCertificate: 10:52am On Jun 20, 2015
omenka:
And Jonathan's siblings.
So Buhari is no different from Jonathan? grin grin grin

I think not. Jonathan isn't a dullard from daura.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by OsilamaPN(m): 10:52am On Jun 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Thank you o. You know Buhari can do no wrong naw. He is a saint.
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by omenka(m): 10:53am On Jun 20, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
So Buhari is no different from Jonathan? grin grin grin

I think not. Jonathan isn't a dullard from daura.
Hmmm. Ok...
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:53am On Jun 20, 2015
omenka:
And Jonathan's siblings.
I need to save this picture for reference. I have been looking for it.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 20, 2015
OsilamaPN:

Thank you o. You know Buhari can do no wrong naw. He is a saint.
U be estako boi abi U be like agenebode pikin Ya moniker bro

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:56am On Jun 20, 2015
centje:
They're neither our siblings nor our brother, condemned what is not good for the good of Nigeria irrespective of your party affiliation.

Centje, longest time! Kedu? kiss
Boko haram are Nigerians so they our brothers.

Simple!

grin grin
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by OsilamaPN(m): 10:58am On Jun 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

U be estako boi abi
U be like agenebode pikin
Ya moniker bro

Etsako. Fugar.
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 20, 2015
Yes, as President he should be careful with his chioce of words and that's why he shouldn't have called Boko haram memebers brothers unless he has some other relationship with them. Moreover, boko haram recruits its members from different countries even outside Africa. They are terrorist and that's the right word to use when speaking as president.

FynBabe:
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 20, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Centje, longest time! Kedu? kiss Boko haram are Nigerians so they our brothers.
Simple!
grin grin
U no fit greet abi?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by OsilamaPN(m): 11:01am On Jun 20, 2015
omenka:
And Jonathan's siblings.

Shebi Buhari promised "change" Why is he now doing the same things as Jonathan?
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 20, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Centje, longest time! Kedu? kiss
Boko haram are Nigerians so they our brothers.

Simple!

grin grin
hey, sweetheart, I am at sambisa forest with our brothers. Why don't you give me a suprise visit, grin it's a very nice place with breathtaking view of greeny nature, I know you'll come kiss kiss cheesy
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:14am On Jun 20, 2015
centje:
hey, sweetheart, I am at sambisa forest with our brothers. Why don't you give me a suprise visit, grin it's a very nice place with breathtaking view of greeny nature, I know you'll come kiss kiss cheesy
If I am going to visit sambisa forest,it is to be with you my love. kiss

*packs her clothes and heads to sambisa forest to see her prince charming*

grin cheesy grin
Re: Buhari Calling Boko Haram “our Brothers”, Just Insensitive – Nigerians by andresia(m): 11:19am On Jun 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Limited MB

Why do you choose a low life filled with poverty?! just why?!

So you are too poor and cant afford decent internet data yet you are all over nl wanting GEJ to continue.

I pity for you o, I really pity for you

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNTH Enugu Doctors Suspend Strike,Honour Honourable Minister's Intervention / Photos: Mali Hotel Attack Ends Leaving 27 People Dead (graphic Photos) / Jihad; The Meaning, It Teachings And The Misconception.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.