Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,243 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Is "Registered Conveyance" Equivalent To C Of O? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is "Registered Conveyance" Equivalent To C Of O? (4099 Views)

4 Units 3 Bedroom Flat With Bq For Sale In Ib(title: Conveyance,pix,20million) / Full Plot Of Land For At Off Obawole Road 11.5m With Registered Conveyance Call / 2 And Half Plots Fenced And Closer To Major Road With Registered Conveyance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is "Registered Conveyance" Equivalent To C Of O? by PMIcon(m): 11:11am On Jun 20, 2015
I have a 50ft by 100ft land with few structures and a foundation on it at Ketu Lagos. The street is a calm one with a tarred road leading to and not far from Ikorodu Road.
The owner wants it sold for N16 million without room for negotiation.
My concern is that the document available is Registered Conveyance. Someone told me that is what was used before we started using C of O and that it may be more beneficial than C of O to the buyer. Is this true?
It got more confusing when Omonile Lawyer used "Deed of Assignment or Conveyance" in one of his posts. This could mean the Registered Conveyance is not equivalent to today's C/O since Deed of Assignment is not.

Both Omonile Lawyer and the man that gave me the information are experienced in property matters. Are they talking about the same or different documents? I don't want to mislead my clients o, please help me out here so others can learn.
You can send email to mailboominn@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Is "Registered Conveyance" Equivalent To C Of O? by mymadam(m): 11:25am On Jun 20, 2015
PMIcon:
... My concern is that the document available is Registered Conveyance. Someone told me that is what was used before we started using C of O and that it may be more beneficial than C of O to the buyer. Is this true?

It got more confusing when Omonile Lawyer used "Deed of Assignment or Conveyance" in one of his posts. This could mean the Registered Conveyance is not equivalent to today's C/O since Deed of Assignment is not.

Both Omonile Lawyer and the man that gave me the information are experienced in property matters. Are they talking about the same or different documents? I don't want to mislead my clients o, please help me out here so others can learn.
You can send email to mailboominn@gmail.com[color=#000099]...

1. Yes, Registered Conveyance - duly certified (stamped) and registered by the relevant authorities and signed by the parties - was for property before the advent of C of O.
2. More beneficial? Yes, in that the new C of O has the lifespan of a lease... possibly 99 years while the old conveyance could be passed on from generation to generation (infinity?)
3. Deed of Assignment? Yes, any landed property purchased should require a Deed of Assignment... prepared by a lawyer (with a seal) and signed by the parties, including their witnesses.

Please note that this info is based on my personal experience. You are strongly advised to seek FULL clarification from experts. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Is "Registered Conveyance" Equivalent To C Of O? by PMIcon(m): 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
mymadam:

1. Yes, Registered Conveyance - duly certified (stamped) and registered by the relevant authorities and signed by the parties - was for property before the advent of C of O.
2. More beneficial? Yes, in that the new C of O has the lifespan of a lease... possibly 99 years while the old conveyance could be passed on from generation to generation (infinity?)
3. Deed of Assignment? Yes, any landed property purchased should require a Deed of Assignment... prepared by a lawyer (with a seal) and signed by the parties, including their witnesses.

Please note that this info is based on my personal experience. You are strongly advised to seek FULL clarification from experts. Good luck.

Thanks a lot. But I've got my own madam so I can't mention your user name o.

1 Like

Re: Is "Registered Conveyance" Equivalent To C Of O? by PMIcon(m): 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2015
I'll appreciate more contribution please

(1) (Reply)

Lekki Sunrise Garden Lepia,Ibeju-Lekki(1.5M)Excision in progress.Video attached / Tiles,W.C,Doors,Sanitory Wares,Rubber Tiles, ETC Available! / BUY 1PLOT AND GET 1,500 blocks In Abuja, Ready to build With C Of O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.