Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,717 members, 7,834,369 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

BUHARI: The Celebrity President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BUHARI: The Celebrity President (855 Views)

General Buhari, The Man Of The Year / Donald Trump Proposes To A Celebrity And Talked About How He Wants To F**k Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUHARI: The Celebrity President by boluyongp(m): 11:33am On Jun 20, 2015
I am a staunch, unapologetic supporter of Nigeria's President, General Muhammadu Buhari. I look beyond tribal and religious lines in the interest of the nation. I've been with PMB since 2003 and have consistently campaigned and voted for him. As a former party member of the defunct CPC, the kind of joy that filled my heart to see him take the oath of office is unexplainable. Now, he is the President and Commander-In-Chief and a lot is on his shoulders. The kind of expectation that surrounded his emergence also cannot be over-emphasized. Many expected that on assuming office, he would take some decisive steps; even former UK Prime Minister, Tony Blair advised Mr. President to make some quick moves to reposition the nation. Nevertheless, at this time, it seems Nigerians have entered "One Chance", complaints here and there about PMB's epic slowness to make decision. Yes, Baba is slow in making necessary moves. I will not because of my love for Mr. President or my party allegiance not say the truth when it matters. All we've seen so far is PMB traveling from place-to-place and receiving myriad of visitors and more sickening, making his priceless VP literally redundant. Also, PMB since assumption of office have been touring the north and mingling with his purely northern clout, where are the Mamoras, Fayemis and Dabiris around him during the campaigns? Not once has PMB visited anywhere in the south since assuming office, a costly mistake GEJ made during his tenure such that it was too late for him to correct. I hope PMB is humble enough to learn. It appears Baba hasn't realized what he is into yet, we want a President that is proactive, involved and decisive, who will roll-up his sleeves and get his hands dirty. Enough of the talk, now you are there, get to work. If anyone wants to know what being proactive means, consult the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase. Even Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai has showed to be at a higher level in leadership delivery and proactiveness than PMB at the moment.

Furthermore, President Buhari's lack of interest in little salient issues is unwelcoming. Playing 'clean', dilly-dallying and side-stepping on issues is unexpected of a leader. A leader must not be afraid to be involved and must take a position on issues. Even former President GEJ as clueless as some people claimed he was was always involved in issues and no matter what, he took a stand but unfortunately, it mostly turned out to be the unpopular stance. The simple issue that recently rocked the APC leadership clearly shows that just as the PDP, the APC is equally as unprepared for their status as the ruling party. The President ought to be a mediator, the respected figure whose voice cannot be declined, for now, that's not what PMB has showed himself to be. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is the one playing his role on his behalf, voluntarily calling the APC house to order right under the watch of Mr. President. Such attitude indicates that PMB may be too careful not to step on people's toes, a factor that made Nigerians vote GEJ out of office in the first place. This also questions PMB's total commitment to tackle corruption headlong. As for those who still clamor for patience with Baba, well, I'm sorry to let you know patience has ran out. He's not the first President Nigeria would have nor the only President we'ld see in the world's history. Presidents have come and gone and we've seen Presidents in world history change the course of their nation within days, Late Lee Kuan Yew and Mandela are typical examples. The immediate past Uruguayan President, Jose Mujica is alive to help out and his story is there for all to read. Those are transformational leaders who were prepared and meant business. By now, a common proactive leader that is deft and means business would have done some basic foundational things, it seems PMB is unprepared for the job even as a former Head of State and a 4-time aspirant. If Late Gen. Murtala Mohammed was the President at this time, you and I know he most likely would have taken some key, expected, common sense decisions by now. Don't you know the popular phrase "Fellow Nigerians" and the phrase "With Immediate Effect" was gotten from Gen. Murtala Mohammed? Those phrases alone shows that Gen. Murtala was an involved leader who took quick decisive actions and carried Nigerians along. When it comes to being proactive and carrying Nigerians along, 'for now', PMB has failed. PMB has a 'Messiah' figure, a Messiah saves, delivers and takes action. A messiah is not a celebrity gallivanting from countries-to-countries receiving cheers or going from parlours-to-parlours. PMB spends more time in his celebrity state of mind than as a Commander-In-Chief. It is not too late for PMB to get his acts right. Therefore, I'm calling on PMB to roll-up his sleeves and get to work. Nigerians are not going to listen to any inspiring story after 4 years. I remain a fan of PMB, I'm just trying to make common sense.

Cc: lalasticlala, oam4j, ikenna351, afam4eva

1 Like

Re: BUHARI: The Celebrity President by madridguy(m): 11:34am On Jun 20, 2015
Ok
Re: BUHARI: The Celebrity President by Imortal001: 11:41am On Jun 20, 2015
I BELIEVE IN THE SLOWNESS OF PMB THAN THE FAST MODE OF GEJ!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUHARI: The Celebrity President by DickDastardly(m): 11:49am On Jun 20, 2015
Help us tell the dullard o cool
Re: BUHARI: The Celebrity President by Abednego2015(m): 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
It is #brand #new #day.....it is a #brand #new #week....#babaGod tnks 4 ur #protection upon my #life and dat of my #Family nd dat of my #lovedone

(1) (Reply)

Gambia's President Reaction On Gay Law / #gotthardtunnel: Switzerland Opens Epic $12bn World's Longest & Deepest Tunnel / These 7 Cities Will Be World's Richest Cities By 2025

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.