Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Is It Possible To Pin Point The Cause Of The Current Financial Crisis? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Possible To Pin Point The Cause Of The Current Financial Crisis? (638 Views)

Economic Crisis: Five Banks’ Profit Drop By N54bn / See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians / A Comic On How The Global Financial Crisis Erupted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Pin Point The Cause Of The Current Financial Crisis? by CreditCrun: 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2009
Dear all,

Please forgive me as i am no economist. We can hardly watch TV, read a paper or use the yahoo search engine today without a reminder of the global econmy crisis. Very often, there is an article on Obama's stimulus plan and how this would get America out of its current state.

But hold on. Wherever I go, there are products everywhere we turn, but no credit or rather money to buy them. There appears to be a steady supply of food, there are a number of empty spaces that could house people. However, there are no Jobs.  Could it be that the technological advancement has deprived us of our jobs over time? I seem to remember that certain factions of various societies complained about loss of jobs for this reason. Jobs moved from the west to parts of the world where labour was deemed cheap to facilatate mass production. Unfortunately Naija was missed (lol). I believe it got to a stage where the supply of goods outstripped our collective financial strength which probably acted as a catalyst for cheap credit as we saw it in the latter part of the 20th century. All of a sudden we are being told that there is no more cheap credit. why? Is it the panic of the impending global recession that got us all to want to save up for a rainy day? Where is the cash? Has the cash lost value? Is there something wrong with our capitalism?

Can you imagine, someone told me to go and sell a can of coke to zimbabweans for a dollar each. Apparently it is big business. What in the world is happening to us?

Please take it easy on my lack of economic matters. (Ejo, Biko, Sonu)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I View My Online Stock? / E- Commerce Business / How To Make Sure Potential Clients Find You Online!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.