Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,345 members, 7,836,415 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Listening To Qur'anic Recitation In The Toilet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Listening To Qur'anic Recitation In The Toilet (839 Views)

Gospel Songs U Cannot Just Stop Listening To / Nigerian Wins Qur'anic Recitation Competition In Saudi Arabia / Bible Versions Are Better Than Qur'anic Translations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Listening To Qur'anic Recitation In The Toilet by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 21, 2015
Assalamun'aleikum dear Muslim brothers and sisters. I have always wanted to ask this question on this forum, but I fear it may cease to make front page. My concerns are not due to fear of its recognition bot that of the fact that it will fail to enjoy the valid answers by versed scholars in the house. Please, how ideal is it to listen to Qur'anic Recitation in the toilet?
Re: Listening To Qur'anic Recitation In The Toilet by Pelummy(f): 4:49am On Jun 21, 2015
To the scholars I have listen to I don't think is right to mention the name of Allah in the toilet not to talk of listening to quranic recitation in the toilet .Allah (SWT) know best .

My opinion though
Re: Listening To Qur'anic Recitation In The Toilet by Nobody: 4:56am On Jun 21, 2015
it ain't qood sha buh what if something come over you there? Who will u call onto for help? Buh on normal circumstances its not qood
Re: Listening To Qur'anic Recitation In The Toilet by eleojo23: 5:11am On Jun 21, 2015
My Jesus doesn't mind if I'm in the toilet or not. He is ever present and I can talk to Him anywhere.

I think Allah should not also mind the toilet since he is the protector of those who follow him. You should be able to call out to him anywhere too.

2 Likes

Re: Listening To Qur'anic Recitation In The Toilet by amnesty7: 5:54am On Jun 21, 2015
It is surely allowed if you are only listening while the source of the recitation is outside the toilet. Please contributors should note that the OP asked about listening not reciting. As for reciting inside toilet, it is clearly not permissible. Allah the Exalted know best.
Re: Listening To Qur'anic Recitation In The Toilet by Kazrem(m): 6:44am On Jun 21, 2015
eleojo23:
My Jesus doesn't mind if I'm in the toilet or not. He is ever present and I can talk to Him anywhere.

I think Allah should not also mind the toilet since he is the protector of those who follow him. You should be able to call out to him anywhere too.
The Qur'an is an honoured book. Allah is a divine name. They cannot be called or pronounced in the toilet or any other filthy place. However there is a prayer to recite before entering and after leaving the toilet.
Re: Listening To Qur'anic Recitation In The Toilet by Kazrem(m): 7:00am On Jun 21, 2015
mrsefan:
it ain't qood sha buh what if something come over you there? Who will u call onto for help? Buh on normal circumstances its not qood
You too said it that if something come over you. That's exceptional.
However, in order to prevent something from coming over you, Muhammed, the best teacher taught us what to recite BEFORE entering the toilet and AFTER leaving the toilet.
BEFORE ENTERING THE TOILET; Audhu billahi minol khubthi wal khabaaith.

AFTER LEAVING THE TOILET: Gufroonaka. Alhamdulillah ladhi adhiaba anihal adha wa aafaanii.

ا عوذ بالله من الخبث والجباءث

غفرانك الحمد لله الذي اذهب عني اذي و عفاني

1 Like

Re: Listening To Qur'anic Recitation In The Toilet by oloriooko(m): 7:44am On Jun 21, 2015
Faddd:
Assalamun'aleikum dear Muslim brothers and sisters. I have always wanted to ask this question on this forum, but I fear it may cease to make front page. My concerns are not due to fear of its recognition bot that of the fact that it will fail to enjoy the valid answers by versed scholars in the house. Please, how ideal is it to listen to Qur'anic Recitation in the toilet?
Take this trash to your locked up section asap
There you will find people of like minds who are twisted in their thinking.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Pray To Marry A Lady With Your Mum's-like Attitude To Your Dad / Mohammed's Addiction. / The Only Way!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.