Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians (31069 Views)

Queen Of England Presents To Chukwu-Emeka Chikezie An MBE Award / Lady Sara Forbes The Yoruba Slave Who Became Goddaughter To The Queen Of England / Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by dre11(m): 7:39am On Jun 21, 2015
Four Nigerians will be presented the inaugural Queen’s Young Leaders Awards, on Monday, at the United Kingdom’s Buckingham Palace.

The awards will be presented by the Queen of England, Queen Elizabeth II. The four Nigerians are: Isaiah Owolabi, Kelvin Ogholi, Nkechikwu Azinge and Oladipupo Ajiroba.

According to a statement issued by the QYL, the awards are being given to exceptional young people from across the Commonwealth. Apart from the four beneficiaries from Nigeria, Canada, India, Cameroon and South Africa have three winners each.

The award winners aged between 18 and 29 are being recognised by the UK monarch for taking the initiative to support others, raise awareness and inspire change on a variety of different issues including education, gender equality, mental health and disability equality.

“We are very much looking forward to welcoming the first Queen’s Young Leaders to London on the 22nd (of June). It will be such an honour to witness these exceptional young people receiving their awards from Her Majesty the Queen for their incredible work in their countries and across the Commonwealth,” the Executive of the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, Dr. Astrid Bonfield, said.

One of the winners, Owolabi, a co-founder of Hacey’s Health Initiative, told SUNDAY PUNCH, during a courtesy visit on Wednesday by the British High Commission represented by Theresa Adeniyi and the QYL Nigerian ambassador, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, that the QYL award placed further responsibilities on him.

“The success is collective. I am happy and also surprised by the award. I see the award as a bigger responsibility and an opportunity to further impact on the life of others. This award will provide needed boost to our efforts at the HHI to continue to engage the public and private sectors and the people on the need to pay more attention to health, women and girls issues in the society,” he said.

In addition to meeting the UK monarch, the winners before receiving their awards at the palace will meet the UK Prime Minister, David Cameron, visit the UK headquarters of Twitter and the British Broadcasting Corporation.

http://www.punchng.com/news/queen-of-england-honours-four-nigerians/
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by INTROVERT(f): 7:40am On Jun 21, 2015
That's good
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by dre11(m): 7:42am On Jun 21, 2015
Congratulations to these guys.....

This is a news to be proud of at least we had a better news than the legislative looters, boko haram and kidnapping that has being happening over the past days in this country

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by ijustdey: 7:46am On Jun 21, 2015
the awards is shared equally 2:2

so, I hope to expect some level of decorum around here.

hard work pays at the end of the day

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by kelvyn7: 7:48am On Jun 21, 2015
hard work is not easy ooo
these guys tried walahi
kudos to them
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by docsholz(m): 8:06am On Jun 21, 2015
ijustdey:

e go shock u, it will still be tribalised grin

6 Likes

Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by FynBabe(f): 8:25am On Jun 21, 2015
Hard work always pay no matter how long it takes before your effort is recognised.
Congrats to them.

1 Like

Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by Islie: 9:10am On Jun 21, 2015
The awards will be presented by the Queen of England, Queen Elizabeth II. The four Nigerians are: Isaiah Owolabi, Kelvin Ogholi, Nkechikwu Azinge and Oladipupo Ajiroba

Lalasticlala let celebrate these Nigerians
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by danaiks(m): 9:37am On Jun 21, 2015
Op modify your topic
My name is meant to be on that list undecided
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by tobtap: 9:37am On Jun 21, 2015
congrats
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by Success1sMine: 9:38am On Jun 21, 2015
Good
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 21, 2015
Congratulations
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by xabi148(m): 9:38am On Jun 21, 2015
Ones in ah life tym opportunity hw I wish na me
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by LEOSIRSIR(m): 9:38am On Jun 21, 2015
Keep repping nigeria.. Keep waving the flag higher #wavingflag
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by ruggedboy01: 9:39am On Jun 21, 2015
ijustdey:

just wait..... Make the e-worriers see this thread
E shock u die grin cheesy
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by DrSage(m): 9:39am On Jun 21, 2015
Nice one there
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by Saheed9: 9:40am On Jun 21, 2015
nice
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by agarawu23(m): 9:40am On Jun 21, 2015
nice one
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by Hysmady(m): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2015
Wow..Congrats
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by Shehucom(m): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2015
And some MOFOS abroad keeps painting us bad.. Congrats to my country men

3 Likes

Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by phransix147(m): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2015
Congratulobia...
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by deeny02(m): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by kombats: 9:41am On Jun 21, 2015
INTROVERT:
That's good
dem use FTC do u abeg try dey leave am for use
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by Pavore9: 9:41am On Jun 21, 2015
Nice we are recognized for good deeds.
Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by ShakurM(m): 9:42am On Jun 21, 2015
But I'm still the group admin of my Whatsapp group sad

1 Like

Re: Queen Of England Honours Four Nigerians by Aregs(m): 9:42am On Jun 21, 2015
Issok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Barnabas Gemade Pictured Sleeping On Duty / Photos Of Crowd Waiting For PDP Presidential Candidate In Delta / Osinbajo In Anambra To Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge & Visit Markets For Trademoni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.