Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,928 members, 7,863,278 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:20 PM

Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala (3464 Views)

Why Nigeria Cannot Be Restructured – IPOB / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Ultimatum To Igbos By Northern Youths / Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by MizMyColi(f): 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Sure the truth he said but some issues as having a regional head cannot be feasible or possible even if we want it because of the independent minded nature of an Igbo folk...Ever heard the axiom; "Igbo enwe eze"...(Igbo doesn't have king)...holds true from ancient times till now...

Yes.
Agreed.

We are not quite apt at looking up to a particular set of people and demigodizing them.
If and when we do, then they must be truly worth it.
For now, we do not have any of such we can claim as our own in Igbo land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
prettyjo:
thanks too.
but this world will be a better place if you guys stop treating us with disdain.I must not overlook everything, to make someone feel better.
thanks for your concern

Hmmm...battle of wits?... Sounds like a feminist...right or wrong, I don't know and don't care but just told you what I would have said to my sister too...take it or drop it in the dustbin...all is well and good...merry sunday!!!
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by prettyjo(f): 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Hmmm...battle of wits?... Sounds like a feminist...right or wrong, I don't know and don't care but just told you what I would have said to my sister too...take it or drop it in the dustbin...all is well and good...merry sunday!!!
OK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by coolzeal(m): 12:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
It was what Awo did in 1954 that lead Zik to form an alliance with NPC in 1959-1960. Zik's party which was Herbert Macaulay's party won an election free and fair. Awo used tribalism to get people of Zik's party to switch sides leading to Zik's loss. Would you form alliance or partnership with someone who betrayed you and your followers? The case of Aburi Accord is another eyesore.
Apparently, our politicians don't give a tooth about our existence except their selfish interest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yes.
Agreed.

We are not quite apt at looking up to a particular set of people and demigodizing them.
If and when we do, then they must be truly worth it.
For now, we do not have any of such we can claim as our own in Igbo land.

Ya...it all died with Ojukwu who didn't even command same respect he commanded culturally, and socially in the political arena... Because most voted for Obj as against him in 2003/7
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:58pm On Jun 21, 2015
prettyjo:
OK
God bless...happy you're Anambra...keep right babe!!!
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by zendy: 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
Biafra is not negotiable!!!

We Igbos have outgrown the "Lord Lugardian" charade known as Nigeria.

We Igbos demand our own independent sovereign homeland!!
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I'm proud to be IGBO. Ndi nwenmu doooooo
Good but you're proud when they commit crimes also?
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by amanze15(m): 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
wink
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by Kingspin(m): 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
Some people as a matter of reality should accept the natural fact that talents are different. The early they embrace it the healthy and free they will be. Lastly, discover and use ur God given talent and leave others with theirs.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by 7lives: 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
mrvitalis:
We the igbos know that we don't have a regional leader even if we need one.
But the fact is that it is not in an igbo man to have a leader all man will look up to.
This is who we are and this is how we have been
We didn't need an igbo president to be were we are right now and we certainly don't need one to reach were we are going
If Nigerians see an igbo man they want to make president, fine that good for the man but not necessarily for the igbo nation. That is how we think, how he live
We believe in our self's to provide for our families.
If an igbo man needs a house he builds it
If an igbo man needs his Road fixes he fixes it by him self
If an igbo man need a good hospital he builds one
We believe we can get what we want and what ever we can't get we don't need
We don't need ur pity for the way we live. ... . What did the ijaws gain from Jonathan
What did the yorubas gain fro obasanjo
What did the North gain from all there leaders
We are OK the way we are.... ... All we want is don't marginalise us. That all we ask of ONE Nigeria. Trust us if u do this we won't care who ever rule Nigeria

Nice one, as you don't need leader start by removing those Igwes and governors in Alaigbo, then I'll begin to take y'all serious.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by MizMyColi(f): 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Ya...it all died with Ojukwu who didn't even command same respect he commanded culturally, and socially in the political arena... Because most voted for Obj as against him in 2003/7

I guess we've been sold and enmeshed into the lie that National leadership is not for us.
That we're meant to play second fiddle.

It's confuzzling though.
Someone talked about Rochas becoming president the other day...

I noticed that without even stopping to think...
My first reaction before typing anything was..."IMPOSSIBILITY"

Why?
Why did I have that disposition?

It's certainly not because he's an Easterner.
I would rather see another GEJ emerge.
I guess I'm averse to the fact that he's in bed with strange fellows.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:22pm On Jun 21, 2015
MizMyColi:

I guess we've been sold and enmeshed into the lie that National leadership is not for us.
That we're meant to play second fiddle.

It's confuzzling though.
Someone talked about Rochas becoming president the other day...

I noticed that without even stopping to think...
My first reaction before typing anything was..."IMPOSSIBILITY"

Why?
Why did I have that disposition?

It's certainly not because he's an Easterner.
I would rather see another GEJ emerge.
I guess I'm averse to the fact that he's in bed with strange fellows.

Truth is once the product is good, I believe it is up to him to form good alliance and he's good to go...

But the only reason why I would support a Rochas presidency is based on tribalism; a factor I wouldn't want to associate with, because it is all singing the music of division, biase and myopic sentiments...

But bring on Sullivan, or Peter Obi;etc these are already tested leaders who gave good account of themselves especially Peter Obi with his management and economic prowess amidst scarce resources and unlimited wants...

Inasmuch we advocate for Igbo presidency, it must be a good product who will give a good account of Igbo ingenuity in leadership...
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by AfricanApple(f): 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
omenka:
Nigeria would be a better place without the likes of Arabisala.

No tribe is more superior to the other. Everyone is unique in their own way.
tell them. if reverse was the case, this place would have turned to a ranting ground. eeewww
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
Everyone knows this is true, especially the South West..Lagos
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by MizMyColi(f): 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Truth is once the product is good, I believe it is up to him to form good alliance and he's good to go...

But the only reason why I would support a Rochas presidency is based on tribalism; a factor I wouldn't want to associate with, because it is all singing the music of division, biase and myopic sentiments...

But bring on Sullivan, or Peter Obi;etc these are already tested leaders who gave good account of themselves especially Peter Obi with his management and economic prowess amidst scarce resources and unlimited wants...

Inasmuch we advocate for Igbo presidency, it must be a good product who will give a good account of Igbo ingenuity in leadership...

I concur.
100%
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by pdf90(m): 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
prettyjo:
big fool...a pity too
You shouldn't reply everybody .
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by pdf90(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
Am sure most people did not read the article to the end .
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by pdf90(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
Am sure most people did not read the article to the end . The article was balanced
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by pdf90(m): 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Sure the truth he said but some issues as having a regional head cannot be feasible or possible even if we want it because of the independent minded nature of an Igbo folk...Ever heard the axiom; "Igbo enwe eze"...(Igbo doesn't have king)...holds true from ancient times till now...

It isn't out of place to change that thinking or modify it . To move forward . Because we actually need a leader ..
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by francizy(m): 5:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

God bless...happy you're Anambra...keep right babe!!!

prettyjo:
OK

I saw Anambra here.. What did I miss? cheesy
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
pdf90:

It isn't out of place to change that thinking or modify it . To move forward . Because we actually need a leader ..

May not be possible... but I feel for an Igbo presidency, we just need to get a "good product" who's tested and trusted already so that the marketing won't be a problem... the candidate forms an alliance with other states of SE reaches out to SS and then onwards...
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
francizy:

I saw Anambra here.. What did I miss? cheesy
cheesygrin you actually missed when and where she kissed me...nonsense boy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by OreMI22: 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
[size=15pt]When it comes to BIAFRA, the Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis are the WORST hypocrites.

They bitterly hate the Igbos and indeed the southern minorities and would want them to leave Lagos etc and go stay in their own country!

But in contradiction to their true feelings, they don't want Biafra because they want to perpetuate their right to collect the lion share of the oil resources sourced from the same peoples land, using the bogus criteria they foisted on the country called Nigeria.

Without oil in Igboland and Southern minorities part of Nigeria, Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani would have long seceded from Nigeria. FACT! [/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by francizy(m): 7:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

cheesygrin you actually missed when and where she kissed me...nonsense boy cheesy

No respect for ya big brother, no worry na slap dey wait you.. tongue
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2015
francizy:

No respect for ya big brother, no worry na slap dey wait you.. tongue
If only you know how many babes that would devour you once you touch me cheesy
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by francizy(m): 7:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

If only you know how many babes that would devour you once you touch me cheesy

Mention them please! cheesy tongue
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
francizy:

Mention them please! cheesy tongue
No need...taste of the pudding is in the eating...
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by francizy(m): 8:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

No need...taste of the pudding is in the eating...

Hmmm, should I mention them? cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by mrvitalis(m): 8:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
7lives:

Nice one, as you don't need leader start by removing those Igwes and governors in Alaigbo, then I'll begin to take y'all serious.
If we do that we will be breaking the Nigerian constitution... . So we allow them because the constitution say so
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2015
francizy:

Hmmm, should I mention them? cheesy grin
I dare you gringrin
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala by Kc3000: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
Mr. Aribasala was on the right track till he started characterizing Ndigbo as a people holding on to old grudges just for the heck of it. Perhaps he felt the need to butter us up with all the adulation before levying this damning accusation against Ndigbo. I'm not saying his intentions are evil, but the conclusion that Ndigbo begrudge some other Nigerians without acknowledging the opposing grudges and spiteful attitude still directed at Ndigbo, amounts to a gross misrepresentation of facts.

I dare say that Ndigbo emerged from the civil war with every intention to put the ugly episode behind them. However, some other Nigerians, intent on dominating the affairs of the nation, would not let them live down the episode. The Igbo dusted himself up after the war and set out to fully reintegrate himself into Nigeria. Too soon, too quick, they sneered at him, and continue to sneer. Events in Nigeria to this day, too numerous to mention, constantly remind Ndigbo that all is not well in this contraption of a nation.

Ndibgo, at various times in the history of Nigeria post-civil war, have participated fully and given support to Nigerians of other ethnic origins to emerge as the presidents of Nigeria. They gave so much support to Goodluck Jonathan that some started to speculate that the Ijaw man was somehow an Igbo man. Yet, many balk at the notion of an Igbo president.

If the Igbo hold any grudges, it is because they are not at peace with the injustice which they presently endure in Nigeria. Really,why would they not hold a grudge? The relentless hostile attitude of the north and the passive aggressive stance of the west, which are ingrained in every facet of Nigerian life, certainly leave a lot to be desired. Hence, the increasingly renewed agitation for Biafra, I believe, represents the frustration of a people who have all but given up on getting a fair shake in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RCCG Destroys Over 300 Homes In Order To Build Largest Auditorium In The World / Anambra State Has Had Enough. / Nigeria On A Self-rediscovery, Redemption Mission - DG Mining Cadastre Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.