Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies (1250 Views)

Over 500 Pieces Of Tricycle (keke Napep) Spare Parts For Sale In Bulk Urgently / Hungry Man Collapses On A Highway In Owerri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by imsuboi(m): 9:38am On Jun 21, 2015
The rate at which I've been hearing stories of tricycle (Keke Maruwa) robberies these days is alarming.

Just 3 days ago, a close friend of mine told me about how he was almost robbed. If not for divine intervention, he would have been robbed and probably injured badly.

Here's his story (after which I'll tell you mine which happened yesterday)

He boarded a Keke (tricycle) from ikenegbu to IMSU back gate (he was the only one in the Keke). Along the way, the driver stopped at a lonely spot to pick two male passengers.

Instead of both of them entering from one side, they entered from both sides, hereby flanking my friend and leaving him with no route of escape. They then pointed a pistol at the keke man and told him to zoom off.

On getting to a lonely road around the abandoned aladimma shopping mall, they told the keke man to stop (which he did). As they proceeded to rob my friend of his belongings, by a stroke of luck, a church service going on around that area had just dismissed; so there was a large efflux of people.

In the ensuing commotion, my friend managed to push one of them out from the tricycle and flee for his dear life.

now here's my story

On Saturday morning, after doing my laundry, I wanted to head to the market (eke onuwa market) to buy some food stuff.

So I came outta my hostel, strolled to sterling hotel junction, crossed the road and waited for a Keke.

As I had just withdrawn some cash the night before, I didn't have change (just 1000naira bills).
When I crossed over, one tricycle with no one inside stopped in front of me, before I entered, I told him I don't have change; he said I should still enter; which I did.

He then drove a little, stopped and said he wants to pick more passengers. Almost at once, one guy just jumped into the tricycle from one side; I looked at him, our eyes met, his eyes were bloodshot and he reeked of _marijuana. I then quickly looked outside and
saw two other guys coming.

I knew this is a robbery.

I quickly came down and went to sit in front with the Keke driver. As I did so, the second guy entered and sat at the back with his colleague.

I looked back at them.

The first one then pointed at me and said "na because of you we enter this Keke"

Omo!

I immediately jumped down from the Keke o!

And started walking back.

The assholes came down too. On seeing I wasn't running, I think they lost the zeal to chase me. They stood there issuing threats upon threats.

I put on my headset, Ramin Djawadi's "the Children" was playing as I strolled away from the bastards. cool cool

Me 1 - 0 robbers.

beware of the tricycles you board!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by imsuboi(m): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2015
Tapout
Chuksemi
Exxell
Decode55
Cowleg
Beremx
Mzjackbaueress
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by decode55(m): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2015
shocked shocked
The rate of robberies in Owerri is getting worse.
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 21, 2015
Bravo no dulling guys , stay alert always
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by Tapout(m): 10:03am On Jun 21, 2015
that was smart of u bro... cool
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by ITbomb(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2015
Don't worry, your car is on the way
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by sandrahnaub(f): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2015
The lord is ur strength
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by imsuboi(m): 10:39am On Jun 21, 2015
sandrahnaub:
The lord is ur strength

And my muscle o! grin
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by imsuboi(m): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2015
ITbomb:
Don't worry, your car is on the way

Amen! smiley

1 Like

Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by imsuboi(m): 10:42am On Jun 21, 2015
Tapout:
that was smart of u bro... cool

Thanks man cool cool
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by Prodeegee(m): 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
Nice move...Lagos robbers won't stop tho

I think this shd make fp
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by Chuksemi(m): 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
Scary. The rate at which this hoodlums are becoming innovative, one has to be current to thwart their schemes. Nice one bro, Oluwa still de on top your matter.
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by sandrahnaub(f): 3:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
Abi
imsuboi:

And my muscle o! grin
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
you are lucky broo, what do u expect owerri is a place to eat money so boys got to steal jux to get small dough to flex the town. Here in onitsha most guys prefer hustling to get cash its only the lazy dat robs unsuspecting public.
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by Nmeri17: 6:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
The first one then pointed at me and said "na
because of you we enter this Keke"
Omo!
The assholes came down too. On seeing I wasn't
running, I think they lost the zeal to chase me.
They stood there issuing threats upon threats
shocked shocked hmmmmmmmm..... e fee be say na u be this
na im mk those hoodlum pick race wink dem no dey fear face ke?? undecided
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by imsuboi(m): 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
Nmeri17:
shocked shocked hmmmmmmmm..... e fee be say na u be this
na im mk those hoodlum pick race wink dem no dey fear face ke?? undecided

undecided
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by Whizzcute(m): 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
they have attacked me more than 3 times and got away wit my phones and money.

But the next time i'll pass that douglass road again,i'm going to go with my lil pistol,i swear if anyone approaches me,i'm gonna burst his skull

#seriously
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
Whizzcute:
they have attacked me more than 3 times and got away wit my phones and money.

But the next time i'll pass that douglass road again,i'm going to go with my lil pistol,i swear if anyone approaches me,i'm gonna burst his skull
#seriously

Yea bro... You wish... Badass Nigga.... I see you and your rettarded pistol. Awon famzing broke boys forming tushed....

2 Likes

Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by Whizzcute(m): 7:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
exxell:

Yea bro... You wish... Badass Nigga.... I see you and your rettarded pistol. Awon famzing broke boys forming tushed....

i know you are one of them,but dont worry ,you are on the way to your death.

JUST WAIT FOR ME
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 23, 2015
Hey
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by Whizzcute(m): 9:11am On Jun 23, 2015
exxell:

This is exactly the same reason I said that you are rettarded and myopic. You said in your initial post that your phones and money were not just collected once but three times! That shows that you are nothing but an Ogbono soup with no kpomo. See you here now threatening me? Ina apu ara? The op who had no gun was able to run away because he was smarter. If you had any senses, you will know that it takes only being street smart on douglas to beat them. Engaging them in violence may lead to your death. And here you are advertising that you have a pistol.... You wish bro... Broke boy. Shift jor befor mu were ura mawa gi anya.

.... By the way, The same death you wish me, I send it back to you. Use it till the end of tyme. When you are tired, transfer it to your family nd generations.

k
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by decode55(m): 9:43am On Jun 23, 2015
Whizzcute & exxell, kindly get a room tongue
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
decode55:
Whizzcute & exxell, kindly get a room tongue

I dont do guys..... grin grin grin
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by decode55(m): 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2015
exxell:

I dont do guys..... grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by femi4: 9:46am On Jun 29, 2015
imsuboi:
The rate at which I've been hearing stories of tricycle (Keke Maruwa) robberies these days is alarming.

Just 3 days ago, a close friend of mine told me about how he was almost robbed. If not for divine intervention, he would have been robbed and probably injured badly.

Here's his story (after which I'll tell you mine which happened yesterday)

He boarded a Keke (tricycle) from ikenegbu to IMSU back gate (he was the only one in the Keke). Along the way, the driver stopped at a lonely spot to pick two male passengers.

Instead of both of them entering from one side, they entered from both sides, hereby flanking my friend and leaving him with no route of escape. They then pointed a pistol at the keke man and told him to zoom off.

On getting to a lonely road around the abandoned aladimma shopping mall, they told the keke man to stop (which he did). As they proceeded to rob my friend of his belongings, by a stroke of luck, a church service going on around that area had just dismissed; so there was a large efflux of people.

In the ensuing commotion, my friend managed to push one of them out from the tricycle and flee for his dear life.

now here's my story

On Saturday morning, after doing my laundry, I wanted to head to the market (eke onuwa market) to buy some food stuff.

So I came outta my hostel, strolled to sterling hotel junction, crossed the road and waited for a Keke.

As I had just withdrawn some cash the night before, I didn't have change (just 1000naira bills).
When I crossed over, one tricycle with no one inside stopped in front of me, before I entered, I told him I don't have change; he said I should still enter; which I did.

He then drove a little, stopped and said he wants to pick more passengers. Almost at once, one guy just jumped into the tricycle from one side; I looked at him, our eyes met, his eyes were bloodshot and he reeked of _marijuana. I then quickly looked outside and
saw two other guys coming.

I knew this is a robbery.

I quickly came down and went to sit in front with the Keke driver. As I did so, the second guy entered and sat at the back with his colleague.

I looked back at them.

The first one then pointed at me and said "na because of you we enter this Keke"

Omo!

The assholes came down too. On seeing I wasn't running, I think they lost the zeal to chase me. They stood there issuing threats upon threats.

I put on my headset, Ramin Djawadi's "the Children" was playing as I strolled away from the bastards. cool cool

Me 1 - 0 robbers.

beware of the tricycles you board!

You no dey graduate ni?
Re: For Those In Owerri, Beware Of Tricycle Robberies by imsuboi(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
femi4:
You no dey graduate ni?

You know whether na professional course I dey study? Ode

(1) (Reply)

How True Is This Picture About Boys And Girls? / See How A Guy Disgrace a Lady Forming To Be Big Girl / Any Idea On How I Can Pick My Car Keys? From This Big Snake (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.