Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS (1191 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Inec Has Handed Over Original Result Sheets To Ameachi Says Wike. / EFCC Grills Salewa Obanikoro Over N800m Transaction, Seizes Her Passport / S’court Ruling: Nobody Can Steal My Mandate, Says Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by Naijaland12: 11:01am On Jun 21, 2015
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has accused his predecessor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi of frittering away N800 million naira for the payment Indian consultants running Nne Kurubo Model School at Ebubu-Eleme.
Wike disclosed this in an interactive session with journalists in Government House.
He said because of government’s indebtedness to the Indian consultants, the Nne Kurubo Model Secretary School, the school was shut down.
Wike also alleged that Amaechi paid N9billion to consultants to award scholarship to Rivers state students overseas when the state has a Scholarship Board duly charged with the job.
He wondered how the former Governor could have run an administration driven by consultants without plunging the state into the debt it found itself.
Wike debunked the claim that Amaechi left N7 Billion naira in the state coffers.
He wondered why Amaechi did not use the money, if available, to pay Pensioners,settle the allowances owed Rivers students on scholarship,pay the workers of the disbanded TIMARIV and others.
Governor Wike also dismissed the allegations in the social media that former President Goodluck Jonathan paid him N108 Billion.
He said heard it but refused to respond because the allegation was spurious and unintelligent.
“People should should not think that Nigerians are unintelligent people to believe such tale as if N108Billion is such such money that can be paid without a trace.We must show some sense of intelligence. Was the money paid to me before I was sworn in Was it in cash? Did the former President have the power to sign out that kind of money?”Governor Wike quizzed.
On the N10 Billion naira loan he recently secured through the Zenith Bank he explained that the loan was tied to specific projects that were beneficial to the state but abandoned by the previous administration. The projects include; Ilabuchi road linking Eagle Island,the Law faculty at the Rivers University of Science and Technology, Akpajo/Woji Road, Rumuepricom-Rumuolumeli road and roads in Diobu,Eleparawon.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 21, 2015
"U are made clean, d moment u join apc"
Tinubu cum ameachi cum aregbese cum saraki cum atiku etc, dey re all "saints".
Make dem dhe deceive demselves dhe go
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by MizMyColi(f): 11:05am On Jun 21, 2015
Hian, all this obsession with Amaechi.
It's becoming boring and nauseating biko.

Oga Wike, make sure your hands are clean.
If you are coming into equity, come with clean hands.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by Bugatie(m): 11:06am On Jun 21, 2015
Naijaland12:
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has accused his predecessor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi of frittering away N800 million naira for the payment Indian consultants running Nne Kurubo Model School at Ebubu-Eleme.
Wike disclosed this in an interactive session with journalists in Government House.
He said because of government’s indebtedness to the Indian consultants, the Nne Kurubo Model Secretary School, the school was shut down.
Wike also alleged that Amaechi paid N9billion to consultants to award scholarship to Rivers state students overseas when the state has a Scholarship Board duly charged with the job.
He wondered how the former Governor could have run an administration driven by consultants without plunging the state into the debt it found itself.
Wike debunked the claim that Amaechi left N7 Billion naira in the state coffers.
He wondered why Amaechi did not use the money, if available, to pay Pensioners,settle the allowances owed Rivers students on scholarship,pay the workers of the disbanded TIMARIV and others.
Governor Wike also dismissed the allegations in the social media that former President Goodluck Jonathan paid him N108 Billion.
He said heard it but refused to respond because the allegation was spurious and unintelligent.
“People should should not think that Nigerians are unintelligent people to believe such tale as if N108Billion is such such money that can be paid without a trace.We must show some sense of intelligence. Was the money paid to me before I was sworn in Was it in cash? Did the former President have the power to sign out that kind of money?”Governor Wike quizzed.
On the N10 Billion naira loan he recently secured through the Zenith Bank he explained that the loan was tied to specific projects that were beneficial to the state but abandoned by the previous administration. The projects include; Ilabuchi road linking Eagle Island,the Law faculty at the Rivers University of Science and Technology, Akpajo/Woji Road, Rumuepricom-Rumuolumeli road and roads in Diobu,Eleparawon.

That figure is hugely understated,

The Indian consultants were paid so much you begin to wonder what exactly they needed the money for, and when you compare it with the meagre peanuts they paid their teachers, you just weep.
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by WASMOG(m): 11:07am On Jun 21, 2015
undecided
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by merry02(m): 11:10am On Jun 21, 2015
AmechiRacal....hope Buhari ll manage u in his cabinent with all these dirty deed?shame
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by Candyrain(m): 11:11am On Jun 21, 2015
Amaechi is in for a very long nightmare from this Wike guy.
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 21, 2015
Amaechi should be in jail for corruption
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by OLADD: 11:23am On Jun 21, 2015
MizMyColi:
Hian, all this obsession with Amaechi.
It's becoming boring and nauseating biko.

Oga Wike, make sure your hands are clean.
If you are coming into equity, come with clean hands.

Happy Sunday.

How can you waste your ample time writing the above rubbish? I guess you're been bored simply because your hero Ameachi is the subject of these revelations and frauds. If somebody like Fayose had been caught in similar web, someone like you would have asked him to face firing squad. Nigeria will continue to crawl with double-sided and hypocritical people like you. Today, probe NNPC and Deiziani, tomorrow, don't witchhunt Ameachi and Tinubu. Gosh!
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by tucky200(m): 11:25am On Jun 21, 2015
Una don enter one chance for rivers
This guy is there on a revenge mission and not to govern

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by MizMyColi(f): 11:27am On Jun 21, 2015
OLADD:

How can you waste your ample time writing the above rubbish? I guess you're been bored simply because your hero Ameachi is the subject of these revelations and frauds. If somebody like Fayose had been caught in similar web, someone like you would have asked him to face firing squad. Nigeria will continue to crawl with double-sided and hypocritical people like you. Today, probe NNPC and Deiziani, tomorrow, don't witchhunt Ameachi and Tinubu. Gosh!

I'm actually new on here, so I won't blame you if you don't know that I'm a die-hard GEJ fan and by extension, PDP.

Easy bro.
I usually don't respond to tantrums like yours, but I'm taking the pains because you misunderstand.

Agreed. Amaechi, by reason of his defection has caused the Rivers polity a number of setbacks.
I understand the natural human tendency to probe him and publish his dirty works...

I do, and for a while on here, I liked that he was being cut to his size.

But then again, I'm human, and no matter how possessed I am with the spirit of partisanship, it is only normal that I, when I can, give room for some objectivity.

Enough of the Crucifixion and Sensationalism.
We have been told he is guilty, we have heard enough.
Now, proceed with meticulous investigation, provide damning evidence and let the full course of the law act.

Anything less than this is witch hunting, and personally, I'm saying "e dun do"...
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 21, 2015
Amaechi... mother's shud beware of that name, iit simply means FAILED person
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by OLADD: 11:34am On Jun 21, 2015
MizMyColi:

I'm actually new on here, so I won't blame you if you don't know that I'm a die-hard GEJ fan and by extension, PDP.

Easy bro.
I usually don't respond to tantrums like yours, but I'm taking the pains because you misunderstand.

Call it tantrum or whatever you like, it doesn't bother me and this does not have anything to do with either we are pro-GEJ or not. Rather, we should be objective, precinct and nonpartisan in our comments. If Ameachi is found to be corrupt, he should face the music squarely. Governance and probe can go side by side.
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 21, 2015
I thought this w a n k have set up commission of inquiry to investigate and probe Amaechi, why is he still running to the press to spew trash?

Putting the cart b4 the Horse.
Thats thug life Wike

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by playboy99(m): 11:37am On Jun 21, 2015
vimi:
Amaechi... mother's shud beware of that name, iit simply means FAILED person
after 8yrs as governor lol pls wat ur own name so we wuld no who is a failure between u and amechi koz I knw u havnt even b selected as class captain not to talk of governor #ACE

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by Starships4u(m): 11:37am On Jun 21, 2015
Politics
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by MizMyColi(f): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2015
OLADD:

Call it tantrum or whatever you like, it doesn't bother me and this does not have anything to do with either we are pro-GEJ or not. Rather, we should be objective, precinct and objective in our comments. If Ameachi is found to be corrupt, he should face the music squarely. Governance and probe can go side by side.

If I wanted it to bother you, I could have used worse words and a vile manner of approach.

I have modified my comment above, you might wanna read up.

Owh well, in Nairaland politics...as evidenced by your submission, Objectivity's a relative term.

For me, politics among all that it is, should also be about conscientiousness and a conscience nurtured by truth.
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 21, 2015
playboy99:
after 8yrs as governor lol pls wat ur own name so we wuld no who is a failure between u and amechi koz I knw u havnt even b selected as class captain not to talk of governor #ACE
Lol uu funny sha, no be say ii dey brag or trying to prove a point. See link for few of ma escapades. grin
https://www.nairaland.com/2320268/photo-nairalander-displays-numerious-awards
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by AhmadMind: 11:46am On Jun 21, 2015
Bugatie:

That figure is hugely understated,

The Indian consultants were paid so much you begin to wonder what exactly they needed the money for, and when you compare it with the meagre peanuts they paid their teachers, you just weep.

Why Indians?....

Just asking..
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by Bugatie(m): 11:52am On Jun 21, 2015
AhmadMind:

Why Indians?....

Just asking..

Very good question,
Why not use a special team consisting of members of the education ministry and some of the professional teachers that he sent abroad on scholarships or even some of the 13,000 teachers he recruited.

It's heartbreaking seeing the amounts the Indians Educonsult got just for doing nothing except for being white
Re: Amaechi Squandered N800m On Indian Consultants, Says Wike - PM NEWS by dulaman: 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
i

(1) (Reply)

Biafran Separatism Is Like A Mirage-okorocha / Photos: Buhari As Executive Chairman Of PTF At NYSC Award Ceremony In May 1998 / Mimiko To Face EFCC Heat As Ex Dep Gov List His Crimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.