Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda (3204 Views)

FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn / Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
olapluto:

You're at best a political commentator, better put as beer parlour analyst. Bureaucracy is not your forte, neither is making intelligent inferences.
People like you are noisemakers who do not necessarily make sensible noises. The word deficit as used by Joda here makes sense to intelligent people, because the man cited many examples to press home his point. If you lack the basic understanding to wholistically capture the explanation, it is your own problem, and you are the clown in this instance.
I'm looking for the part you counter his arguement with fact but you didn't rather you took your whole time to abuse his person.

How low can you go with this your sickend brain before you see a doctor

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Buhari shld start somtin now
He is busy traveling here and dere
D oda day he paid a presidential visit to his presidential cows
Meanwhile, d South West dat voted for him, he didn't even bother to visis dem.
#booharistartwork

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 21, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The way APC arrives @ bogus figures in their auditing makes me weep, I will like to see a breakdown of 7trillion naira deficit
Jonathan tol him N1.3trn deficit (Budget). Baba is telling us that it is 7trn. How did he arrive at the figure? If he's talking of FG total debt, the FG already told us that our debt stand at N12trn from all 36 states, FG and FCT. So what is the man saying that Jonathan lied to him?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
olapluto:

You're at best a political commentator, better put as beer parlour analyst. Bureaucracy is not your forte, neither is making intelligent inferences.
People like you are noisemakers who do not necessarily make sensible noises. The word deficit as used by Joda here makes sense to intelligent people, because the man cited many examples to press home his point. If you lack the basic understanding to wholistically capture the explanation, it is your own problem, and you are the clown in this instance.
In what sense? Did you see the part I quoted? How can Nigeria's budgetary deficit be N7trn? Do you even have any idea what budget deficit is?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by dotfam2104(m): 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:
Is it old age or something that is disturbing Pa Ahmed Joda? How can Nigeria's 2015 budgetary deficit be N7trn? How much is even our overall annual budget? Our 2015 budget is N4.5trn, revenue is expected at N3.2trn and deficit N1.3trn. So what is Joda saying? Is he talking of Budgetary deficit for real? Does Joda even know what Deficit is? This APC people are clowns!

Someone should tell Ahmed Joda that there is difference between Budget deficit and FG Debt.

The Total Debt of Nigeria as at May 11 is N12trn. This debt consists of all the debts of the FG and the 36 states and FCT. Joda should
........ I actually appreciate ur criticism buh I bliv u r nt privy to d information at Joda's disposal. it makes any fault u find against him baseless. U cant deny joda is a seasoned adminstrator nd an experienced civil servant. Dont act lyk u knw better than him all because of politics.
Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by LRNZH(m): 2:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
dotfam2104:
........ I actually appreciate ur criticism buh I bliv u r nt privy to d information at Joda's disposal. it makes any fault u find against him baseless. U cant deny joda is a seasoned adminstrator nd an experienced civil servant. Dont act lyk u knw better than him all because of politics.

A word for the wise is a nugget. I stated this to him but he chose not to take the lesson.

The Internet has allowed all sorts of so called 'analysts' to throw baseless claims and counter claims.

Lalasticlala do the needful pls.
Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by anigbajumo(m): 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:
Is it old age or something that is disturbing Pa Ahmed Joda? How can Nigeria's 2015 budgetary deficit be N7trn? How much is even our overall annual budget? Our 2015 budget is N4.5trn, revenue is expected at N3.2trn and deficit N1.3trn. So what is Joda saying? Is he talking of Budgetary deficit for real? Does Joda even know what Deficit is? This APC people are clowns!

Someone should tell Ahmed Joda that there is difference between Budget deficit and FG Debt.

The Total Debt of Nigeria as at May 11 is N12trn. This debt consists of all the debts of the FG and the 36 states and FCT. Joda should
Did u knw wat budget deficit is all about?
The amount by which a government, company, or individual's spending exceeds its income over a particular period of time. also called deficit or deficit spending. opposite of budget surplus...
He said budget deficit of 7trill av been "PILE UP" which means budget deficit of over 5yrs in office.
Pls stop dwelling ignorance here if u cnt understand da content.
Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
anigbajumo:
Did u knw wat budget deficit is all about?
The amount by which a government, company, or individual's spending exceeds its income over a particular period of time. also called deficit or deficit spending. opposite of budget surplus...
He said budget deficit of 7trill av been "PILE UP" which means budget deficit of over 5yrs in office.
Pls stop dwelling ignorance here if u cnt understand da content.
At no time did Jonathan tell Pa Joda that the "piled up deficit" since 2010 is N1.3trn. The N1.3trn deficit represent that of 2015 Budget. Pa Ahmed Joda has lost touch with the reality. Well, he's over 80yrs and he's supposed to be happily relaxing in his village with his greatgrandkids and not involve himself in affairs of government that he no longer understand.

By the way, what do you mean "pile up deficit"? Is the budget from 2010 to dat a secret document?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by olapluto(m): 3:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:
In what sense? Did you see the part I quoted? How can Nigeria's budgetary deficit be N7trn? Do you even have any idea what budget deficit is?
The intelligent 80 yr old Joda actually explained all this. You either intentionally blinded yourself to it, or you're talking for the sake of it. I advice you to go back to read the article.
If 1.3 Billion was deficit for last year, and similar deficits have PILED UP over 5 years, how much will the PILED UP deficit be?
Since you are also proving to be childish in your arguments, I will ask you to research what happens when government has budget deficits.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by olapluto(m): 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:
At no time did Jonathan tell Pa Joda that the "piled up deficit" since 2010 is N1.3trn. The N1.3trn deficit represent that of 2015 Budget. Pa Ahmed Joda has lost touch with the reality. Well, he's over 80yrs and he's supposed to be happily relaxing in his village with his greatgrandkids and not involve himself in affairs of government that he no longer understand.

By the way, what do you mean "pile up deficit"? Is the budget from 2010 to dat a secret document?
You need help with comprehension. If you do not understand what you're reading, how can you effectively criticise it? You spent more time talking about baba Joda than actually addressing the issue. Is this a ploy to mask your ignorance?
Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by atlwireles: 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
N7 trillion Naira, that's why you stop reading, because almajiris never disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by anigbajumo(m): 3:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:

Dnt u understand da word "pile up" again ni?....Anyway OLAPLUTO has done dat 4u...
Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
olapluto:

The intelligent 80 yr old Joda actually explained all this. You either intentionally blinded yourself to it, or you're talking for the sake of it. I advice you to go back to read the article.
If 1.3 Billion was deficit for last year, and similar deficits have PILED UP over 5 years, how much will the PILED UP deficit be?
Since you are also proving to be childish in your arguments, I will ask you to research what happens when government has budget deficits.
The over 80yr old said the Budgetary deficit is N7trn and not N1.3trn that he was told. Common sense should tell you that at NO time did anybody tell Baba Joda that the deficit of our budget since 2010 till date was N1.3trn, neither did anyone tell Pa Joda that the quoted N1.3trn represent budgets of 2010-2015 combined. Jonathan said budget deficit is N1.3trn which is in line with 2015 budget. Pa Joda is saying 7trn. How sensible is that when total expenditure is N4.5 trillion. I don't blame Pa Joda, he's old and out of touch. May God grant us long life
Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by olapluto(m): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:
The "worn" out 80yr old said the Budgetary deficit is N7trn and not N1.3trn that he was told. Common sense should tell you that at NO time did anybody tell Baba Joda that the deficit of our budget since 2010 till date was N1.3trn, neither did anyone tell Pas Joda that the quoted N1.3trn represent budgets of 2010-2015 combined. Jonathan said budget deficit is N1.3trn which is in line with 2015 budget. Pa Joda is saying 7trn. How sensible is that when total expenditure is N4.5 trillion. I don't blame Pa Joda, he's old and out of touch
You want to ignore the word 'pile up' again. Oya run to learn about CUMULATIVE BUDGET DEFICIT. This pile up is the hallmark of a reckless administration, which is doing nothing, but spending beyond its allocation. baba Joda is privy to more info than you are. You are adamant in your ignorance my friend. Baba said he was told of 1.3trn, but he realised that the cumulative (pile up) is 7trn. How is this hard to sink in?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
Jonathan is a curse. With the way he "managed" Nigeria, how many saTANoids would want him to handle their firms?

God bless the President.
Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by baralatie(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:

these guys won't stop giving excuses so I am not surprised at this op post!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
olapluto:
This Buhari administration will become unpopular after a while. The needful will include reducing the workforce of the civil service, and that will generate plenty negativity. Also, Buhari has to use the big stick on PDP's remnants in the civil sevice. So far, these remnants have shown themselves to be willing saboteurs.
In all, I trust Buhari to at least make an impact. The impact already felt is a good one.

self deception.
Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
olapluto:

You want to ignore the word 'pile up' again. Oya run to learn about CUMULATIVE BUDGET DEFICIT. This pile up is the hallmark of a reckless administration, which is doing nothing, but spending beyond its allocation. baba Joda is privy to more info than you are. You are adamant in your ignorance my friend. Baba said he was told of 1.3trn, but he realised that the cumulative (pile up) is 7trn. How is this hard to sink in?
You are talking nonsense. How can a government spend N7trn outside budget? U are not making sense. The N1.3trn that was told Pa Joda is for a single year budget. If Baba need explanation he should ask.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by 4Play(m): 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
LRNZH:

You need to take reading comprehension lessons.

Joda, a very respectable administrator stated that the budget deficit of N7 Trillion has been piled up by GEJ. Nowhere did it mention this was all in 2015 as you claim.
Joda was referring to year on year deficit accumulation and we know GEJ was in power for over 5 years.

Please think before you counter. All these baby analysts on NL sef....mtchew

This your post is depressing because it illustrates the obscene levels of dishonesty characteristic of Nigerians. There is nothing in that article that says GEJ claimed Nigeria ran a cumulative 1.3 trillion Naira budget deficit over 5 years. Anyone with a modicum of interest in economic matters would instantly recognise the untruthfulness of your post.

We have always known about the deficits and no one, certainly not Joda, would have any reason to believe that it summed to 1.3 trillion Naira over 5 years. Here is an excerpt from an article a few months ago:

Between 2011 and June 30 2014 we have spent N4.5trillion in fiscal deficits funding compared to N3.64trillion that was budgeted as Fiscal deficit.

http://nairametrics.com/its-deficit-upon-deficit-analysis-of-nigerias-budget-vs-actual-since-gej-last-won-an-election/

Here is NOI in 2013 on previous years budget deficits:
Government has further reduced annual domestic borrowing to finance the budget deficit from N852 billion in 2011, to N744 in 2012, and now to N577 billion in 2013!
That's 2.1 trillion Naira acknowledged in that speech alone. http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/123650-overview-of-nigeria-2013-budget-by-ngozi-okonjo-iweala.html

Personally, I suspect Joda has been misquoted by the journalist. However, it is telling to observe how Nigerians' knack for dishonesty is reflected in our political discourse.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
atlwireles:
N7 trillion Naira, that's why you stop reading, because almajiris never disappoint.

I stopped reading when I saw 1300Mw of power deliverable.

I am beginning to believe that APC Federal Cartels were responsible for most Gas pipeline vandalism across the country.

Gas or no gas, what was handed over to President Buhari is 12,000Mw capacity power generation. - Fact

Buhari should improve on what was handed over to him to serve Nigerians better.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by Greenarrow01(m): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
olapluto:

I WONDER OOH. Barcanister is not as good as papa joda nor is he with the kind of info available to this man. he is just tryin to prove the faults his english teacher has, for not teaching him comprehension properly
Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
Greenarrow01:
I WONDER OOH. Barcanister is not as good as papa joda nor is he with the kind of info available to this man. he is just tryin to prove the faults his english teacher has, for not teaching him comprehension properly

There is nothing like piled up budget deficit when current National cumulative debt is given.
Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by baralatie(m): 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I stopped reading when I saw 1300Mw of power deliverable.

I am beginning to believe that APC Federal Cartels were responsible for most Gas pipeline vandalism across the country.

Gas or no gas, what was handed over to President Buhari is 12,000Mw capacity power generation. - Fact

Buhari should improve on what was handed over to him to serve Nigerians better.
that is what I was expecting this administration to go about doing and not making excuses at every opportunity.
Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 22, 2015
LRNZH:

A word for the wise is a nugget. I stated this to him but he chose not to take the lesson.

The Internet has allowed all sorts of so called 'analysts' to throw baseless claims and counter claims.

Lalasticlala do the needful pls.
Afam4eva, OAM4J

Re: Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda by YoursGEJ(m): 2:58am On Jun 22, 2015
Only God knows what would have been left of Nigeria had these bastard GEJ govt and his bastard tanoids succeeded in staying in power for another four years.

I have the feeling that we are just beginning to hear of the rot that was perpetrated by the most irresponsible govt in Nigeria's history. Barcanista is trying to sweep this one under the rug by cluelessly questioning Joda's credibility. How the mighty have fallen indeed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwarans Thwarted Plans By External Forces To Embarrass Saraki At Eid Praying Gro / UN Vows To Protect Kanu As His Life Is At Danger / The North And South West Will Continue To Rule Nigeria - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.