Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old (4837 Views)

Gana's Kidnap Gang Led By A Woman Busted In Benue. Photos / Police Arrest Lagos, Ogun Bank Robberies’ Coordinator (pictured) / Police Arrest Lagos Prince, Others During Cult Initiation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by harbdulrasaq88(m): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
The Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) last week arrested members of a notorious seven-man robbery gang that had been terrorizing Iyana-Ipaja, Dopemu and other areas of the state, including neighbouring Sango-Ota in Ogun.

The deadly gang led by Taiwo Amosu, 19 operated by executing house-to-house raid and subjecting their victims to severe beatings before dispossessing them of cash and other valuables.

The suspects disclosed that their victims’ financial status were usually judged by the interior décor of their apartments, adding that any of them who out of sheer stubbornness refused to release cash befitting of the gang’s estimation of them, risked being killed.

The Ogun state born Taiwo, said he tuned to robbery in search of greener pastures. “I am an orphan and I have a younger brother to take care of. I learnt aluminum work in order to fend for myself and my younger brother but due to power failure, I do not have work to do.

“My workshop is at Sango-Otta. It was in my search for greener pasture that I joined this robbery. I had gone to Agege that fateful day to play game with my friends – Owolabi, Akeem, Yaro, Damilola, Sanjo and Sunday – unknown to me, they were planning a robbery operation that night.

“I reluctantly followed them to a building at Agege where they carried out a room-to-room operation. At the end, we went back to Sango-Otta to share the loot. I was made the leader of the gang when our leader, Damilola, left the gang, but he was still controlling us from where he was and we sent him returns. We usually torture any victim who claims not to have money in their houses.

“Such comments provoke us. We knew the financial status of our victims because we usually carried out an assessment of them before striking. So, we did not condone lie or pretense from them because robbery is a serious business. In one of the operations at New Garage, we disarmed security men of their arms. When we accost any security man during operation, we normally use him as a bait to gain entry into the apartments and at the end, we would lock our victims from outside.

“We only covered our faces in areas where we feel we could be recognized. But we hardly operate around our places of abode. Our targets during operation are phones, laptops and cash. We do not shoot our victims; we only beat them and threatened to shoot if they misbehaved. We usually share our loot at Agege Motor Park.

“I get between N10,000 to N30,000 at the end of each operation depending on how much was realized”, stated Taiwo who was also said to have been detained last year at the dreaded SARS over a case of cultism.

He was reportedly the first to be apprehended by SARS operatives. His confession led to the arrest of two other suspected members of the gang; Jamiu Amsat, 28 and Owolabi Aremu, 22.

Another suspect who was identified as the amourer for the gang, and who is simply called Amsat, claimed he had never gone to any operation with the gang. He only admitted to being the gang’s armourer.

According to him, “I have never gone to rob with them. I only keep their weapons at the end of which I got between N15,000 and N20,000. Several times, they tried to convince me to join them but I could not because I do not have the emotions to stand it and I do not want to kill anyone till I die.”

However, the third suspect, Owolabi Aremu, boldly described himself as the gang’s ‘bad man’, disclosing that during operation, he usually intimidated their victims with his deep voice that sounds like a roaring lion. Aremu who resides at Atubaje Street in Agege opened up: “Whenever we approached our victims and they refused to part with money befitting our assessment of them, I would shout in my baritone voice which usually put fear into them.

If, for instance, we assessed a victim for N500,000 and they brought N100,000, I would hit them hard in the face and shout, thereby forcing them to bring out the required amount. We usually take Indian hemp and alcholic drink before going for operation. That way, we would be able to do and undo.”

http://www..net/2015/06/photo-police-arrest-lagos-terror.html

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
The people of South West una do well

4 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by agarawu23(m): 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
see the tall guy eyes grin

robbery no be business abeg

get a better job

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
agarawu23:
U see yaself!

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Dahjhi: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
ALL DAY FOR THE THIEF ONE FOR THE OWNER.. .

IM COMING BACK TO COMMENT
OREMUSSANCTUS:

U see yaself!

Lol grin
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by zenith4biz(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
Seen
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by abduljabbar4(m): 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
What you hardly hear under gej administration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by abduljabbar4(m): 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Mods he has broken nairaland rule 2

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Mods he has broken nairaland rule 2
U a coward

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by abduljabbar4(m): 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

U a coward
I'm a coward and you are a terrorist. No probs in that case

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:
I'm a coward and you are a terrorist. No probs in that case
Am a christian and not a terrorist

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
So, we did not condone lie or pretense from them because robbery is a serious business
Can you imagine? How can a sane person term robbery/criminality a "serious business"? He isn't even sober...kill them all

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by 1after: 7:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
My lazy useless father is a bas.tard and deserve to die a miserable death for bringing a shameless animal like me to this world. Devil punish me and my family

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
I'm not suprised because the level of poverty has increased since May 29 while somewhere in Daura the Cattles that looked thin pre May are now fatter like they do take *fertilizer* daily

4 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by calculator123(m): 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
harbdulrasaq88:
The Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) last week arrested members of a notorious seven-man robbery gang that had been terrorizing Iyana-Ipaja, Dopemu and other areas of the state, including neighbouring Sango-Ota in Ogun.

The deadly gang led by Taiwo Amosu, 19 operated by executing house-to-house raid and subjecting their victims to severe beatings before dispossessing them of cash and other valuables.

The suspects disclosed that their victims’ financial status were usually judged by the interior décor of their apartments, adding that any of them who out of sheer stubbornness refused to release cash befitting of the gang’s estimation of them, risked being killed.

The Ogun state born Taiwo, said he tuned to robbery in search of greener pastures. “I am an orphan and I have a younger brother to take care of. I learnt aluminum work in order to fend for myself and my younger brother but due to power failure, I do not have work to do.

“My workshop is at Sango-Otta. It was in my search for greener pasture that I joined this robbery. I had gone to Agege that fateful day to play game with my friends – Owolabi, Akeem, Yaro, Damilola, Sanjo and Sunday – unknown to me, they were planning a robbery operation that night.

“I reluctantly followed them to a building at Agege where they carried out a room-to-room operation. At the end, we went back to Sango-Otta to share the loot. I was made the leader of the gang when our leader, Damilola, left the gang, but he was still controlling us from where he was and we sent him returns. We usually torture any victim who claims not to have money in their houses.

“Such comments provoke us. We knew the financial status of our victims because we usually carried out an assessment of them before striking. So, we did not condone lie or pretense from them because robbery is a serious business. In one of the operations at New Garage, we disarmed security men of their arms. When we accost any security man during operation, we normally use him as a bait to gain entry into the apartments and at the end, we would lock our victims from outside.

“We only covered our faces in areas where we feel we could be recognized. But we hardly operate around our places of abode. Our targets during operation are phones, laptops and cash. We do not shoot our victims; we only beat them and threatened to shoot if they misbehaved. We usually share our loot at Agege Motor Park.

“I get between N10,000 to N30,000 at the end of each operation depending on how much was realized”, stated Taiwo who was also said to have been detained last year at the dreaded SARS over a case of cultism.

He was reportedly the first to be apprehended by SARS operatives. His confession led to the arrest of two other suspected members of the gang; Jamiu Amsat, 28 and Owolabi Aremu, 22.

Another suspect who was identified as the amourer for the gang, and who is simply called Amsat, claimed he had never gone to any operation with the gang. He only admitted to being the gang’s armourer.

According to him, “I have never gone to rob with them. I only keep their weapons at the end of which I got between N15,000 and N20,000. Several times, they tried to convince me to join them but I could not because I do not have the emotions to stand it and I do not want to kill anyone till I die.”

However, the third suspect, Owolabi Aremu, boldly described himself as the gang’s ‘bad man’, disclosing that during operation, he usually intimidated their victims with his deep voice that sounds like a roaring lion. Aremu who resides at Atubaje Street in Agege opened up: “Whenever we approached our victims and they refused to part with money befitting our assessment of them, I would shout in my baritone voice which usually put fear into them.

If, for instance, we assessed a victim for N500,000 and they brought N100,000, I would hit them hard in the face and shout, thereby forcing them to bring out the required amount. We usually take Indian hemp and alcholic drink before going for operation. That way, we would be able to do and undo.”

http://www..net/2015/06/photo-police-arrest-lagos-terror.html
rsult of joblessness hope pmb would do something about it ooo
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by iswearinowell(m): 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
calculator123:
rsult of joblessness hope pmb would do something about it ooo
1st most annoying sets of pple on nairaland (quoting massive posts) angry if nt dat am repented, d kaain slap wey i 4 give u ehnnn.. Im head lyk ghana mussgo

#FROST

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by calculator123(m): 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2015
iswearinowell:
1st most annoying sets of pple on nairaland (quoting massive posts) angry if nt dat am repented, d kaain slap wey i 4 give u ehnnn.. Im head lyk ghana mussgo

#FROST
correction taken#young euler
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by angelTI(f): 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
agarawu23:

get a better job

As in ehn
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by agarawu23(m): 8:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
angelTI:

As in ehn
na so o
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

U a coward
What's the make and model of your phone..
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by ahaz: 8:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
agarawu23:

get a better job
who tell you say robbery no be business for South West, a major contributor to South west States

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by tit(f): 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I'm not suprised because the level of poverty has increased since May 29 while somewhere in Daura the Cattles that looked thin pre May are now fatter like they do take *fertilizer* daily

if buhari has started feeding school childrens ab=nd giving poor people 5000 naira, Taiwo, Jamiu and Aremu would not have involved themselves in bad thing!

Papa Mohammadu Buhari!
Hurry up and start doing the things we vote you to do!

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by jamex93(m): 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
see dem face like donkey yarns

ole
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 22, 2015
I can now BEAT MY CHEST in conclusion by saying SOUTH WEST is really FINISHED

That TALL GUY has an UNFINISHED business...
He should be discharged and acquitted, to enable him ROB NAIRALAND..... EEDIOTS.!!!!

Ask me why first
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Ponponkon: 6:58am On Jun 22, 2015
Ishilove Seun seun lalasticlala hope you guys had a lovely night? As for me I slept like a baby because my governor in Abia State has tightened security to the extent that this kind of news cannot come out from Gods Own State where Gods chosen servant Dr Okezie Victor Chibuikem Ikpeazu is overseeing and piloting the affairs of the State. Ishilove and lalasticlala please perform your administratative duties or else you will be placed on half salary.

God Bless Abia State
God Bless Ikpeazu
God Bless Ngwaland
God Bless Ponponkon
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by phlemzy: 7:08am On Jun 22, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
CariKaTalk. I shake my left bumbum for u. Ur reasoning is so weird.
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Segadem(m): 7:23am On Jun 22, 2015
hmmm, short of words.
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 22, 2015
To think that the punishment for armed robery is death sentence. Sigh! But some risks are not worth taking sha
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 22, 2015
smiley
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Ponponkon: 7:49am On Jun 22, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Don't tribalise this thread. lalasticlala please don't ban him
Re: PHOTO: Police Arrest Lagos Terror Robbery Gang Led By A 19 Year Old by Mckennedy: 7:50am On Jun 22, 2015
if they were to be igbos by now yoruba folks will be singing many different songs telling how igbos are the people comitting crimes in the zoo,,, big shame..

(1) (2)

Two Grown Women With Matured Clitoris Embarrassing Themselves / Notorious Kidnapper, Evans, Sentenced To Death By Lagos High Court / Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.