Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,919 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:59 PM

Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City (34159 Views)

Rochas Okorocha Makes 305 Youth Millionaires / Obiano Plans To Agulerize Anambra With Nepotistic Appointments / See Governor Obiano's "Stylish" Handshake That Has Got People Talking. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 22, 2015
new2020:
Anambra is a state to watch out for. The level of development going on in the state is shocking. How he is able to get all these projects going on simultaneously is baffling especially with such a low allocation.
And you have forgotten, he is a technocrat, a seasoned banker and his deputy is a seasoned lecturer, a Dr in Economics, my then lecturer at the Great Unizik. He taught me monetary economics then.
So what do u expect from two Doctors in Economics? Efficiency, productivity, maximisation fiscal responsibility and the rest.

13 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by gratiaeo(m): 8:10am On Jun 22, 2015
Anambra bu maka mu na gi.

8 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2015
Ok. Its a nice plan of Developing nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Pascal181: 8:32am On Jun 22, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Anambra State currently has the best performing governor in Nigeria. These are the kind of leaders Nigeria should be raising not a dull retired soldier from daura that's assuming Nigeria is a serious country.
Is alright, agreed but where on earth are the rich seperated frm d poor in dat manner
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 22, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Anambra State currently has the best performing governor in Nigeria. These are the kind of leaders Nigeria should be raising not a dull retired soldier from daura that's assuming Nigeria is a serious country.

Haha haha. Isn't it too early?
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 22, 2015
aresa:

This empty and shallow chest beating indeed a social malady in ibo land.
What kind of world do these people live in? grin
And what's wrong with that statement?

1 Like

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 22, 2015
BMedia:

Top ten private jets by wealthy Nigerians.
Type Price Owner
1. Falcons 7X. $51m(N8.2billion) Mike Adenuga
2. Bombardier Global 6000 $45.5m(N7.3billion) Unknown
3. Bombardier Global Express XRS $45m(N7.2billion) Aliko Dangote
4. Gulfstream G550 $40m (N6.4billion) Bishop Oyedepo
5. Gulfstream V $30m (N4.8billion) Bishop Oyedepo & Pastor Adeboye
6. Bombardier Challenger 604 $30m(N4.8b) Mike Adenuga
7. Embracer Legacy 650 $30m (N4.8b) Ifeanyi Uba
8. Hawker 900XP $20m(N3.2b) Dr Kashim and Sir Aremu Johnson
9. Gulfstream G450 $15m(N2.4b) Bishop oyedepo
10. LearJet $13.3m (N2.1b) Bishop Oyedepo and Dr Kashim

https://www.nairaland.com/1059437/top-ten-private-jets-owned

Don't be fooled by that list. They are dozens of Igbo Billionaires with private jet but in secret..they don't need to make noise. The Governor is not stupid to have said that...he knows it!

8 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2015
Does anyone know any cool area in anambra that can boast of atleast 18 hour power supply? I'm willing to come back home.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:39am On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Danjuro1: 8:40am On Jun 22, 2015
In Naija? mhn
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 22, 2015
Millionaires city wow abeg carry the contract give me, as I don win the contract na GodWin
Meanwhile please patronize Hary Building Concept. As the best awaits you with us. Thanks.

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by stalione(m): 8:42am On Jun 22, 2015
FreeGlobe:
must u involve mr president in everytin u type.Pity. undecided
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 8:45am On Jun 22, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

You know internet trolls, nuisance and unintelligent nuisance like you bore me...
a very stupid Yoruba... disgracing us... where's the sense in all what u posted?

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by myklangelo(m): 8:49am On Jun 22, 2015
All I have to say is that he should hold on, I never make my millions. Otherwise he reserve my place for me there.

Anambra anyi!

Ya Igbo language azonyela okpa na tuwita(tweeter)follow me @OdeniigboBlog for news in Igbo

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Neplusultra(f): 8:49am On Jun 22, 2015
kettykin:
Notice how some people have lost their peace over this piece of good news. What then will happen when igbos start relocating sstrategic business department of their conglomerates
You don't answer dem! D worst dey can do is talk or go and hang! I like watching dem get fits!

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by chikwadomn(m): 8:51am On Jun 22, 2015
Governor give them low cost houses every billionairs can build watever at werever.the newly settle boys of anambra cnt pay rent,d young graduate under ur pay list cnt own a house.young igbos marry at 45yrs but when u provide lowcost house they will enjoy marriage of d youth.BIBLE > Old Testament > Proverbs > 22.16 He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want..obey d bible
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by iamlol(m): 8:52am On Jun 22, 2015
Aladdin for you
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Sagamite(m): 8:52am On Jun 22, 2015
FreeGlobe:
The governor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano has ambition for his state and given a clue to his ambition.

He said he plans to build an ultramodern millionaire’s city that will reflect the proud heritage of Ndi Anambra as the home of the greatest number of billionaires in Nigeria.

Speaking while inspecting three flyovers that are rising simultaneously in the emerging city of Awka at the weekend Obiano said, “We have a vision of building a Millionaire’s City. Most of the millionaires in Nigeria are from Anambra.

“I also understand that most of the people who own private jets in Nigeria are from Anambra. So, we want to set up a place for them where they can come home and build befitting estates with helicopter landing pads,” he stated.

Obiano restated his commitment to ensure that Anambra remains crime-free as it was crucial to all development efforts.

“We still maintain zero-tolerance for criminals in Anambra State. We have enough work for everybody.”

Obiano assured pointing out that the three flyovers that are under construction in Awka had created over 1200 jobs while Coched Farms Limited, an Agro-allied firm operated by the Coscharis Group in partnership with the state government had so far employed over 700 people in its first phase of operation.

Obiano also spoke of the plans to open up bid for the Millennium city project saying that Awka Capital Territory Development Authority ACTDA would soon be processing requests for lands in the choice location.

“The Awka CT will determine the kind of buildings to be erected in different locations,” he remarked and further revealed that the aerial mapping and photography of the Awka Captial Territory had finally been completed and approved by the Anambra State Executive Council.

“The aerial photography of the rest of the state would have been concluded by now but the weather would not permit that. So they will continue in October. By December they would have done the aerial mapping of the rest of Anambra State. So this aerial mapping has a great deal of importance to Anambra State. It will assist in estate development, erosion control, agricultural planning etc. It will also bring down the cost of doing business in Anambra State. We are one of the few states that have done it in Nigeria,”Obiano remarked.

According to him, the aerial mapping was the first stage of the state’s digitization programme. “When we are done with the Aerial mapping, we shall go to the next stage which is the GPS stage of this project where the GPS in our cars will guide us to different locations across the state.

Governor Obiano also revealed that four different companies are bidding to handle the design of the proposed Awka Capital City.

“The companies have made their presentations and the tender board will review and advise on the best option. By the time they are done, the chosen design will be super-imposed on the present Awka. That will give us a clear idea about the changes to make. On the whole we shall choose a design that will give us minimal compensation to pay as we expand Awka to be one of the best cities in the world. Just like everything I do, I am very serious about this project and I want to re-assure Ndi Anambra that this project will be completed on time,” he added.

Obiano also announced that as part of the overall plan for the anticipated Awka Capital City, he had directed the Special Committee on power to include Awka in the captive Power Project which gives special locations 10 megawatts of electricity. Other cities on the scheme are Onitsha, Ozubulu and Nnewi.

http://changenigeria.org/news/7186-obiano-plans-to-build-millionaires-city

What a moronic, visionless fuuktard!

White elephant projects that don't contribute maximally to the people is what this cretin sees as priority?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by ubumoh(m): 8:54am On Jun 22, 2015
What of city for the poor people?
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 22, 2015
pazienza:
Obi wasn't this vocal, yet achieved alot. Obiano is beginning to act like a regular Nigerian politician, always seeking for media coverage.

He should speak less and do more,
I agree with you. His work should speak for him not his words.
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by jantofubu(m): 8:55am On Jun 22, 2015
pinkiberry:
the rich get richer,the poor get screwed. diaris god o
m.i track titled money
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Neplusultra(f): 8:55am On Jun 22, 2015
new2020:

Dirty swine...get out from this thread! Go to Osun thread...Oh nothing to discuss! Don't let me change my mind on my pledge to donate food to Osun..one more reply from you, I'll change my mind.
Hahahahaha!!! cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by bueze046(m): 8:55am On Jun 22, 2015
Yea really the guy is doing great for ndi Anambra cause I have lived there for years but above all governors Gov Obiano is the one who knows what development is all about,but people misunderstood him though over okada ban.

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Neplusultra(f): 8:55am On Jun 22, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Agbameta good morning how far with Osun State and her hairport with longest tallest drum sorry runways
Lmao!

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by bueze046(m): 8:58am On Jun 22, 2015
ubumoh:
What of city for the poor people?

there's plan for everywhere, sit back relax while we move on with action for we're not dullard though

1 Like

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by zendy: 8:59am On Jun 22, 2015
I'm an Anambra man and I can state categorically that Anambra is the state with the highest number of Billionaires in Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Pque(m): 9:00am On Jun 22, 2015
DankemzI:
Good development, though am from Akwa Ibom but Igbo by marriage I tend to rejoice in every positive news coming from there.
The city must be well planned by Urban and regional planners, strictly surveyed by Surveyors no compromise should be allowed by so doing many of our brothers on the West side will start heading home.
And cases of flooding will be avoided!

na today then dey talk am. Everything ends in talk and media, no action. Sir, you have started mapping surveyors for them. Don't jump to conclussion on Nigerian goverment news quickly so that you won't end up being some of of the f¤¤l$ that are deceive all the time...
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 22, 2015
radiokilla:
Does anyone know any cool area in anambra that can boast of atleast 18 hour power supply? I'm willing to come back home.

You can ask on Anambra state thread below. I'll advise you to purchase as soon as you can....people in Lagos, Abuja, outside of SE and in Diaspora are buying in droves. By now next yr, property in Awka and environs will be up by 100%.

https://www.nairaland.com/1930337/anambra-state-light-nationeconomic-political/294

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by walosha(f): 9:02am On Jun 22, 2015
a step in the right direction
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by odomanis: 9:03am On Jun 22, 2015
aresa:

This empty and shallow chest beating indeed a social malady in ibo land.

What kind of world do these people live in? grin

If you know Anambra and the people well,you wont doubt what the governor has said.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Charly68: 9:03am On Jun 22, 2015
It is a good concept but somebody should please info his excellency that criminals will make that city of billionaires that special target of criminality. The rate of kidnapping these days does not encourage such high class plan.. Mr Governor pleas reconsider your steps.
Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by BMedia: 9:04am On Jun 22, 2015
new2020:

Don't be fooled by that list. They are dozens of Igbo Billionaires with private jet but in secret..they don't need to make noise. The Governor is not stupid to have said that...he knows it!
Kingspin:
Do u understand english? This has nothing to do with top 5 or 10 owners. The underline word here is most that is it could be that total of 100 persons own private jets in Nigeria and out of that 100 people, 40% of them are from Anambra state while the rest of Nigerians share 60% it that simply dear.

My friend keep quiet. How many PJ owners do we have in Nigeria? We have seen the top 10 and there's ONLY 1 Ibo at the bottom of the list.

Its not about tribe but you guys should stop lying unneccesarily, its embarassing. Igbos have the LEAST number of PJ's in Nigeria and Obiano was lying through his teeth.The FACTS are there for all to SEE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Loses Third LG As APC Leads With Over 30,000 / Change Amotekun’s Name To ‘Oduduwa Guards’ – MURIC / Court Sacks Stella Ngwu And Dennis Nnmachi Agbo As Federal Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.