Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses (53138 Views)

Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) / "If you Attend Winners Chapel & You Are Poor"-See What This Girl Said / Calabar Pastor’s Family Lived With Python For 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by damosky12(m): 1:58am On Jun 23, 2015
Simolicatalano:

Another IGNORAMUS
Read all over again
u really need to wake up bro
who said anytn about being led by d occult. i neva linked anybody with d illuninati
save ur lectures for those who actually need it
bless u
Did you say anything? Read your post again to know what an IGNORAMUS looks like... I gave bases for my point, rather than make your point, you just quoted me to rant at my post..... God help you.
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by tosindelaw(f): 3:32am On Jun 23, 2015
Feranmicharles:
Jesus never cursedundecided

Rather,He'd pray. sad

Modified: to those of you referring to the fig tree yeah jesus cursed the tree,cos it didnt bring out fruit while he's hungry,besides it a treeundecided
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by tosindelaw(f): 3:35am On Jun 23, 2015
Feranmicharles:

Rather,He'd pray. sad

Modified: to those of you referring to the fig tree yeah jesus cursed the tree,cos it didnt bring out fruit while he's hungry,besides it a treeundecided

Woe unto you pharisee is a prayer,read your bible well
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Degis(m): 4:07am On Jun 23, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I am going to tell the two of you a story....I hope you listen.

During world war 2, the Nazi government of Germany invaded and conquered the Netherlands. And almost immediately they began implementing their evil racist polices....which included the detention and eventual transfer of Jews resident in the country to death camps.

A family of Dutch watchmakers along with others, hid many Jews and helped them escape to safer countries like the UK. One of the member of the family was a woman by the name of Corrie Ten Boom.

One dark day in 1994, Corrie and her family were betrayed by a neighbour and were arrested by the Gestapo (the Nazi Secret Police) and eventually sent to harsh labour camps. Corrie's older sister Betsie died. Her aged father died in jail. Her nephew also died in jail. Her elder brother's health never recovered...and he died after the end of the war.

After the war.....Miss Ten Boom had a chance to meet again the man who betrayed them, as well as the commandant of one of her prision camps and one of the more brutal guards.

She did not curse them. She forgave them.

Because....it was not easy for her by the way.....that is what Jesus wants us to do. Forgive.

Corrie Ten Boom in 1994?. why the lie?. you are trying so hard to sound like the Pharisees and Sadduces. Jesus cursed a whole city of Chorazin and some others yet you said Jesus did not curse. Jesus will not see the work of inquity and keep quiet. You and your fellow hypocrites claim in another comment of yours that the Fig tree is inanimate. So, in your Biology class, a tree is described as an inanimate being abi?. no wonder they say some Nigerian Graduates are not employable

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by abouqi(f): 4:56am On Jun 23, 2015
Kidnappers need you most! So pray for them when you are finally in their den, if they cut off your head, use super glue to stick it back, ok? Never you do contrary, remember also, they need you most! (ODE!) reading Bible upside down, must you comment?
Jacksparrow0712:
Whatever happened to the New Testament? Why y'all leaving by the Old Testament? Jesus brought a total approach. He wouldn't curse his enemies. Even when Peter cut off the ear of one those that came to arrest him, he put it back. He encouraged us to pray for our enemies. The need us most
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by abouqi(f): 5:01am On Jun 23, 2015
bushdoc9919:
I am off this thread.....

But before I go.....I must post this link....

12 Encouraging Bible verses on forgiveness.

http://ipost.christianpost.com/news/12-encouraging-bible-verses-on-forgiving-others-10770/

It seems most Nigerians have forgotten to forgive.

I leave you with the story of Elisabeth Elliot. Her husband Jim Elliot was killed by some Central American tribesmen in the 1950's.

A few years later...she went back and became a missionary to those same people.

All of her husband's killers were converted to Christ by her ministry.

No cursing involved.

God bless.

1 Corinthians 13 (The Message version)

13 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.

2 If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing.

3-7 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

8-10 Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

11 When I was an infant at my mother’s breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good.

12 We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

13 But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

The Message (MSG)

Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

Mr Jehovah witness/Grail man, wait till when you or a family member of yours is kidnapped before you preach this sermon now. Then, we shall understand you better, ok?
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 23, 2015
abouqi:

Mr Jehovah witness/Grail man, wait till when you or a family member of yours is kidnapped before you preach this sermon now. Then, we shall understand you better, ok?

What makes you think I am not a Christian?

Smh.

And even if someone kidnaps anyone close to me....I will forgive the kidnappers.....because in so doing I may bring them to Christ.

As the bible says....if we cannot forgive others, God himself will not forgive us.

Because if God could forgive us messy and bad sinners , why can't we forgive others. Of course....we cannot save them, but we can do as Jesus did....forgive.

Here, read this: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/october/28.40.html

One more thing......I myself have not been kidnapped, but I have been hurt many times in my life by people who I thought I could trust. In all those times, I have found it very difficult to forgive them, but I guess one thing that helped me was realisng the fact that God gives us grace to forgive, and he does not expect us to do it in our own strength. Another thing is that it is better to obey God...than one self. And finally, if God could save and be with me....a wretched sinner who still fails to live up to His standards....why should I not forgive others? They are the same kind of human as I am. So...in forgiving others, I better understand God's love for me....and our relationship improves
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 23, 2015
Degis:

Corrie Ten Boom in 1994?. why the lie?. you are trying so hard to sound like the Pharisees and Sadduces. Jesus cursed a whole city of Chorazin and some others yet you said Jesus did not curse. Jesus will not see the work of inquity and keep quiet. You and your fellow hypocrites claim in another comment of yours that the Fig tree is inanimate. So, in your Biology class, a tree is described as an inanimate being abi?. no wonder they say some Nigerian Graduates are not employable

1.Thanks....I meant 1944. Will correct.

2.My point still stands.

3.I invite you to read this article: http://www.todayschristianwoman.com/articles/2006/july/14.38.html
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 23, 2015
A Kernersville, North Carolina woman has chosen to forgive the abductors, who kidnapped her at gunpoint.

Susan Patrick told her remarkable story over the weekend at Kernersville's Calvary Chapel.

Three months ago, two men walked up to her while she was unloading goods from her car. Police later said one of the men had a gun.

"They proceeded to make me walk down my driveway, down my street and picked me up and put me in my trunk and took me away," Patrick told the congregation.

The men had planned on robbing her. But she quickly called 911 and was rescued by law enforcement authorites within minutes.

Police have charged three teenagers in connection with Patrick's kidnapping.

[size=14pt]Patrick called the incident "the longest 15 minutes of her life," and months later she says it still haunts her.

"It's not how great your sin is or how bad you messed up, but God has grace and mercy for everyone," she told Winston - Salem television station WXII.

"So the same kind of grace and mercy that He shows to me for the little things I've done, He shows to people who have done much and far worse," she explained.[/size]

While the teens were waiting for their trial to begin, Patrick said she sent all three of the men a copy of the Bible to read during their incarceration.

Her persistence and her prayers may have been answered. One of the men is now attending weekly church services held at Calvary Chapel of the Triad's satellite prison ministry.

"I think it's awesome because that means that God is working in that person's life," Patrick explained. "There's no question about that."

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2009/January/NC-Woman-Forgives-Her-Kidnappers-/
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by chosen04(f): 6:11am On Jun 23, 2015
This man is a FRAUD! So what is he waiting for in CURSING Boko Haram that has brought so much sorrow to families including members of his Northern Branch churches that the terrorist group have attacked and killed during church worship?
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 23, 2015
I like the audacity of this man of God.
Indeed, Kings rule by decree.
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 23, 2015
Is this how you was brought up as a Christian? To insult people for no reason. This is why I have problem with religion. You all are phukin hypocrites. You only use and preach the part that favours you. Smh. If the only thing you wanna do is insult, pls stop quoting me. I'm not a fellow religious slave. I've been liberated long ago. Thanks
abouqi:
Kidnappers need you most! So pray for them when you are finally in their den, if they cut off your head, use super glue to stick it back, ok? Never you do contrary, remember also, they need you most! (ODE!) reading Bible upside down, must you comment?
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by kingston247: 6:45am On Jun 23, 2015
Pls tell us the real story...d cause version is so lame. ..
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Degis(m): 6:45am On Jun 23, 2015
bushdoc9919:

1.Thanks....I meant 1944. Will correct.

2.My point still stands.

3.I invite you to read this article: http://www.todayschristianwoman.com/articles/2006/july/14.38.html

you dont forgive a crime, you punish a crime. You forgive sin done against you but if it has criminal inclinations, it must be punished still.
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by fairygeh(f): 7:00am On Jun 23, 2015
Na wa for people o saying He needs to Bless not curse so if someone kidnaps your wife dad,mum,siblings, children. U open your mouth to bless them?
How pathetic
Atimes you' al forget pastors also have blood flowing in their veins.
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Feranmicharles(m): 7:05am On Jun 23, 2015
tosindelaw:

Woe unto you pharisee is a prayer,read your bible well

can you pls further this statement... I jus wanna knw maybe the pharisees and the saducee are remorseful or notundecided
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by hybridtm(m): 7:06am On Jun 23, 2015
H
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Themandator: 7:19am On Jun 23, 2015
loomer:

So where the story of phone call stuff come out from?

The kidnappers called to make their demands and the bishop left an instruction to be put through whenever they call....

When they eventually did, he curse them for daring to enter the church for such purpose... He said this, the bishop, on Sunday.
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by loomer: 7:23am On Jun 23, 2015
Themandator:

The kidnappers called to make their demands and the bishop left an instruction to be put through whenever they call....

When they eventually did, he curse them for daring to enter the church for such purpose... He said this, the bishop, on Sunday.

Ok o
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Themandator: 7:25am On Jun 23, 2015
bushdoc9919:
A Kernersville, North Carolina woman has chosen to forgive the abductors, who kidnapped her at gunpoint.

Susan Patrick told her remarkable story over the weekend at Kernersville's Calvary Chapel.

Three months ago, two men walked up to her while she was unloading goods from her car. Police later said one of the men had a gun.

"They proceeded to make me walk down my driveway, down my street and picked me up and put me in my trunk and took me away," Patrick told the congregation.

The men had planned on robbing her. But she quickly called 911 and was rescued by law enforcement authorites within minutes.

Police have charged three teenagers in connection with Patrick's kidnapping.

[size=14pt]Patrick called the incident "the longest 15 minutes of her life," and months later she says it still haunts her.

"It's not how great your sin is or how bad you messed up, but God has grace and mercy for everyone," she told Winston - Salem television station WXII.

"So the same kind of grace and mercy that He shows to me for the little things I've done, He shows to people who have done much and far worse," she explained.[/size]

While the teens were waiting for their trial to begin, Patrick said she sent all three of the men a copy of the Bible to read during their incarceration.

Her persistence and her prayers may have been answered. One of the men is now attending weekly church services held at Calvary Chapel of the Triad's satellite prison ministry.

"I think it's awesome because that means that God is working in that person's life," Patrick explained. "There's no question about that."

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2009/January/NC-Woman-Forgives-Her-Kidnappers-/

So? In this instance, 5 of the 8 man kidnap gang has finally joined the commission... One of them is named Tony.

Only God can make Paul out of these Saul, like in the bible
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Gariga: 7:31am On Jun 23, 2015
Papa I like you joor. You no send any devil. Papa carry go
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Simolicatalano: 8:26am On Jun 23, 2015
damosky12:

Did you say anything? Read your post again to know what an IGNORAMUS looks like... I gave bases for my point, rather than make your point, you just quoted me to rant at my post..... God help you.
another reason to call u an ignoramus
it seems u have a problem wif syntax and grammer
learn to comprehend properly before posting poo
i never judged or alleged any link to the occult
i only educated a myopic fellow who quoted me to throw tantrums over the resemblance of oyedepo's building structures wif d illuminati's
...and here u are taking panadol for another man's headache
r u dis uninformed or ur putting an extra effort at it this time??
save ur lectures for those making the allegations not those giving them d benefit of ' doubt
may d lord grant u understanding
God help us all
Ciao
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by BENARI: 9:18am On Jun 23, 2015
Simolicatalano:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/22/oyedepo-curses-kidnappers/

I thought Jesus said we should continue to pray for our enemies and even those who persecute us?
Even Jesus prayed on behalf of those who impaled him asking His Father to forgive them?
How come this man of God is doing just the opposite; cursing kidnappers? How will that change anything? What difference will it make? It's like flogging a dead horse. For anyone to engage in kidnapping, that person must have been a looser. Any curse on such ones is like "cursing the cursed".

Men of god must live and walk in the footsteps of the one they claim to follow.
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by damosky12(m): 9:19am On Jun 23, 2015
Simolicatalano:

another reason to call u an ignoramus
it seems u have a problem wif syntax and grammer
learn to comprehend properly before posting poo
i never judged or alleged any link to the occult
i only educated a myopic fellow who quoted me to throw tantrums over the resemblance of oyedepo's building structures wif d illuminati's
...and here u are taking panadol for another man's headache
r u dis uninformed or ur putting an extra effort at it this time??
save ur lectures for those making the allegations not those giving them d benefit of ' doubt
may d lord grant u understanding
God help us all
Ciao

Another baseless fallacy!! God help you oh...
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Sexyolori(f): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2015
Feranmicharles:
is there any situation that GOD won't leave a room for appreciation/thanks
stop being dramatic and face reality...God gave us authority to speak. death and life are in the power of the tongue why then should we sit back and allow negative things happen before we exercise dt authority? jooo oh
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Feranmicharles(m): 10:07am On Jun 23, 2015
Sexyolori:

stop being dramatic and face reality...God gave us authority to speak. death and life are in the power of the tongue why then should we sit back and allow negative things happen before we exercise dt authority? jooo oh
angry isooright sha sad
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Simolicatalano: 10:11am On Jun 23, 2015
sure
u r entiltled to ur opinion sir/ma
i do not support cursing in any way
buh wen it comes to men of God (real or fake), i'l rather keep mum and let God be the judge
its just my way of doin things
bless you
[quote author=BENARI post=35055613]

I thought Jesus said we should continue to pray for our enemies and even those who persecute us?
Even Jesus prayed on behalf of those who impaled him asking His Father to forgive them?
How come this man of God is doing just the opposite; cursing kidnappers? How will that change anything? What difference will it make? It's like flogging a dead horse. For anyone to engage in kidnapping, that person must have been a looser. Any curse on such ones is like "cursing th

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by ehissi(m): 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2015
Feranmicharles:

Rather,He'd pray. sad

In matthew 12:34, Jesus Christ knowing the minds of the Pharisees concerning the miracles he performed called them Vipers!! Please is this a prayer or a blessing or a curse!!??

In luke 13:32 when the pharisees asked Jesus to runaway because Herod was out to kill him like he killed John the baptist, Jesus answered and said "Go ye and tell that fox, Behold I cast out devils and I will do cures to day and to morrow and on the third day I will be perfected."

Is "fox" a prayer, a blessing or a curse??

Babies who know nothing about God's word nor God nor Spiritual things but know exactly how every man of God is expected to behave!!
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by ehissi(m): 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2015
BENARI:

How come this man of God is doing just the opposite; cursing kidnappers? How will that change anything? What difference will it make? It's like flogging a dead horse. For anyone to engage in kidnapping, that person must have been a looser. Any curse on such ones is like "cursing the cursed".

Men of god must live and walk in the footsteps of the one they claim to follow.

In matthew 12:34, Jesus Christ knowing the minds of the Pharisees concerning the miracles he performed called them Vipers!! Please is this a prayer or a blessing or a curse!!??

In luke 13:32 when the pharisees asked Jesus to runaway because Herod was out to kill him like he killed John the baptist, Jesus answered and said "Go ye and tell that fox, Behold I cast out devils and I will do cures to day and to morrow and on the third day I will be perfected."

Is "fox" a prayer, a blessing or a curse??

Babies who know nothing about God's word nor God nor Spiritual things but know exactly how every man of God is expected to behave!!
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by bezimo(m): 7:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
Feranmicharles:

Rather,He'd pray. sad

You must be a kidnapper, as bishop said you and your activities are cursed.Watch out.Except you are not one of them
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Ade3000yrs(m): 7:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hmmm, religious confusion

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop T. D. Jakes Arrives Nigeria For COZA Event. Pics With Biodun Fatoyinbo / A Meeting With Dangote Vs Pastor Adeboye: Nigerians Choose / Lagos Socialite - Kayode Badru Burnt Inside Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.