Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy (20955 Views)

Stop Paying Politicians Like Me Jumbo Salary – Ben Bruce Tweets / Labour To Proceed On Strike Tomorrow Over Fuel Hike / Subsidy: Muslims Call On Labour To Dialogue Not Occupy Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Aarenaija: 10:08am On Jun 22, 2015
Na today? NLC can do noting. They are just ranting.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 22, 2015
I am deeply pained reading thru this.. I weep for my generation..we come online, on social media and nairaland, we shout and scream until something else takes our attention we occupy social media instead of the street. What happened to student unionism? What happened to nlc? Don't we have senior advocate of the masses like gani fawenimi anymore? What happened to save Nigeria group? What happened to occupy lagos group?...as much as I love apc, why can't PDP be a viable opposition to keep APc on their toes?..too many questions...it is unacceptable that this group of senators will be collecting this much when states can't pay salaries, but it is more unacceptable that we are only shouting on nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Peaches4Cream: 10:24am On Jun 22, 2015
Its high time we start recalling these sinnators/representathieves back home cuz it seems the only to way to make them come to their senses! Let them know that we voted them entrusting them our future and that of our children not for them to be allotting such jumbo pay to and enriching themselves at the expense of the poor masses they represent...!
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by 989900: 10:26am On Jun 22, 2015
Peaches4Cream:
Its high time we start recalling these sinnators/representathieves back home cuz it seems the only to way to make them come to their senses! Let them know that we voted them entrusting them our future and that of our children not for them to be allotting such jumbo pay to and enriching themselves at the expense of the poor masses they represent...!

I think that option (part in bold), should be included in the constitution.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by visapayless: 10:27am On Jun 22, 2015
ok

Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by funlord(m): 10:59am On Jun 22, 2015
grin Mega kata kiti loading...........kimmon!
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by peeta89(m): 11:13am On Jun 22, 2015
Kingsasian:
I swear if I have my way I would bomb those legislators. They are thieves.
I dey tell u. Na why all these criminals wen dey attack poor masses dey vex me.when they suppose dey attack all dis senators.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Kingsasian(m): 11:16am On Jun 22, 2015
peeta89:
I dey tell u. Na why all these criminals wen dey attack poor masses dey vex me.when they suppose dey attack all dis senators.
Seriously bro, you just talk my mind. Na just to gather some group of guys wey get mind. Send one or two rocket propelled grenade to the NASS buildings during their seating.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by ajumaxbabe(f): 11:26am On Jun 22, 2015
selfish in deed
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by IFELEKE(m): 11:29am On Jun 22, 2015
@Topic,
Threat?
The NLC we have now is as useless as the P in Psychology... All we ever hear are barks with no real bite.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Rainmaker69(m): 11:41am On Jun 22, 2015
donodion:

Unfortunately that "voice lending" is never enough to effect CHANGE in Nigeria. Past experiences have proven this.
Only ACTION does.Yes let the economy be shut down.Airports shut,land borders shut, All education depts. Shut, trade and commerce shut.... Eh hen then they would listen and act immediately.
Let the people pack action to NASS.

#occupyNASS

If you study the process of change, you would note that 'talk' keeps issues in the consciousness of the people. This is more important considering our collective short term memory in this country.
If the issues are discussed and thrashed out intelligently, the right course of action will present itself and people will be better informed.
In this case, IMO, I think this issue should be challenged in court. The thing with many of those cheering NLC on is that they are looking for someone else to fight for them.
If you understand the issues and are passionate enough, take the matter to court. That way you won't be too shocked when NLC leaders are invited to a close door meeting and they emerge dancing azonto.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 22, 2015
989900:

I think that option (part in bold), should be included in the constitution.

Please read Section 69 of our Constitution. It's there. Er just don't pay sufficient tenting to the things.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by ukandi1(m): 11:48am On Jun 22, 2015
This is long overdue. Why did they wait all this long before thinking in this direction?
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by ukandi1(m): 11:53am On Jun 22, 2015
IFELEKE:
@Topic,
Threat?
The NLC we have now is as useless as the P in Psychology... All we ever hear are barks with no real bite.

Gbuammmmmmm
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by ayusco85(m): 11:58am On Jun 22, 2015
Mattkent:
I agree there should be equitable distribution of wealth. minimum wage is 18,000, just imagine?!

So we are slaves right? why they that earn such ridiculous salaries are what?

* I have an infinix hot note for sale. just two weeks old. with full accessories.

Hw much?
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by peeta89(m): 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
Kingsasian:
Seriously bro, you just talk my mind. Na just to gather some group of guys wey get mind. Send one or two rocket propelled grenade to the NASS buildings during their seating
na d thing be dat. Kus all dis money wen dem dey collect too large e come dey make me feel say all these money no dey real.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by formerlyMbulela: 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
So the moderators on this forum and the blog owner decided to ban me simply because I called them silly?
Quoting rule 20 for me? The silliness seems to be getting worse.
What is not silly about allowing ethnic jingoists to run amok all over the forum trolling decent threads with ethnic divisive comments?
What is not silly about the double opt-in you have in the Islamic section but leaving the rest of the religious section open for all?
What is not silly about allowing scam artistes to troll every decent thread with all sorts of bogus schemes including penile elongation and delayed orgasms.
What is not silly about every thread being turned to a market hub where every imaginable item is advertised?
What is not silly about every childish topic being moved to the fromt page and the infantile trend of space booking being permitted?
The moderators and the owner of the forum (whatever he is named) spend loads of time chasing members to ban while the forum is going to the dogs.

Kindly extend that ban to 2034 because I have no intention of returning and you can also ban this account after reading this.
You lot can keep exciting yourselves and deriving orgasmi.c pleasure from your bans and unbanning.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Kingsasian(m): 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
peeta89:
na d thing be dat. Kus all dis money wen dem dey collect too large e come dey make me feel say all these money no dey real.
lol
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Akinz0126(m): 12:30pm On Jun 22, 2015
Less talk more actions let's show this new administration that we mean business and we are wiser now.Saraki thought he could maintain the status quo by going their to amass wealth for himself and his fellow crew @the expense of suffering and hungry teachers.Team mass protest against this Rubbers then they'll take us serious
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by searay(m): 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
after this, ASSU or whatever should join
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Joseosas(m): 2:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
NLC that has not finished sorting their own internal crises.
They should lemme know when they are serious
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by klarke(m): 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
DankemzI:

Even that 50billion is too much
Gbam!
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by effectchange: 3:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
bukason212:
We have heard enough. No need for this analysis. We already knw their salaries and allowances is milking our country dry but do we keep talking ? NO. We need the pay cut to be implemented
who will implement it? The same selfish group or ordinary civilians. Some people have no conscience. With all these high level of poverty everywhere, someone will conveniently pocket this huge sum. I fear this country!
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by donodion(m): 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
Rainmaker69:

If you study the process of change, you would note that 'talk' keeps issues in the consciousness of the people. This is more important considering our collective short term memory in this country.
If the issues are discussed and thrashed out intelligently, the right course of action will present itself and people will be better informed.
In this case, IMO, I think this issue should be challenged in court. The thing with many of those cheering NLC on is that they are looking for someone else to fight for them.
If you understand the issues and are passionate enough, take the matter to court. That way you won't be too shocked when NLC leaders are invited to a close door meeting and they emerge dancing azonto.
Bro all you stated above is practicable in a country with regard and respect to the judiciary.
How many among the lawmakers could effectively quote 3 sections of our constitution off hand?.
Issues tendered in court more than often get thwarted or thrown out once it has to do with people in power.That's why radicalism is the only option masses have.
Someone or some group have to spearhead this,else Nigerians would keep shouting and as always resort to " God come and help us".
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Kingspin(m): 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
Kingsasian:
I swear if I have my way I would bomb those legislators. They are thieves.
What Boko haram should doing no wonder why they are most useless and senseless group.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by AdeniyiA(m): 4:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
The most shameful nd insensitive part are the ex-governors who are still collecting jumbo salaries and emoluments from their states but can't refuse to collect such allowances &salaries from the Senate angry
I think evil spirits needed to be casted out of these people and Nigeria needs a revolution for these national abnormalies angry
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by kabnafs(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
These allowances are unsustainable. They are not based on needs in a depressed economy.

“For instance, why pay legislators who already collected over a million naira wardrobe allowance?

“It will take a minimum wage earner about two years and five months to earn what legislators earn as wardrobe allowance of N506,600.

”The eighth National Assembly should rightly redirect national resources to priority sectors, such as education, health and road construction.

“The assembly must also urgently review the minimum Wage Act of 2010 which, according to the Act, expires next mon....if they can take a pay cut, they should resign
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by kabnafs(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
These allowances are unsustainable. They are not based on needs in a depressed economy.

“For instance, why pay legislators who already collected over a million naira wardrobe allowance?

“It will take a minimum wage earner about two years and five months to earn what legislators earn as wardrobe allowance of N506,600.

”The eighth National Assembly should rightly redirect national resources to priority sectors, such as education, health and road construction.

“The assembly must also urgently review the minimum Wage Act of 2010 which, according to the Act, expires next mon....if they cant take a pay cut, they should resign
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Kingsasian(m): 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
Kingspin:
What Boko haram should doing no wonder why they are most useless and senseless group.
exactly. Even our so called militants in the creeks should make them their targets. If those thieves are not killed or attacked they will never stop milking the nation dry.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by ollyruffy: 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
Anybody that believe in Nigerian Labour Congress can believe 2020 as the end of this world.

They are only looking for their own share.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by PLEXPLEX(m): 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
50% PAY CUT IS PROPER. IF THEY REFUSE, THE NIGERIA MASSES MUST STAGE A BIG PROTEST TO OCCUPYING THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY JUST LIKE WE DID DURING THE( GOOD INTENTION) SUBSIDY REMOVAL PROTEST OF THE GEJ GOVERNMENT
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Kaymus(m): 8:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
Dahjhi:
NLC should have been the best tool in cutting down this pay.. But who are the NLC.. These greedy gluttons..? I don't think we have a functioning one again. With whats happening in Osun and other states..

You are absolutely right my dear. Imagine a take home pay of a level five local goverment Civil Servant in Lagos State earning just N22,000 as total salary. Now, how will such a person survive? With a wife and children at home. And the so called Union (I mean Lagos chapter of NLC) are so useless! They are only interested in their pocket. They have been bribed, we are just suffering.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Armed Policemen Still Guard Melaye In Hospital / Fayemi’s Deputy Reveals How Fayose’s Last-minute Plan Failed / EFCC Interrogates Mohammed Sani-Omolori National Assembly Clerk, Seizes Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.