Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,343 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank (761 Views)

Court Sets Date For Aderinokun’s Daughter’s Suit Against Gtbank / Screenshot: A Customer's Complaint On Gtbank FB Wall / Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by wewe1(m): 7:52am On Jun 22, 2015
Nigeria’s first indigenous automobile manufacturer, Innoson Motors Nigeria Limited, has slammed a N30 billion suit against Guarantee Trust Bank, GTB, as a result of damages the company suffered following an ex parte order of Mareva Injunction, which GTB applied and obtained, freezing Innoson’s accounts in all the banks in Nigeria.

However, on June 10, Justice Saliu Saidu of the Federal High Court, Lagos, in a considered ruling set aside the ex parte order of September 1, 2014 and the writ of summons as well. The running legal battle between Innoson and GTB started when Innoson challenged the action of Nigerian Customs Service for auctioning its goods.

In a Garnishee Order Absolute, the court had ordered GTB to pay Innoson N2,048,737,443.67 from Customs account. Rather than comply with the Garnishee Order Absolute of the court, GTB on February 6, 2015 appealed the judgment, but the Court of Appeal in Appeal no. CA/1/258/2011 affirmed the judgment of the Federal High Court and ordered GTB to pay the judgment debt of N2,048,737,443.67 to Innoson.

GTB, instead, appealed to the Supreme Court against the Court of Appeal’s decision. In another suit, Innoson sued GTB for imposing excess

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/innoson-slams-n30-billion-suit-on-gtbank/#sthash.dQWjUgGt.dpuf
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by missbehave247(m): 8:01am On Jun 22, 2015
Baba innoson, GTB will pay both that amount is much
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by rawtouch: 8:16am On Jun 22, 2015
Let me quickly move all my cash from GTB before they use it to pay INNOSON

Account officer I'm on my way ooo
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by emmadejust(m): 8:17am On Jun 22, 2015

the way custom officers seized and auction goods of business owner is very frustrating and intimidating, I don't think they know the amount it takes a business to raise money and import goods they are seizing .
I think it's right time businesses owners and importers to start backing up their transaction with strong union lawyers and associations policy which guide

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by emmadejust(m): 8:17am On Jun 22, 2015
grin

most bank are not meeting up to their promise to customers for secured and value added services to all their customers
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by barry40: 8:40am On Jun 22, 2015
What is happening at GTBank? I have been reading about different legal issue against the bank. I hope they won't bring this bank down. If it is processes, GTBank should look inward and sanitize.

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by coolebux(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2015
Bankruptcy Alert!!!!
All GTB customers this is a good time to port to safer banks

(1) (Reply)

Urgently In Need Of Stanbic IBTC Account Holder / Paypal Now Reject Payoneer? / Trading Farm Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.