Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,293 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More (10786 Views)

I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / How Should I Pay My Tithe? / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by davido0849: 10:35am On Jun 22, 2015
Pls advice me on this... I prefer giving my tithe to my parents cos they needs it more. Is it wrong? Is it a sin? I can't just imagine giving tithe to the church when my parents needs it more. I seriously hope God understands.
Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by raayah(f): 10:36am On Jun 22, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by maverickdude(m): 10:41am On Jun 22, 2015
if that gives them joy and ur heart is pure with it.....i dnt see that as something bad
Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by davido0849: 10:45am On Jun 22, 2015
Thanks bro @maverickdude
Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by davido0849: 10:49am On Jun 22, 2015
@ Rayaah. U're funny. Lol! Let's be serious jare. Anyways, indirectly i got ur point. Thanks
Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by ammyluv2002(f): 10:49am On Jun 22, 2015
So you think giving your Parents just 10%of the money you make in a month is the way out? Bros, think again....

Btw, i wonder why we always want to justify our actions with the hope that "God will understand"
It's very clear "bring you all the tithes into the storehouse. ....." why do we bend certain laws to please ourselves? Dude, if you are not ready to give God your 10% then forget about it. Don't use your parents as an excuse

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by AZeD1(m): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2015
Your answer can be found here
"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
"

4 Likes

Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
ammyluv2002:
So you think giving your Parents just 10%of the money you make in a month is the way out? Bros, think again....

Btw, i wonder why we always want to justify our actions with the hope that "God will understand"
It's very clear "bring you all the tithes into the storehouse. ....." why do we bend certain laws to please ourselves? Dude, if you are not ready to give God your 10% then forget about it. Don't use your parents as an excuse

On the contrary it is tithe preachers that bend certain laws to please themselves. Biblical tithe was not money and it was not from income and neither was it directed to christians but to the israelites. Christians are not under the law but under grace so we have no business tithing.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by sunmarouk(m): 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
AZeD1:
Your answer can be found here
"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
"

God bless U my brother, you have said it all. That means its a sin for you not to involve in kingdom investment, am talking about assissting financially in God's business. Its also an avenue for you to be blessed beyond measures in return.(the lord has not called the children of jacob to seek him in vain), so there is always a reward. Its a principle of financial prospeerity(U cant be blessed without giving). The bible said, prove me this day(ur tithe), if i wil not open the window of heaven upon you, and pour out blessings that you wont have enuf room to hold it. Thats the benefit of paying ur tithe.
And also, there is always a place for ur parent, dont get it twisted, when Jesus Christ was asked similar question on shuld they pay task to their govt, his reply was "give to ceaser what belongs to ceasar and to God what belongs to him". If you are caught in-between, in my opinion i wil say, take care of God business first, and then watch God take care of ur family business(if you do it with sincere hrt)
Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by Blackfire(m): 3:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
Not again
Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by Ade345(m): 5:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
Acts 2:44-47. There we read of how first century Christians sold some of their possession so that it can be distributed amongst all, such that no one would lack sustenance. Everyone on this thread would agree that Christianity started when the Christ came into this world as a human. Now tell me where Jesus instructed us to pay tithe. And where in the bible from Matthew to Revelation that servants of God are told to pay tithes?
Gal 3:24&25. There we are given enlightenment that the mosaic law only led to the Christ, it served as a tutor for people aspiring to serve God. But servants of God are now under a new commandment of love as instructed by the Christ when he came to the earth (John 13:34&35).
So Christians of today are not under any obligation to pay tithes, just as they are not under any obligation to carry out animal sacrifices.
Please note what the account of James 1:27 say the kind of worship that is pleasing to God is to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation and to keep oneself spot free from the world.
Please recall the words of Prophet Samuel to disobedient King Saul: “Does Jehovah take as much pleasure in burnt offerings and sacrificese as in obeying the voice of Jehovah? Look! To obey is better than a sacrifice, and to pay attention than the fat of rams.
Just obeying Jah's instructions (as found in the bible) is enough to gain God's approval.....

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
davido0849:
Pls advice me on this... I prefer giving my tithe to my parents cos they needs it more. Is it wrong? Is it a sin? I can't just imagine giving tithe to the church when my parents needs it more. I seriously hope God understands.

And your parents pay their tithe to who?
Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by Anas09: 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
Silly childrend. Your parents failed in bringing u up in the ways that you shd go.
Shouldn't you find out what the Bible says abt tithing? What are the spiritual significance of Tithing?
Do u remember the book of Malachi? The book that really talks abt tithe? Chapter 2:2 says, "IF you'll not hear and will not lay it to heart to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of host, I will even send a curse upon u, and I will curse your blessings, yea, I have cursed you already.
God says "go right, you say you prefer to left. Have you considered why in ur family nothing works except u put ur hands in evil? You r doing business, you must lie, cheat, steal, give and take bribe. Babalawo or fake prophet or prophetess knows abt it? I know you don't know what Covenant wealth is. Where u can genuinely make wealth without the above mentioned.
Check ur family tree. See how difficult things are, its because u have brought a curse upon urselve by not regading the instructions of God.
Did the Bible say give ur Tithes to ur parents? The poor and needy? Did it not say bring it into my house? Keep following this seeds of Satan and walk straight to hell.
Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by maverickdude(m): 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
davido0849:
Thanks bro @maverickdude
uwc
Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by brocab: 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
Are you a money tither?
Anas09:
Silly childrend. Your parents failed in bringing u up in the ways that you shd go.
Shouldn't you find out what the Bible says abt tithing? What are the spiritual significance of Tithing?
Do u remember the book of Malachi? The book that really talks abt tithe? Chapter 2:2 says, "IF you'll not hear and will not lay it to heart to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of host, I will even send a curse upon u, and I will curse your blessings, yea, I have cursed you already.
God says "go right, you say you prefer to left. Have you considered why in ur family nothing works except u put ur hands in evil? You r doing business, you must lie, cheat, steal, give and take bribe. Babalawo or fake prophet or prophetess knows abt it? I know you don't know what Covenant wealth is. Where u can genuinely make wealth without the above mentioned.
Check ur family tree. See how difficult things are, its because u have brought a curse upon urselve by not regading the instructions of God.
Did the Bible say give ur Tithes to ur parents? The poor and needy? Did it not say bring it into my house? Keep following this seeds of Satan and walk straight to hell.
Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by brocab: 12:02am On Jun 23, 2015
I'm sure the Lord does understand, and He knows your support is keeping your family alive.
That's the true meaning what tithes were used for, back in the old testament tithing was only used to support the poor and the needy.
These day's tithing is no-longer needed-back in the old testament the law was our tutor, and now Christ has risen, we no-longer need that tutor.
You Don't need to follow that old law any-longer-just follow after your own heart, and give.

Your honesty had woken up the dead, and those who follow after the money tithing system, that's not scriptural ' have only risen' because the money word had been said.
Do what the Lord told you to do, when you give follow your own heart.

davido0849:
Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 23, 2015
davido0849:

You wanna go to Hell of Fire?
Re: Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More by brocab: 5:37am On Jun 23, 2015
ifeness:

You wanna go to Hell of Fire?

(1) (Reply)

Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? / Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.