Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) (71721 Views)

Please What Can I Use For My Skin That Harshly Reacts To Mosquito Bite / Man Escapes Death After An Insect Bite In Rivers State (Photos) / Female Medical Doctor Dies In Warri After Her Return From Ukraine. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Topkush: 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
otiigba1:
very true, had an encounter meself, luckily i made it, am worried though because am planing to take me son 3 years old mixed raced to nigeria this xmas this news have now got me even more worried
Whose son is that? Mixed race? To nigeria? I don't understand
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by otiigba1(m): 6:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
Topkush:

Whose son is that? Mixed race? To nigeria? I don't understand
my son mixed race, his mother is white,i am nigerian by origin, you understand? He is going to nigeria to see his grandmother
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by hamsong: 6:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
kokoA:
Na wah o.. Malaria don start to kill to

Ignorance is a disease
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by obaival(m): 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
she don die?

i nid an answa
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by shynegold: 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Witchcraft spirit don suck her blood and inflict sickness on her. grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Chinatownm(m): 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
olapluto:
What a silly news. She died in Turkey as a result of illness. This has nothing to do with Nigeria. Malaria is not a new disease. If Turkish hospitals cannot treat malaria, na dem kill her.
These 1kobo blogs self.

Lmao. My guy no mind d story teller. He tinks we are in here for folk tales.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Ibime(m): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
Yes, one of my colleagues died of Malaria 2 years ago after a volunteering trip to Sierra Leone. He was so sick in UK, they flew him to South Africa for treatment, although I suspect he would have had a better chance if treated in a West African country.

Malaria dey kill Oyinbo man no doubt.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by EmekaBlue(m): 6:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nonsense..na she b d only oyibo wey naija mosquito don bite..RIP tho
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by lagcity(m): 7:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
Kai, a lot of ppl on this thread are ignorant about Malaria. Malaria is deadly.

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Aida13: 8:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
allycat:
Malaria is a deadly disease to people that do not have immunity. In children it is one of the top causes of death in the sub Saharan region because of their lack of immunity. The average adult Nigerian has been exposed and developed such immunity that's why it doesn't kill us so easily. Ask any Nigerian abroad who has been diagnosed with malaria especially in the UK and Europe,they are quarantined and treated as if they have a mild form of Ebola. Evenamongst pregnant adult Nigerian women malaria related deaths are not uncommon.

Very correct... Malaria is so extinct in some countries that diagnosing and treating it is almost impossible. Sad for the woman.

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
This one no get level oo
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by kayalla(f): 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
every bad news they must find way to add Nigeria inside.

make dem tell us wetin kill the woman joor. abi na she be the first oyibo to visit Nigeria.

RIP though
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by chris4gold(m): 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
This actually reminded of what happened to my formal boss wife, whose wife came to spent three night with her husband at IITA and latter gave up life on her returned back to UK.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by gantic: 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
allycat:
Malaria is a deadly disease to people that do not have immunity. In children it is one of the top causes of death in the sub Saharan region because of their lack of immunity. The average adult Nigerian has been exposed and developed such immunity that's why it doesn't kill us so easily. Ask any Nigerian abroad who has been diagnosed with malaria especially in the UK and Europe,they are quarantined and treated as if they have a mild form of Ebola. Evenamongst pregnant adult Nigerian women malaria related deaths are not uncommon.

God bless you...considering we are living in a malaria region, kinda scary the kind of comments showing people don't really know the disease. Guess there should be a whole new education campaign on malaria.
The airline should be sued, it is basic responsibility to ensure any staff travelling to a malaria region is loaded with chemoprophylaxis. And if there was any training, she would have known to mention malaria to the doctors rather than get misdiagnosed for flu. Malaria getting to that stage for a non-immune is as good as death.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by supereagle(m): 9:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
PointB:
Ordinary Malaria that is bread and butter here? undecided undecided
No drug for treatment of malaria in oyinbo land. Some doctors don't even see malaria drugs in their lives.

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by tola9ja: 9:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
PointB:

exemen see what you don adapt to

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Realist1(m): 9:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
allycat:

This is so true ,I have a relation abroad that explained this to me.We adult that have been exposed to Malaria, have some form of partial resistance/immunity against Malaria that is why it doesn't kill African adults easily having been exposed to Malaria several times over the years.To the foreigners/whites it is very deadly it kills them easily if swift action is not taken. He said they fear Malaria abroad like HIV. Rest in peace beautiful one.

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by exemen: 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
tola9ja:

exemen see what you don adapt to

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by onwpaua20210(m): 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
Wia d mosquito na?
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Babe2sure(f): 9:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
My white boss that just flew into Nigeria for the first time on saturday, complained of mosquito bite to me today. I was just laughing inwardly.

The mosquitoes welcomed her to Nigeria ni.

Okay. With this news, I will take her serious and explain to her tomorrow,how to reduce, if not prevent mosquito bite totally..
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by tola9ja: 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
[quote author=exemen post=35043427][/quote]

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by zingov: 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
PointB:
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by mustafo: 10:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
What a story!

So of all the places she had been flying to, she was sure it was a Nigerian mosquito that committed this murder?

Can you identify the particular mosquito?

RIP.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
kokoA:
Na wah o.. Malaria don start to kill to
Malaria kills more people than HIV/AIDS.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by bolajeebabz(m): 11:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
allycat:
thank you o jere... see how nairalanders are displaying their ignorance..
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by bolajeebabz(m): 11:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
In fact, many foreigners do go through prophylaxis drugs, once they knew they are heading to malaria-prone country such in west Africa.. because the particular parasites can be strange to their immune system and this makes it deadly for them.

Malaria can be an ordinary to us in Africa and it can as well be an instant killer to the foreigners.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Evaromantik(m): 6:46am On Jun 23, 2015
Nawa o........why mentionning Nigerian mosquito nah?.this mosquito wey dey bite me in hundred different places everyday?........abeg mek una do research well.....nobi our mosquito kill am
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by 400billionman: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2015
PointB:

Where ?

I don't play with mosquitoes and houseflies. Not for harm sake but their disturbance..
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by tolex09(m): 9:35am On Jun 23, 2015
Na wa oo
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by omaji53jeremiah: 9:37am On Jun 23, 2015
do not believe that story.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by sixtus3606(m): 10:06am On Jun 23, 2015
metroparrot:
http://www.metronaija.com/2015/06/photos-mosquitoes-bite-oyibo-woman-to.html
MOSQUITO be like: don't tet me..if you test me you gonna quit!

BTW those mosquito(es) need to be charged to court for manslaughter!
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
PointB:

Dont forget its also a more faster killer than HIV

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

74 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Kano Confirmed By Governor Ganduje / Photos: Checkout The Top 10 Heaviest And Fattest People Ever Lived. / Coronavirus: Panda Supermarket, Abuja Shut Down By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.