Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points (61919 Views)

Ortom Orders Removal Of His Name From Wheelbarrows, Hoes / Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by denedene(m): 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
wrong move.... omo no road trips again, abeg bubu reconsider
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
okonelfg:
more dramas yet to unfold
BH will have a field day on defenceless civilians now, I'm still baffled with this Daura President

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by muhyeenisce(m): 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
barcanista:
Where did we wrong President Muhammadu Buhari?
google
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by doctokwus: 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
I doubt if PMB wouldn't have noted the poor state of the police before making this critical decision.
But most importantly,let's await the details of d decision before making any informed comments.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by TheAdvocate(m): 6:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
I told yu before!
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
nationwide1:

You're right my brother but I tell you some parts of Nigeria are as unsafe as northeast.

How many killings perpetrated by 'Fulani' have you heard being reported from north central and some parts of Taraba Statnortheast or none. Because people only talk about northeast.

But I tell you the killings are going on and some have to leave their homes. Can our police manage that level of crisis?
The withdrawal should be gradual not abruptly.

Nigeria security is more of reactive than being proactive. It's time to invest in intelligence gathering by concerned agencies not the usual kill them approach by the soldiers.there are thousands of soldiers in Borno state yet people die of suicide bombong on a daily babsis.

This is why shekau is yet to be caught because finding him is left in the hands of the military. The USA was able to catch Bin Laen through intelligence and only struck after it was confirmed. That's the type of security Nigeria should be planning.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Abba999(f): 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
ASAbraham:
Tank God for dis wise order frm PMB. Atleast I will be more focus in maiduguri wit real military work. Its never d duty of we soldiers manning check points but because d police failed woefully in dis aspect. IGP Arase would restore d police in d rght tract

Are you a soldier?
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Rotimi47: 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
CR77:
Old pa Buhari this is not our problem for now

Pls focus on how to make 1$ equal to 1naira

OMG Boko Haram free access into south east and south south
you're wicked! You want all the militants to run into Cameroon after 5 or 6 military engagements with boko haram?
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by utytill(m): 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
Army,navy and airforce d secure nigeria pipelines and police d secure nigeria citizens i.e aboki value pipelines pass you.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
lomprico:

Are ur police up-to-date in tacking crime pn d high way?? How often do u hear of robberies on d highway?

Stop hyping the military. Many Nigerians have complained that the soldiers on the highway don't do any search instead just constitute nuisance by creating unnecessary traffic jam and extort innocent Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Realsolo: 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
My people. Think positive. Let's continue to pray for this great nation as PMB faces to tackle security challenges. This is the core and primary responsibility of a president. I don't think it's a bad move to make after all, there has never been a democratic nation where military will be used for internal security.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
I tire for this people. What are the police doing for God seek sef. Just harassing people. Let them face internal security joor.

Bluetooth2:

Nigeria beside the NE is not a war zone. Why should it be heavily militarized ?
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by kodlins(f): 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bluetooth2:

It is not heavily militarized.

The military presence on the highways have virtually eliminated highway robberies

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Abba999(f): 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Is South Africa a developed country ? Is China a developed country ? Is Abu Dhabi a developed country ?

Now tell me if these country even have military checkpoints talk less of deploying soldiers to mount them. The fact that Nigeria has done it for years doesn't make it right.

Stop comparing. The countries u mentioned are developing countries as they chose to refer to themselves. But your nigeria is an underdevoped country.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by amanze15(m): 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
If you enter federal highway police hand, u go love army grin , those ediots once made every passenger bus coming through their check point stop and every passenger was searched from top to bottom...
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by azimibraun: 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
Are the military supposed to be at the checkpoints; Yes or No? Are u guys aware of what happened in plateau as it concerns the military and the civilian populace? We all will agree that we no longer have confidence in our military. I wll hardly argue with PMB on any issue that concerns the military. He has a better knowledge on that than me.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Osgee(m): 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
Badgers14:

PMB's decision is very plausible. Except from Boko Haram infested states, i see no reason why military should be on the streets.

The streets are for the police becuase they are better trained to interact with civilians in day to day activities unlike the military.
What do u call day to day interaction? Shooting innocent drivers 'cos of N20? Or running away and leaving the people at the mercy of criminals?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by baralatie(m): 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
eehhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
buygala:
I am no expert on security issues, but this doesn't look good from whatever standpoint I choose to look at it sad

Nigeria is on terror alert and some peeps, like the op above me, are busy yapping about the provisions of the Constitution. undecided....Of what use is the Constitution to a dead citizen? ... The Constitution can properly be set aside on grounds of overriding Public interest..And the current Nigerian situation isn't one where we should allow the Constitution jeopardize our chances of survival both as individuals and as a nation sad

The Nigerian Police is presently physically and emotionally unequipped to properly handle armed robberies, much less terrorists who are almost always out-gunning trained soldiers .... What seems proper to me is that soldiers keep on maintaining internal security, while the Police Force is then properly re-oriented and equipped to take over its Constitutional duties... Because I am already shuddering at the prospect of drunk, and lily-livered Police men manning our state Borders and other sensitive internal areas embarassed

is it just me, or is Baba really going senile?
It is just you.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by emerged01(m): 6:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
Gbam!!!! I support
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by bloodkiller: 6:30pm On Jun 22, 2015
barcanista:
Where did we wrong President Muhammadu Buhari?

the Daura President illiterate terrorist kunu sipping monkey

has no clue what he just did

may be to give way for more terrorist because

Buhari is a terrorist

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by bloodkiller: 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bluetooth2:

to avoid bokoharam entering into other territories

ode
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by B69U: 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
BUHARI IS A TERRORIST. SIMPLE!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by AlPeter: 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
lawanson44:

What's the common sense in it? |Explain why the Police will tackle this problem more than the Army. You just typed "Common sense is not common" while you hold foolishness in your left hand and stupidity in your right hand .

you see your life exposing your lack of a functional cerebellum to the entire world..... ehn, ok let me educate you small.
The president didn't order the police to take over the war against BokoHaram instead he ordered the removal of military Road Blocks while asking the police to take over internal security. this move i believe is to make the military focus more on the fight against insurgency in the country. now, this decision was not made overnight it was a joint decision arrived at after having a five hour meeting
with the service chiefs.
The Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Defence, Ismail Aliyu, has this to say, “The President has instructed the Chief of Defence Staff to get the Chief of Army Staff and Inspector General of Police to remove all the military men along the road across the country. The Nigerian Armed Forces are very ready, we have briefed him. One most interesting thing about it is that we are going out much happier because he has shown to us that he is still a soldier, he has updated and enriched our strategic plans."
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Badgers14: 6:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
Osgee:

What do u call day to day interaction? Shooting innocent drivers 'cos of N20? Or running away and leaving the people at the mercy of criminals?

Soldiers do shot drivers for N20 too, and military do run away from criminals too. but sir, you missed the point. Military are not "trained" to deal with civilians while police are trained to deal with civilians. A military officer does not have any business on the streets except in war zone or a serious national threat. In industrialized nations, military are never on the streets but police are.

Thank you.

Badgers14 cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
He has never hidden his disdain whenever army launch attack on Bh
bloodkiller:

the Daura President illiterate terrorist kunu sipping monkey

has no clue what he just did

may be to give way for more terrorist because

Buhari is a terrorist

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Ofeakwu(m): 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
No be change una want!, pa Buhari carry go jor no be them vote u in!!. Change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![color=#000099][/color] shocked

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Jumpovame: 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
Confusion break bone,double wahala for dead body & the owners of dead body.Abeg wia chemist dey for ds nairaland?
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by MrP7: 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
My goodness Buhari again
The Police that take bribe and can't enforce anything
Wasn't it these same policemen that connived with kidnappers and thieves
This Military at least put things in order
We should cry for Nigeria
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Yeeyo: 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
President buhari oda d removal of chckin poin 4 his boys 2 hav acess 4 kilin n distruction........

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Badgers14: 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
barcanista:
He has never hidden his disdain whenever army launch attack on Bh

source

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bayo Omoboriowo Visits Aro Long Juju Tourist Site In Abia With His Team (Photos) / Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria / Nigerian Man Breaches Protocol, Attempts To Approach Tinubu On Stage(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.