Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,420 members, 7,836,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service (2243 Views)

APC Rejects Senator Theodore Orji, Former Abia Governor / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor / Gov. Ikpeazu Cuts Own Salary, Travelling Allowance By 50% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has placed himself on half salary and cut his travelling allowances by 50% until the salaries and allowances owed workers are cleared.

Governor Ikpeazu disclosed this today, at the Government House, Umuahia during the swearing-in of the state new Head of Service (HOS) Dr. Vivian Uma.

He said that he is pained by the development and promised to do everything to ensure that salaries and allowances of workers in the state for the last three months are systematically cleared.

He called on other appointees who can to follow his example and stressed that there was need to cut down on the cost of governance.

The Governor congratulated the new Head of Service on his appointment which he described as a milestone, pointing out that the appointment is part of his government’s desire to reinvigorate the civil service.

He said he expects the Abia civil service to be more proactive for the challenges ahead.

He charged the new Head of service to look for innovative ways of doing things especially in terms of shoring up the internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the state.

In his acceptance speech, the new head of service, Dr. Vivian Uma promised to bring positive transformation to the civil service as discipline and sound ethical conduct will be enthroned into the service for greater service delivery.

He thanked the Governor for appointing him and promised to be loyal and supportive of his administration.

Source: http://universalreporters247.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Ikpeazuu.jpg?2de410

Daily Trust. http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/57856-abia-governor-cuts-own-salary-by-half

In other News;

Abia State Government bans illegal taxation, multiple taxation and illegal dues/levies collection.

It has come to the notice of the Abia State Government that despite the ban on multiple taxation and illegal collection of dues, levies and tolls, some miscreants and their agents have continued to go contrary to this government directive, both in
Aba and Umuahia metropolis. For the avoidance of doubt, the government is hereby re- confirming to the general public that it is only two government agencies that have so far been verified, authorized and
mandated to collect levies and dues on behalf of government. These two agencies of government are: Abia State Passengers Integrated Manifest
and Safety Scheme (ASPIMSS) and the Physical Planning Industrial
Development Fund (PPIDF) The general public are, by this notice, mandated to continue to pay their normal levies to these two agencies of government. Any other group, individuals or agents, outside of these two
authorized government agencies, who have continued to defy the
government order are again warned to desist from their illegal and unlawful acts. Already, a special security task force have started apprehending such culprits and they will face the full weight of the law.
The general public are, therefore, reminded that the current state
government is taking the issue of taxation and revenue collection with serious concern and will take firm and legitimate measures to bring order and decorum to this important sector of our state economy.
Godwin Adindu
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor.
Special Taskforce contact
number: 0806 299 8944

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good move from his excellency...

I hope these Governors will also cut their security vote?

3 Likes

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
The new Head of Service is Mr V.C. Uma from Ohafia LGA.
Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
barcanista:
Good move from his excellency...

I hope these Governors will also cut their security vote?
Seconded,that security vote is a huge sum of money,I wonder why some governors continue to loot after receiving such amount as pocket money

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ponponkon:
Seconded,that security vote is a huge sum of money,I wonder why some governors continue to loot after receiving such amount as pocket money
None of them wan touch their security votes. The salary na peanut

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ishilove and lalasticlala ,Abia State has gotten for itself a talk na do governor. Abeg spread the good news

1 Like

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 5:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
In a related development;

Abia State Government bans illegal taxation, multiple taxation and illegal dues/levies collection. It has come to the notice of the Abia State Government that despite the ban on multiple taxation and illegal collection of dues, levies and tolls, some miscreants and their agents have continued to go contrary to this government directive, both in
Aba and Umuahia metropolis. For the avoidance of doubt, the government is hereby re- confirming to the general public that it is only two government agencies that have so far been verified, authorized and
mandated to collect levies and dues on behalf of government. These two agencies of government are: Abia State Passengers Integrated Manifest
and Safety Scheme (ASPIMSS) and the Physical Planning Industrial
Development Fund (PPIDF) The general public are, by this notice, mandated to continue to pay their normal levies to these two agencies of government. Any other group, individuals or agents, outside of these two
authorized government agencies, who have continued to defy the
government order are again warned to desist from their illegal and unlawful acts. Already, a special security task force have started apprehending such culprits and they will face the full weight of the law.
The general public are, therefore, reminded that the current state
government is taking the issue of taxation and revenue collection with serious concern and will take firm and legitimate measures to bring order and decorum to this important sector of our state economy.

Godwin Adindu
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor.
Special Taskforce contact
number: 0806 299 8944

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
barcanista:
None of them wan touch their security votes. The salary na peanut
Exactly bros

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 5:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
madridsta007 your mama's pension is about to be paid. We're tired of this your cry cry .

1 Like

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by ndufrank: 5:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
SO A GOOD THING LIKE THIS COULD COME OUT OF THAT THIEF OCHENDO T A ORJI? CONGRAS NDI ABIA IF THIS ONE IS NOT INTIAL GRA GRA
Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by levelszik(m): 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good one from Dr. Ikpeazu, unlike the broom wielding monster with a strange looking goatie down south.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
CaptainOjemba asha80 lalasticlala Seun seun Ishilove , the most outstanding governor in Nigeria has done it again.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
ndufrank:
SO A GOOD THING LIKE THIS COULD COME OUT OF THAT THIEF OCHENDO T A ORJI? CONGRAS NDI ABIA IF THIS ONE IS NOT INTIAL GRA GRA
FrankAba1,Ikpeazu did not come from Your Ochendo,he bought the expression of interest form just like every other PDP aspirant including Otti. And he won the primary election as well as the guber election due to his popularity among the masses. Quit linking our son with TA Orji.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by ndufrank: 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ponponkon:
FrankAba1,Ikpeazu did not come from Your Ochendo,he bought the expression of interest form just like every other PDP aspirant including Otti. And he won the primary election as well as the guber election due to his popularity among the masses. Quit linking our son with TA Orji.
AM NOT THE PERSON YOU TOOK ME AS ALL I KNW IS THAT OCHENDO WAS BEHIND IKPEAZU EMERGENCE BUT IKPEAZU SEEM TO BE DOING WELL FOR NOW

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by asha80(m): 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ponponkon:
ta orji backed ikpeazu..stop denying the obvious

1 Like

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 6:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
asha80:
ta orji backed ikpeazu..stop denying the obvious
My dear,the UkwaNgwa political block was the only external body that sponsored Dr Ikpeazu's electioneering campaign,every other kobo spent came out of Dr okezie's pocket.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by konjakonja(m): 6:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
This Okezie Ikpeazu came at the right time to save Abia from ridicule.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 6:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ishilove lalasticlala Ishilove lalasticlala Ishilove lalasticlala Ishisomething lalasticlala Ishilove lasticlala.
Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Nossa(m): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by madridsta007(m): 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ponponkon:
madridsta007 your mama's pension is about to be paid. We're tired of this your cry cry .

LOL. Don't worry, my dear friend. My mum is 6000 miles away from Abia's airspace, comfortable, healthy and working, thank God.

But thousands of civil servants, pensioners and corp members do not enjoy what is supposed to be a norm and not an inconsistent privilege because of their legal dues- salaries, arreas, etc- are being owned them.

And for almost a year- for some arrears over two years.

Let the incumbent government have a human heart and pay up. That is his responsibility.

Hope you are having a good day? And can see how civil my replies are? I believe you can maintain it that way.

Cheers, mate.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by madridsta007(m): 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ponponkon:
My dear,the UkwaNgwa political block was the only external body that sponsored Dr Ikpeazu's electioneering campaign,every other kobo spent came out of Dr okezie's pocket.

Hahahaha!

Do you think ANYONE actually believes this?

1 Like

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by ihedinobi2: 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
If it's true it's a very good development. I did a double take at the part about his advising other "appointees who CAN" to follow his example. Is he the Chief Executive or the Chief Adviser? Is it not within his ability as Governor to cut the salaries and benefits of all political officeholders within the state to accommodate emergent economic realities? Also, how much exactly does that make his salary and other allowance(s)? It could still be scandalous even at 50%. But the gesture is worth commending.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
lalasticlala please don't tell me that you are now supporting evil,this is an important news with credible source yet,you denied it front page. Which way Nigeria? lalasticlala seems to have been bought over by Buhari who hasn't done half of what Dr Ikpeazu has done since assuming office on 29th May. Smh for lalasticlala
Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
madridsta007:

LOL. Don't worry, my dear friend. My mum is 6000 miles away from Abia's airspace, comfortable, healthy and working, thank God.

But thousands of civil servants, pensioners and corp members do not enjoy what is supposed to be a norm and not an inconsistent privilege because of their legal dues- salaries, arreas, etc- are being owned them.

And for almost a year- for some arrears over two years.

Let the incumbent government have a human heart and pay up. That is his responsibility.

Hope you are having a good day? And can see how civil my replies are? I believe you can maintain it that way.

Cheers, mate.
Hmm Mekus Mekus,Can we meet at Steala Resturant @pound road by Ube tomorrow? Let's eat and drink beer together. Uwa dikwanu uto biko.
Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
madridsta007:

Hahahaha!

Do you think ANYONE actually believes this?
I can give you the bank account of UkwaNgwa political block for you to verify
Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
He can even work for free but I assure him that the election tribunal will sack him and install alex otti
Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
It's like my in-laws have gotten a Governor.

Hmm, mek I still dey watch. undecided

1 Like

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 9:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
He can even work for free but I assure him that the election tribunal will sack him and install alex otti
Install Alex Otila inside you swolen vulva
Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 9:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
IdiAmin1:
It's like my in-laws have gotten a Governor.

Hmm, mek I still dey watch. undecided
Yes o,after 22 years of misrule
Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ponponkon:
Yes o,after 22 years of misrule
Eeeeeeeh, so you are from Abia?

Devil don catch you today after una milk me dry during my trad.

Wey ma money angry grin
Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by LoveMachine(m): 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Much respect if this is true.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governor Cuts Own Salary By 50%,Appoints Dr V Uma As Head Of Service by Ponponkon: 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Eeeeeeeh, so you are from Abia?

Devil don catch you today after una milk me dry during my trad.

Wey ma money angry grin
My inlaw,but we gave you a lovely wife that will improve your breed. U supose dey pay royalty to us every year

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dollar Rains At Nigerian Wedding In Austria [PHOTOS] / #ondopolitics! Hon Femi Gbajabiamila Graces Dr. Bode Ayorinde' Open Declaration / Photo-These Are People That Are Suppose To Go To Sambisa Forest To Fish Out BH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.