Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Ben Bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k After POP - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ben Bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k After POP (969 Views)

Oversized Khaki Given To A Corper In Ogun State. Photo / Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 / Going Back To My Parent's After POP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k After POP by Mc4larin: 6:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
If Ben Murray-Bruce, the former CEO of Silver Bird T.V
and Senator representing Bayelsa East Senatorial
district would have his way, each youth corps member
will receive N500,000 capital to start any business of
their choice once they finish with the one-year
compulsory service under the National Youth Service
Corps (NYSC). He described it as a way to create
jobs.
“To provide jobs, Youth Corpers should be taught
entrepreneurial skills for a year then be given 500k
each to start a biz when they pass out.
“Government should provide the 500k to a commercial
bank for release to the Youth Corper only to pay for
business set up costs.

“We must wean our youths of this idea that they are
job seekers only. They can be job creators if the state
trains and equips them,” Murray-Bruce wrote on
Twitter.
The Senator also asked that the education system be
overhauled to teach entrepreneurial skills from
secondary school to university.
“Company registration must be simplified and the cost
drastically reduced. Nigerian youths should be able to
register a biz [business]with 10k [N10,000] only.
“By the time a youth leaves Secondary School, he
should have been taught how to register a company
and the basics of entrepreneurship.
“If we prepare youths for entrepreneurship right from
secondary to university and train them for 1 year
during NYSC they’ll develop Nigeria,” he noted.
Re: Ben Bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k After POP by podosci(m): 6:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
I don't like the guy because of his political affiliations with pdp but I must commend him for his efforts in connecting with the populace...
I hope the cabal don't get to him and change him and his views

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k After POP by Mc4larin: 6:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
podosci:
I don't like the guy because of his political affiliations with pdp but I must commend him for his efforts in connecting with the populace...
I hope the cabal don't get to him and change him and his views

I don't like him either....
But he made some vital and reasonable point in the statement

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k After POP by jamesben91(m): 11:12am On Jun 29, 2015
well said Bruce, most Nigerians preach entrepreneurship without considering starting capital. Believe me, the average Nigerian is an entrepreneur, just that ideas die down when there is no capital to materialize them wink
Re: Ben Bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k After POP by kontalon: 10:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
U better don't dream o

(1) (Reply)

Documents Needed For NYSC Redeployment On Marital Grounds. / Those With Challenges After Registration In NYSC Should Fall In Here Let's Help / Kano Kopa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.