Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,324 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad (1340 Views)

"Man Dies In Coffin After Abuja Pastor Paid Him N500k For Miracle Scam" / The Testimony Of Renowned Muslim Convert Nabeel Qureshi (david Woods Convert) / US Stops British Muslim Family From Boarding Flight..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad by parisbookaddict(f): 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
British Muslim Convert Thomas Evans Dies Fighting for al-Shabab in Kenya

Source

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33135540

The mother of a British man killed while fighting for Islamist militant group al-Shabab in Kenya has told the BBC her "whole world has fallen apart".
Sally Evans, from Buckinghamshire, said a journalist had phoned to tell them Muslim convert Thomas, 25, had died.
Her other son Michael said that when he looked on Twitter, the first thing he found was a picture of Thomas's body.
"We remember him as being my brother, your son," he told the BBC. "But to everyone else he's just a terrorist."
Kenyan officials have confirmed that Thomas Evans was killed on Sunday when al-Shabab fighters attacked a military base in the north of the country.
Militants armed with AK47s and grenades raided the base in Lamu County, close to the Somali border, and then stormed a nearby village.
Eleven gunmen were killed in total and two Kenyan soldiers also died.
'Twisted views'
Evans, who had changed his name to Abdul Hakim, contacted his family in 2012 to say he had travelled to Somalia to join the militant group.
At least 50 British citizens are believed to have joined al-Shabab, an al-Qaeda affiliate based in Somalia, which has been behind a series of high-profile attacks in Kenya and Somalia.
Ms Evans, from Wooburn Green, said she would remember her son as "the little boy who had a bright future before he went down the path he went down".
She said he had met "some people with some very twisted, warped ideas of Islam" in the local area to begin with, and was later influenced by online material.
"I'm very angry that they were prepared to put my son on the line but they are still here," she said. "They are not brave enough to go out there themselves."
Jahan Mahmood is a former counter-terrorism adviser to the Home Office who knows the Evans family.
He said Thomas had been suffering from depression and "stressed out" with personal issues when he was approached by a group of "young Muslims", who did not belong to a particular mosque and had a "very poisonous interpretation".
"These men found him at a vulnerable time in his life, which is often the case," he said.
"This is a cycle that seems to be repeated again and again."
Michael Evans said his brother had changed from the "fun and loving" person he had grown up with.
Lost track
At the age of 21, Evans announced he was moving to Kenya and bought a single plane ticket.
He was turned back at the airport by police, but later sold his CDs and other possessions and told his family he was travelling to Egypt.
In August 2011, police told the family they had lost track of him. The following January he called and said he had joined al-Shabab.
Ms Evans repeated her claim that the British authorities had not done enough to stop her son from travelling to Egypt.
"If they had suspicions, why didn't they involve me?
"We could have worked together to save him and I wouldn't be in this situation now," she said.
"They should have taken his passport. If I'd have known, I would have taken his passport but when they let him fly to Egypt, I thought there was nothing to worry about."
She said she did not know who to turn to for advice and help.
"He would never tell me what he was doing," Ms Evans said.
"He did say if the worst thing happened, I wasn't to cry because he would be going to paradise, but somehow I cannot celebrate that."

1 Like

Re: Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad by parisbookaddict(f): 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
Notice that even after her son dies fighting for Allah, Sally Evans defends Islam by claiming that her son's martyrdom was due to a "twisted, warped" idea of Islam. Of course, that "twisted, warped" view is exactly what we find in Islam's most trusted sources. Here's what Islam teaches about fighting unbelievers:

kill unbelievers wherever they find them(Q. 2:191 ),- murder them and treat them harshly(Q. 9:123 ),- fight them, (Q. 8:65 ), until no otherreligion than Islam is left (Q. 2:193 )- humiliate them and impose on them apenalty tax if they are Christians or Jews,(Q. 9:29 )- slay them if they are Pagans (Q. 9:5 ),crucify, or cut off their hands and feet,- expel them from the land in disgrace.And as if this were not enough, “they shallhave a great punishment in worldhereafter” (Q. 5:34 ),- not befriend their own fathers orbrothers if they are not believers(Q. 9:23 ), (Q. 3:28 ),- kill their own family in the battles ofBadr and Uhud and asks Muslims to“strive against the unbelievers with greatendeavor” (Q. 25:52 ),- be stern with them because they belongto hell (Q. 66:9 ).How can any sensible person remainunmoved when he or she finds the Quransaying: “strike off the heads of theunbelievers” then after a “wide slaughteramong them, carefully tie up theremaining captives” (Q. 47:4 ).
Re: Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
He converted for the wrong reason.. That's my opinion..

1 Like

Re: Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 23, 2015
mistypiper:
He converted for the wrong reason.. That's my opinion..

The problem is islam itself.
Re: Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 23, 2015
Damn islam(e)
Re: Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 23, 2015
Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un
parisbookaddict/Ifeann go hang urself
Re: Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad by parisbookaddict(f): 7:40am On Jun 23, 2015
crusadistic:
Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un
parisbookaddict/Ifeann go hang urself

Your more devout Islamic muslime brothers are out there emulating mohammed and dying for allah while u are on the internet depressed and defending jihadists.

ISHAQ:587 "OUR ONSLAUGHT WILL NOT BE A WEAK FALTERING
AFFAIR. WE SHALL FIGHT AS LONG AS WE LIVE. WE WILL FIGHT UNTIL
YOU TURN TO ISLAM, HUMBLY SEEKING REFUGE. WE WILL FIGHT
NOT CARING WHOM WE MEET. WE WILL FIGHT WHETHER WE
DESTROY ANCIENT HOLDINGS OR NEWLY GOTTEN GAINS. WE HAVE
CUT OFF EVERY OPPONENT'S NOSE AND EARS WITH OUR SWORDS.
WE HAVE DRIVEN THEM VIOLENTLY BEFORE US AT THE COMMAND
OF ALLAH AND ISLAM. WE WILL FIGHT UNTIL OUR RELIGION IS
ESTABLISHED. AND WE WILL PLUNDER THEM FOR THEY MUST SUFFER
DISGRACE."

QURAN (47:3-4) - "THOSE WHO REJECT ALLAH FOLLOW
VANITIES, WHILE THOSE WHO BELIEVE FOLLOW THE
TRUTH FROM THEIR LORD. THUS DOES ALLAH SET FORTH
FORM MEN THEIR LESSONS BY SIMILITUDE.
THEREFORE WHEN YOU MEET IN BATTLE THOSE WHO
DISBELIEVE, THEN SMITE THE NECKS UNTIL WHEN
YOU HAVE OVERCOME THEM, THEN MAKE (THEM)
PRISONERS"
Re: Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad by CaptainJune: 7:46am On Jun 23, 2015
Islam is not to blame for the boy's actions. There are many twisted and warped literature of Islam floating all over the net but here we are and there is Thomas Evans, a depressed, psychotic, gullible oaf who chose to be influenced by the 'poisonous' material and twisted people he came across.

Islam did not force Thomas to fight; he chose to fight and die for Islam. It is just like when a person joins a gang of robbers of his own free will, he becomes responsible for the future consequences of his action, not the gang of robbers.

Islam is a concept that is useless in itself but when people are drawn to that concept and perpetrate evil through it, they're to be blamed for their actions. Guns don't just up and kill people; people kill people.

On Judgment Day, God will judge people for the evil they did in their life time but He will not judge Islam or Satanism or The New Age Movement or Luciferianism or whatever the sadistic concoction of appellation since they're just lifeless concepts people adopt to justify their evil actions.

Thomas Evans hope you're enjoying your everlasting holiday in hell.
Re: Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad by MuttleyLaff: 8:00am On Jun 23, 2015
parisbookaddict:
[size=5pt]British Muslim Convert Thomas Evans Dies Fighting for al-Shabab in Kenya

Source

The mother of a British man killed while fighting for Islamist militant group al-Shabab in Kenya has told the BBC her "whole world has fallen apart".
Sally Evans, from Buckinghamshire, said a journalist had phoned to tell them Muslim convert Thomas, 25, had died.
Her other son Michael said that when he looked on Twitter, the first thing he found was a picture of Thomas's body.
"We remember him as being my brother, your son," he told the BBC. "But to everyone else he's just a terrorist."
Kenyan officials have confirmed that Thomas Evans was killed on Sunday when al-Shabab fighters attacked a military base in the north of the country.
Militants armed with AK47s and grenades raided the base in Lamu County, close to the Somali border, and then stormed a nearby village.
'Twisted views'
Evans, who had changed his name to Abdul Hakim, contacted his family in 2012 to say he had travelled to Somalia to join the militant group.
At least 50 British citizens are believed to have joined al-Shabab, an al-Qaeda affiliate based in Somalia, which has been behind a series of high-profile attacks in Kenya and Somalia.
Ms Evans, from Wooburn Green, said she would remember her son as "the little boy who had a bright future before he went down the path he went down".
She said he had met "some people with some very twisted, warped ideas of Islam" in the local area to begin with, and was later influenced by online material.
"I'm very angry that they were prepared to put my son on the line but they are still here," she said. "They are not brave enough to go out there themselves."
Jahan Mahmood is a former counter-terrorism adviser to the Home Office who knows the Evans family.
He said Thomas had been suffering from depression and "stressed out" with personal issues when he was approached by a group of "young Muslims", who did not belong to a particular mosque and had a "very poisonous interpretation".
"These men found him at a vulnerable time in his life, which is often the case," he said.
Michael Evans said his brother had changed from the "fun and loving" person he had grown up with.
Lost track
At the age of 21, Evans announced he was moving to Kenya and bought a single plane ticket.
He was turned back at the airport by police, but later sold his CDs and other possessions and told his family he was travelling to Egypt.
In August 2011, police told the family they had lost track of him. The following January he called and said he had joined al-Shabab.
Ms Evans repeated her claim that the British authorities had not done enough to stop her son from travelling to Egypt.
"We could have worked together to save him and I wouldn't be in this situation now," she said.
"They should have taken his passport. If I'd have known, I would have taken his passport but when they let him fly to Egypt, I thought there was nothing to worry about."
She said she did not know who to turn to for advice and help.[/size]
"He did say if the worst thing happened,
I wasn't to cry because he would be going to paradise, but somehow I cannot celebrate that."
Re: Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad by limamintruth: 8:33am On Jun 23, 2015
parisbookaddict:
British Muslim Convert Thomas Evans Dies Fighting for al-Shabab in Kenya

Source

'Twisted views'
Lost track
She said she did not know who to turn to for advice and help.
"He did say if the worst thing happened, I wasn't to cry because he would be going to paradise, but somehow I cannot celebrate that."

Well good riddance to bad rubbish lipsrsealed

I hope he is now enjoying his imaginary 72virgins in islam's supposed paradise sha grin tongue
Re: Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
You've shown pics of before and after coverting to islam. anyone wanna see pic of him bieng dead?
Re: Another British Muslim Convert Dies In Lesser Jihad by parisbookaddict(f): 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
denisfidha:
You've shown pics of before and after coverting to islam. anyone wanna see pic of him bieng dead?

According to the article his dead body can be found on Twitter

(1) (Reply)

8 Keys To Knowing God's Will For Your Life. / Florida:satanic Books To Be Made Available In Schools / Why Always "Rice And Stew" On Sunday In Almost Every Christian Home??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.