Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,243 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard (825 Views)

FG Will Not Remove Oil Subsidy In 2016 – Minister / No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari / Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by olaopts: 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
[img]http://2.bp..com/-H3QigFZiTyo/VYhFsywh0xI/AAAAAAAFpkE/e4KmYUzxmxw/s1600/MOHAMMADU-BUHARI1.jpg.pagespeed.ce.ZmELGvnuf8.jpg[/img]

President Buhari plans to totally remove fuel subsidy and use the proceeds for the provision of free and compulsory primary/secondary education across the country. The administration is also said to be working on unbundling the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, to make it more efficient in the production and delivery of products to Nigerians.

These proposals form part of the strong recommendations made by the transition committee raised by Buhari to work out a blueprint for his administration.

Asked if the proposal for total subsidy removal had been discussed with labour, the source said that members of organized labour in the country were consulted by the committee and they made presentations on what should be done over the matter.

The source said:

“Labour is part of the decision; they have accepted the proposal of fuel subsidy removal.“ A committee is likely to be set up by the federal government to work out the modalities of what is to be done in that respect. “But the truth is that total removal of fuel subsidy has been recommended with adequate provisions for palliatives on free education and social welfare for the unemployed”, a member of the transition committee said.

The source pointed out that unlike in the past, the Buhari administration is considering the provision of free meals for students to serve as incentives for them to enroll in school.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buhari-to-remove-oil-subsidy/
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by olaopts: 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
I hope so
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by adonismuller(m): 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ok
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by MabraO: 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
Just incase
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by MosakuAW(m): 7:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
We are so use to this 7 letter word "Subsidy" in Nigeria.

Pls oga Subsidy when you go leave us alone for Naija and go Togo.
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by NoMoreTrolling: 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
...but bubu say there is no subsidy angry

In fact, bubu ask "warris subsidy?"

Now bubu is there, guess he understand undecided
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by natas22: 7:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by Rikidony(m): 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
OK I support the removal of subsidy but I don't trust this politicians, since it's coming from Baba
I hope the money will be channel to proposed policies

sai BABA cool

Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by demmy0325(m): 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
Baba shud keep the good work going.. cool..
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by NoMoreTrolling: 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
demmy0325:
Baba shud keep the good work going.. cool..

It's funny you say, he should keep the good work coming, but when GEJ tried it, it was "this guy is clueless".

Next they say, "pray for him to succeed", but with GEJ it's like a certain sect or type of people prayed to the devil.

Nigerians, Nigerians, funny ethnically devided creatures always chasing shadows, ghosts and witches, but never anything concrete.

Anyways, I wish the best for my country.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by ki02020(m): 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bad market for the oil marketers no more quick
And easy money
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by demmy0325(m): 7:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

It's funny you say, he should keep the good work coming, but when GEJ tried it, it was "this guy is clueless".

Next they say, "pray for him to succeed", but with GEJ it's like a certain sect or type of people prayed to the devil.

Nigerians, Nigerians, funny ethnically devided creatures always chasing shadows, ghosts and witches, but never anything concrete.

Anyways, I wish the best for my country.
.. Tanoids... Una don they change voice.. cheesy
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by Agwoden(m): 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
But he said that there's nothing like fuel subsidy. what is he removing now? Politics can make a sane man to be insane.
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by NoMoreTrolling: 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
demmy0325:

Actually, I like to think myself somewhat apolitical, but still vested due to love for my country, hence my participation on here.

Just pointing out some facts, to which name calling or chicken dancing can never cover up.
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by vecman22(m): 7:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
demmy0325:

My brother, them no get choice na...
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by demmy0325(m): 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
vecman22:

My brother, them no get choice na...
.. They are feelin the change already.. cheesy
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by bodeloja: 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Let us see if there will be protest this time. Mad Niggas!
Re: President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard by kestolove95(m): 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
Approved.

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Will Regret His Inaction During The NASS Saga..by ----gr8amechi / Criticisms Won’t Stop Me, I Am Only Accountable To Nigerians – Saraki / Senate On A Collision Course With Buhari Over Perm Sec’s Refusal To Honour Invit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.