Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Letter From Aggrieved Registered Nurses - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Letter From Aggrieved Registered Nurses (973 Views)

Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More / Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets / Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter From Aggrieved Registered Nurses by nurselala: 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
Dear Nairaland,
        Good evening, am writing to you because I know your blog is a good medium to reach out to people and the right authorities. I need to call the attention of the ministry of health and the nursing and midwifery Council of Nigeria to wake up from their slumber. It's not a new news that Auxiliary Nurses have taken over the private hospitals, there by giving bad name to the profession and causing the death of many. Can u imagine the penalty for those training killers?  1000  NAIRA at the expense of peoples lives. I know of one hospital in Egbeda, Lagos state that duplicates registered Nurses license and give it to auxiliary Nurses. My dear country people it's not Nurses that are killing your babies, or causing them lasting deformity, neither is it the registered Nurses that circumcises your child wrongly, it is those killers called Auxiliary Nurses that don't know the scientific rationale behind what they are doing.  Nigerians if you love yourself, your family, your friends, SAY NO TO AUXILIARY NURSES. And to the NAMCN, keep sleeping, keep increasing license fee, keep increasing  examination fees and don't do the needful, keep collecting bribes and form blind eyes to the issue, till your grand childs leg is deformed by an auxiliary, or till you are sick and you rushed to a private hospital where an auxiliary administer your drugs wrongly to facilitate your death. Chiefnurse Onome on behalf of the Registered Nurses.

Re: Letter From Aggrieved Registered Nurses by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
Are there enough registered nurses to serve the hospitals in Lagos?
How many registered nurses are trained every year?
I am not justifying the activities of aux nurses but let's be realistic. We don't have enough nurses to serve the population of sick patients.
Re: Letter From Aggrieved Registered Nurses by Onegai(f): 4:07am On Jun 23, 2015
What sort of training do Auxiliary Nurses get? Why does the Matron or Chief Nurse not limit their duties and hand over proper nursing duties to trained Nurses, so that auxiliary nurses can focus on basics?

It's good that you're bringing this up and defending your names and your Nursing Institutions. Last year I met a nurse who continually injected me on one site till I bled and it hurt my leg (she also did my charts wrong). Another nurse had to stop her because there was no medical need for her to inject on that one site. I have no idea if she was an auxiliary nurse or not, I merely assumed she was a badly trained Naija nurse and lumped all of you together.

So now that you are speaking up, what can the medical council do and what can regular Nigerians do? How do we help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter From Aggrieved Registered Nurses by sureboykris(m): 6:53am On Jun 23, 2015
nurselala:

Dear Nairaland,
        Good evening, am writing to you because I know your blog is a good medium to reach out to people and the right authorities. I need to call the attention of the ministry of health and the nursing and midwifery Council of Nigeria to wake up from their slumber. It's not a new news that Auxiliary Nurses have taken over the private hospitals, there by giving bad name to the profession and causing the death of many. Can u imagine the penalty for those training killers?  1000  NAIRA at the expense of peoples lives. I know of one hospital in Egbeda, Lagos state that duplicates registered Nurses license and give it to auxiliary Nurses. My dear country people it's not Nurses that are killing your babies, or causing them lasting deformity, neither is it the registered Nurses that circumcises your child wrongly, it is those killers called Auxiliary Nurses that don't know the scientific rationale behind what they are doing.  Nigerians if you love yourself, your family, your friends, SAY NO TO AUXILIARY NURSES. And to the NAMCN, keep sleeping, keep increasing license fee, keep increasing  examination fees and don't do the needful, keep collecting bribes and form blind eyes to the issue, till your grand childs leg is deformed by an auxiliary, or till you are sick and you rushed to a private hospital where an auxiliary administer your drugs wrongly to facilitate your death. Chiefnurse Onome on behalf of the Registered Nurses.
away from the topic, pls is chief nurse now a title? Just wondering.. I once heard a lady address herself as 'nurse /midwife Vivian, and I was baffled
Re: Letter From Aggrieved Registered Nurses by lucilicious(f): 8:02am On Jun 23, 2015
Onegai:
What sort of training do Auxiliary Nurses get? Why does the Matron or Chief Nurse not limit their duties and hand over proper nursing duties to trained Nurses, so that auxiliary nurses can focus on basics?

It's good that you're bringing this up and defending your names and your Nursing Institutions. Last year I met a nurse who continually injected me on one site till I bled and it hurt my leg (she also did my charts wrong). Another nurse had to stop her because there was no medical need for her to inject on that one site. I have no idea if she was an auxiliary nurse or not, I merely assumed she was a badly trained Naija nurse and lumped all of you together.

So now that you are speaking up, what can the medical council do and what can regular Nigerians do? How do we help.
By their fruits u shall know em,dey can't speak good english,dress shabilly n most of all,If u ask em d reason y dey r carrying out a particular procedure,dey won't be able to tell..d only way u can help is by going to good hospitals not clinics or maternity homes,its bou ur health

(1) (Reply)

Dying @ 48years: Mum Has Months To Live After Years Of Drinking Destroyed Liver / My Wife Has Not Seen Her Period For 9 Months / 5 Strange Effects Of Too Much Se X On Your Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.