|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,661,726 members, 6,251,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 April 2021 at 05:57 PM
Atiku Abubakar’s American In-laws Arrive Nigeria For Wedding In Yola. See Photos / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / Appointments: Buhari Has Violated Laws —senators (2) (3) (4)
|Strangest Laws From Around The World by kglamour(m): 12:26am On Jun 23, 2015|
It is against the law to purchase a television, without obtaining a license beforehand, in South Africa.
Until 1993, when a marriage couple divorced in South Africa, the father was automatically given full custody rights of their children.
In some parts of South Africa, women can not own their own land, and only can have access to land ownership through their husband.
In South Africa, it is against the law for anyone under the age of 16 to take part in a public display of affection.
Bear wrestling is illegal in South Africa.
In many parts of South Africa, a husband can forbid his wife from working outside of the home.
In some parts of South Africa, women can only own land that belonged to their recently deceased husband, if they had a son during their marriage.
Herders in South Africa have the right of way, as long as the animals they need to help cross the road are horses, mules, donkeys, goats, pigs or ostrich.
In many parts of South Africa, for a woman to open a bank account or receive a bank loan, the bank must obtain permission from her husband beforehand.
During apartheid, people “of color” were legally required to be indoors by 9 PM, in South Africa.
It is against the law to take photographs in the country of Chad, unless a permit has been obtained beforehand.
Although homosexuality is not a crime in the country of Chad, it is legal for officers of the law to discriminate against homosexuals, based solely on their sexual orientation.
In Sudan, if you are convicted of a crime and sentenced to prison, the government only provides you with lodging. Food and all other necessities, are not provided.
In Sudan, it is against the law to insult Islam, in any manner.
It is against the law for men and women to sit together, without a chaperone, in Sudan.
In Sudan, if you help someone that was injured in an accident, and they die while you are trying to help them, you can be charged and legally are partially responsible for their death.
Women are legally required to have their hair covered at all times, in Sudan.
Women are legally required to wear dresses at all times, in Sudan.
In Sudan, women can be publicly whipped for being the victim of rape.
It is against the law to name an inanimate object, after any Islam figure, in Sudan.
It is illegal to make a rude gesture in public, in Kenya.
It is against the law to swear in public in Kenya.
It is against the law to walk around with no money, in Kenya.
In Ghana, there are laws that govern how many movies an actor can be in, over a set period of time.
It is against the law to have sexual intercourse with anyone that you are not married to, in Morocco.
It is against the law to take photographs of any government buildings in Morocco.
It is against the law in many areas of Morocco, for foreigners to drink alcohol in public places.
It is against the law to criticize the monarchy in Morocco.
Adultery is punishable with imprisonment in Morocco.
It is against the law to take photographs of any military installations, in Morocco.
It is against the law to import religious materials (example the Holy Bible) that are not related to Islam, in Morocco.
It is against the law to discuss Jesus Christ with any citizens of Morocco.
If you are with a friend that is caught with drugs, you will also be arrested, in Morocco.
In Morocco, it is against the law to attempt to distribute any non Muslim literature.
Killing mice is illegal, unless you plan to use them for consumption, in Morocco.
Unless a mosque is open to the public, it is against the law for non Muslims to attempt to enter that mosque, in Morocco.
In Egypt, not voting is punishable with fine or imprisonment.
It is against the law to take photographs near a military or government installation, in Egypt.
In Egypt, it is against the law to attempt to convince citizens to convert to Christianity.
In Egypt, a rapist can avoid being imprisoned, by marrying the woman that he raped.
It is illegal for males to belly dance in Egypt.
Public displays of affection are illegal in Egypt.
In Somalia, it is illegal to carry old chewing gum, by sticking it to the tip of your nose.
In Guinea, it is illegal to call a baby Monica.
A woman that is seen wearing pants/trouser in Swaziland, can be punished by having the pants ripped off of her, and torn into pieces by soldiers.
It is illegal for young girls to shake hands with men in Swaziland.
It is against the law for pregnant women to wear hats in Madagascar.
It is against the law for citizens to make offensive gestures at a passing state motorcade in Zimbabwe.
It is illegal to paint your house in Mozambique, without first obtaining permission from the municipality.
Hmmmmmm.......It is illegal to steal thousands, steal million or billion you are a don
Stealing is not corruption.
(No hard feelings, Na me add ham ooo)
|Re: Strangest Laws From Around The World by kglamour(m): 12:28am On Jun 23, 2015|
- In London, it is illegal for a City cab to carry rabid dogs or corpses.
- In England, it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
- It England, it is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the Queen upside
- Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the
taxman anything you don’t want him to know, yet you don’t have to tell him anything you
don’t mind him knowing.
- Navy ships that enter London Port must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the
Tower of London.
- A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, even, even in a
- In Lancashire, no person is permitted after being asked to stop by a constable on the
beach front to incite a dog to bark.
- All males over the age of 14 must carry out two hours a day of longbow practice.
- Freemen are allowed to take a flock of sheep across London Bridge without being
charged the toll, they are also allowed to drive geese down Cheapside.
- In the UK, a man who needs to relieve himself in public can do so only if he aims for his
rear wheel of his own car and keeps his right hand on the vehicle.
- In York, it is legal to kill a Scotsman within the ancient city boundary, but only if he is
carrying a bow and arrow.
- In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague.
- If a dead whale is found on the British coast, the head is legally the property of the King,
and the tail belongs to the Queen - to use the bones for corsets.
- In England, in 1865, any self propelled carriage on a British highway had to have a crew
of three men. One had to walk in front of the carriage with a red flag to warn horse drawn
vehicles of it's approach.
- In London, city cabs by law must carry a bale of hay at all times.
- In Britain, in 1888, if your push bike was in motion, you legally had to constantly ring a
- In Birmingham, after sundown it is against the law for a man and a woman to partake in
sexual intercourse on church steps.
- In London, it is illegal to throw a stick for your dog, use an offensive powder like pepper
on your jacket potato or use a camera tripod in any park.
- In London, domestic violence is legal as long as it's before 9pm and does not disturb
- In London, in the 19th Century, it was illegal to impersonate a Chelsea pensioner. The
punishment was death.
- In England, in 1837, if a man kissed a woman against her will, she could legally bit off his
- In Chester, the Welsh are banned before sun up and after sun set.
|Re: Strangest Laws From Around The World by kglamour(m): 12:28am On Jun 23, 2015|
United States of America
- In Alexandria, Minneapolis, it is illegal for a man to have sexual intercourse with a woman
with sardines on his breath.
- In California, in 1986, Judge Samuel King became so annoyed with jurors who were
absent from a case due to massive rain fall, that he issued a decree which stated " I hereby
order that it cease raining by Tuesday. " It stopped raining on Tuesday and California
suffered a 5 year drought. 5 year latter in 1991, the very same judge then decreed " Rain
shall fall in California beginning February 27th. " On that same day, California suffered the
heaviest rainfall in over ten years.
- In Arizona, hunting camels is against the law.
- In Indiana in the 50's, they made anything based on Robin Hood Illegal because they
thought he was a communist.
- In Minnesota, hanging male and female under garments on the same washing line.
- North Carolina has made it illegal to swear in front of dead people.
- In Iowa, horses are breaking the law if they eat a fire hydrant.
- Judge J.H. Logan from California, made the Loganberry by crossing a cultivated
raspberry with a wild blackberry.
- In South Bend, Indiana, a monkey was found guilty of smoking which was against the
law at the time.
- In San Diego, public schools have banned hypnotism.
- In Florida having sexual intercourse with a porcupine is illegal.
- In Kingsville, Texas, it is illegal for pigs to have sexual intercourse on airport property.
- In Willowdale, Oregon, while engaging in sexual intercourse with a woman, it is illegal for
a man to curse.
- In Hastings, Nebraska, hotels must legally provide you with night clothes.
- In Ames, Iowa, men lying in bed with their wives must not have more than 3 swigs of
- In Oblong, Illinois, on your wedding day it is illegal to make love whilst hunting or fishing.
- In Tremonton, Utah,a woman is not legally allowed to have sexual intercourse with a man
in an ambulance.
- In Conorsville, Wisconsin, during sexual intercourse, it is against the law for a man to fire
his gun whilst the woman in having an orgasm.
- In Chico, California, you'll receive a $500 fine for letting off a nuclear bomb in the city
- In Massachusetts, your breaking the law if you consume more than 3 sandwiches at a
- In Louisiana, using dentures to bite someone moves it up to aggravated assault.
- In Kentucky, carry ice cream cones in your pocket is illegal.
- In International Falls, Minnesota, you can be fined if you let your dog chase a cat up a
- In Iowa, after 5 mins of kissing your breaking the law.
- In Illinois, giving a lighted cigar to a pet is illegal.
- In the USA 24 states say that if your husband is impotent its grounds for a divorce.
- In Miami, Florida, imitating animals is illegal.
- In Oxford, Ohio,a woman undressing in front of a picture of a man is breaking the law.
- In Baltimore, Maryland, taking a lion to the cinema is illegal. .
- In Washington, pretending to have wealthy parents is illegal.
- In Texas, if you are going to commit a crime, you legally have to give 24 hours notice to
- In Oklahoma, you could face prison if you make faces at a dog
- In Maryland, Randy Newman's song 'Short people' is still banned on the radio.
- In St. Louis, Missouri, if a woman is in her night clothes, it is illegal for a fireman to
- In Providence, Rhode Island, selling tooth paste and a tooth brush to the same customer
on a Sunday is illegal.
- In Logan County, Colorado, kissing a woman while she sleeps is illegal.
- In Alexandria, Minnesota, having garlic or onions on your breath means you legally can't
have sex with your wife.
- In Eureka, Nevada, if you have a moustach it's against the law for you to kiss a woman.
- In Vermont, for a woman to wear false teeth she first must get written permission from
- In Boulder, Colorado, your breaking the law if you own a pet.
- In Kentucky, your breaking the law if you carry a concealed weapon over 6ft in length.
- In Florida, on Sunday's, unmarried woman face jail if the go parachuting.
- In Miami, Florida, skateboarding is against the law inside a police station.
- In Ohio, getting a fish drunk is against state law.
- In Alabama, your breaking the law if you are in control of a motor vehicle if wearing a
|Re: Strangest Laws From Around The World by raayah(f): 12:35am On Jun 23, 2015|
Why are the laws in Africa, Strictly against Women and Religious Expressions.
Thank God Nigeria isn't backward like those countries.
|Re: Strangest Laws From Around The World by kglamour(m): 12:39am On Jun 23, 2015|
The Rest of the World
- In Victoria, Australia, you need a licensed electrician to change a light bulb.
- In Victoria Australia after mid day on Sunday, it's illegal to wear pink hot pants.
- In France, it's illegal to name a pig Napoleon.
- In Indonesia, the punishment for masturbation is death by decapitation.
- In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be sentenced to death by firing squad.
- In Bahrain, male doctors only legally examine a woman's genitals through a mirror.
- In Afghanistan the Taliban banned women from wearing white socks, for fear men might
find them attractive.
- In Lebanon men are allowed to engage in sexual intercourse with female animals. If
caught with a male animal the punishment is death.
- In 1837, Egypt banned male belly dancing as it caused mass rioting.
- During World War I if you were found to be homosexual you were executed.
- Hundreds of years ago you were instantly executed if you tried to leave Japan.
- In Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada, in 1917, tying a male horse next to a female horse was
- In Singapore chewing gum is illegal.
- In Paraguay you can legally duel, as long as both participating players are blood donors.
- In Milan, Italy, unless going to a hospital or funeral, you have to smile or face a fine.
- In Switzerland you legally have to live within 200m of a nuclear bomb shelter.
- In Burma it is against the law to access the Internet. Anyone doing so faces prison.
- In Bangladesh you face prison time for cheating at school.
- Until 1984 in Belgium, you had to choose your child's name off a list of 1500.
- In 1935 Romania, for fear of scaring young children, Mickey Mouse was banned.
- Due to lack of pants, Donald Duck cartoons were banned in Finland.
- The only country in the world to never. have censorship for adult films is Belgium.
- In 1979 Iraq banned karate movies. .
- It was once illegal to own a pet dog in Iceland.
- In 1471 Switzerland, the Cockerel was found guilty of "In defiance of natural law" by
laying an egg. It was executed.
- In Stelvio, Italy, 1519, a gang of moles that had damaged crops was given an arrest
warrant. They never showed up for court.
- In Seville, Spain, in 1983, a German Sheppard was arrested for stealing woman's
- In Turkey, it was illegal to drink coffee during the 16th and 17th century. It was
punishable by death.
-2000 years ago in Rome, Julius Caesar banned chariots from Rome city centre to ease
- In Switzerland, it use to be illegal to slam a car door.
-In Denmark, you legally have to check under your car for children asleep before you start
-In Denmark it is not against the law to escape from prison.
-In Bermuda, private cars were illegal until 1948
-In the days of Sparta, if you were male you legally had to consume 2 pounds of meat a
|Re: Strangest Laws From Around The World by kglamour(m): 12:50am On Jun 23, 2015|
raayah:I did not even observed that while coping. But how about this law against men at american......'' In Conorsville, Wisconsin, during sexual intercourse, it is against the law for a man to fire his gun whilst the woman in having an orgasm.''
Omo! Na alomo + orijin101 fit bail person out here ooooo
|Re: Strangest Laws From Around The World by PapaNnamdi: 12:52am On Jun 23, 2015|
|Re: Strangest Laws From Around The World by Nobody: 2:17am On Jun 23, 2015|
What a world we live in!
|Re: Strangest Laws From Around The World by nairalife2013(m): 3:20am On Jun 23, 2015|
raayah:those are the laws that have brought africa to its knees
|Re: Strangest Laws From Around The World by teebabsman(m): 3:21am On Jun 23, 2015|
in Nigeria, u can do anything if u are rich
|Re: Strangest Laws From Around The World by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 3:29am On Jun 23, 2015|
Long btw nice write up
|Re: Strangest Laws From Around The World by Nobody: 3:58am On Jun 23, 2015|
-In Indonesia, the punishment for masturbation is death by decapitation...WHERE ARE THE VASELINE CREW?
- In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be sentenced to death by firing squad...TRUCKPUSHER and ORIGIN101, please reduce to atleast 12bottles per day.
Come, where's Origin101 sef?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147