Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

The Stress Of Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Stress Of Life (773 Views)

Yoruba Version Of Life After Death. It Is Logical And Scientific / What Is The Purpose Of Life? The Most Important Question / Why All The Stress If He Can Do Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stress Of Life by SonofIssachar: 1:09am On Jun 23, 2015
(Courtesy of Jimmy Harmon)

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."

Remember to put the glass down.

Meditation: And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? – Luke 12:25

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.
Re: The Stress Of Life by Nobody: 1:18am On Jun 23, 2015
Exaltly... u're right op.. cc:ishilove

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Life by femur5(m): 3:13am On Jun 23, 2015
nice post

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Life by femur5(m): 3:16am On Jun 23, 2015
please can u guide me on hw to post a topic. Am new here . Thank and God bless

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

, / Does Ur Pastor Reflects Christ Or MAMMON / Bible Scholars Tell Us Who And What All This Represent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.