Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra (1029 Views)

More Photos Of IPOB Members Allegedly Set Mosque Ablaze In Enugu / Mohammed Gololo Attacked By Mob In Bauchi, House Ransacked (Photos) / Salihu Adamu Hospitalised After Mob Attack In Niger (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by MuguliciousMUGU: 1:45am On Jun 23, 2015
ONITSHA—Barely two weeks after a mob set ablaze two armed robbers at New Tyres Market, Nkpor, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State, for snatching huge sums of money from a trader, two other armed robbers were, yesterday, burnt to ashes along Limca Road in the same area.
The two robbers, armed with pistols, according to eyewitnesses, had blocked a lady, who boarded a commercial motorcycle with aGhana-must-gobag filled with money and heading towards a bank, and allegedly snatched the bag from her.
According to the source, as the lady, believed to be a cashier in one of the petrol stations along the road, was being taken to the bank by the commercial motorcyclist, the armed robbers, riding their own motorcycle, closed in on them and ordered her to surrender the bag of money at gunpoint.
The source said she surrendered the bag to them, but as the thieves made to zoom off, their motorcycle somersaulted.
Mob action
It was gathered that some passers-by alerted policemen and went after them. Bullets reportedly did not penetrate their bodies. They were, however, over-powered by the mob and set ablaze.
It was learned that one of the robbers removed the burning tyre from his neck and fled with his body on fire.
He was, however, caught again by the mob, who tied his hands and legs, pushed him into a drainage with his accomplice and set them ablaze a second time.
Vehicular movements were disrupted along the road for many hours, even as some members of Anambra Traffic Management Agency, ATMA, were busy trying to control the traffic.
The Divisional Police Officer at Ogidi, Mr. Hassan Musa, told newsmen on phone that although he heard about the incident, the scene was under the jurisdiction of Awada Police Division.
He, however, described their death as two less the number of criminals operating in the state.
“If the public could always rise like this to defend themselves from the menace of the robbers, Anambra would then become a crime-free state, as desired by the state government and law-abiding citizens,” he said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/mob-sets-2-robbers-ablaze-in-anambra/
Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by jeffizy(m): 1:54am On Jun 23, 2015
Crime does not pay.
Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by Yeske2(m): 1:56am On Jun 23, 2015
Inasmuch as i hate the barbaric act of jungle justice, these criminals should know that Anambra and especially Onitsha would no longer tolerate such acts of stealing. They better move into neighboring states as Anambra no longer tolerates such.
Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by 3ace(m): 2:06am On Jun 23, 2015
The lack of confidence in the Police and the judiciary system overtime has encouraged jungle justice in the society. Now, I would have preferred those guys being apprehended for interrogation because I believe there's a snitch in that filling station. With their death now, probably the thief that gives out information is still working at the petrol station and could plan another operation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by BoldSont(m): 2:53am On Jun 23, 2015
No matter what the problem is, jungle justice is never the answer[
Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by pass111(m): 3:05am On Jun 23, 2015
Say no to jungle justice..
The fact that you don't lie, steal or do all sorts of ill doesn't make you a better person, it's by grace....remember
Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by Nobody: 3:16am On Jun 23, 2015
A pic or two won't be a bad idea, just for some Thomases like me undecided

1 Like

Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by LoveMachine(m): 3:36am On Jun 23, 2015
Oh my damn! Obiano I said Anambra was hard on crime but I didn't know civilians were about that life! Let this be a lesson. Keep your hands to yourself.
Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by Nobody: 4:18am On Jun 23, 2015
Hmmn
Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by PleasureShop: 4:22am On Jun 23, 2015
"He, however, described their death as two less the number of criminals operating in the state.
“If the public could always rise like this to defend themselves from the menace of the robbers, Anambra would then become a crime-free state, as desired by the state government and law-abiding citizens,” he said."

Smh... The police supports mob action... Therefore burn them when you catch them... Smh, again...

2 Likes

Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by ebamma(m): 4:33am On Jun 23, 2015
pass111:
Say no to jungle justice..
The fact that you don't lie, steal or do all sorts of ill doesn't make you a better person, it's by grace....remember
jungle justice happens because we have lost faith in our judiciary,
I have seen a guy who was arrested on a murder and armed robbery charge, given bail by a court,
How can we trust such a system?
Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by ROCKJ1(m): 5:03am On Jun 23, 2015
In phino's words...."kill them all"
Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by boboLIL(m): 5:26am On Jun 23, 2015
0nitsha is the baddest t0wn in anambra.... Armed r0bbers nytmare....
Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by idealsico(m): 6:58am On Jun 23, 2015
And the people resorted to self help because the justice system has failed.
Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by AustineE1: 7:36am On Jun 23, 2015
An eye for an eye ends up leaving everyone blind....these criminals we know,many ve killed innocent people in their line of action but we must give these theifs a chance to face the law, sometimes you find out that some good men of today where criminals of yesterday.
I do not subscribe to jungle justice!
Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by pass111(m): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2015
ebamma:
jungle justice happens because we have lost faith in our judiciary,
I have seen a guy who was arrested on a murder and armed robbery charge, given bail by a court,
How can we trust such a system?

I still believe that people do change
Re: Mob Sets 2 Robbers Ablaze In Anambra by kromoto: 9:57am On Jun 23, 2015
Anambra, bad news no dey tire una?

The bad news from that end often outshines the bright brains and industrious folks you guys have.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: APC Senators Defy Party, Nominate Ali Ndume As Majority Leader / After 30 Days, Analysts Point At Economy Quick Wins For Buhari - Businessday / The Tinubu Mistake And The Call For SS,SW, & SE Unity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.