Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,666 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari (583 Views)

I Can’t Complain Of The Mess I Inherited—buhari / Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari by McDonalds2014(m): 5:31am On Jun 23, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday said he inherited a country with virtually an empty treasury from former President Goodluck Jonathan.
Buhari, who met with State House correspondents on Monday to mark his first day in the Aso Rock office, said his administration was being weighed down by debts running into millions of dollars.
Although he did not say how much debt he met, he promised to put in his best to salvage the country from the brink of collapse.
Lamenting that it was disgraceful for state and federal workers not to be paid their salaries as and when due, he told the correspondents that he would need their help to avoid a situation where Nigerians might march on him.
The President added that the culture of assessing government’s performance in the first 100 days in office was putting pressure on him considering the mismanaged economy he inherited.
Buhari said, “This culture of 100 days (in office) is bringing so much pressure with treasury virtually empty; with debts in millions of dollars; with state workers and even federal workers not being paid their salaries.
“This is such a disgrace for Nigeria. I think Nigeria should be in a position to at least pay its workers.
“This bad management that we find ourselves in, we really need your help to protect us from people before they march on us.”
Buhari said it was not by accident that he appointed one of the best journalists in the country, Femi Adesina, as his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity.
He said he brought Adesina so that he could consistently defend him against his co-journalists.
The President said, “It is not by accident that I got one of your best colleagues (to be the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity); one of the 15 aides I had to get clearance from the Senate.
“He is one of the best that I can have as special advisers. I brought one of the best of you so that he can consistently defend me against you.
“Whether my job is a difficult or easy one; it is up to him but I am here to thank you in advance for what good and ill you are going to do to me,” he said.
The President expressed the hope that what happened under former President Goodluck Jonathan when a State House correspondent was expelled would not happen under his watch.
Buhari was accompanied to the parley by Adesina and his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.
Shortly after resuming work, Buhari had met with Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo and some of his key aides.
He thereafter met behind closed doors with service chiefs.
It will be recalled that the President relocated to the Presidential Villa on Sunday evening barely three weeks after he was inaugurated.
He had been operating from his private residence and the Defence House, the official residence of the President-elect in Abuja.

www.punchng.com/news/i-inherited-empty-treasury-huge-debts-says-buhari/
Re: I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari by Liviintainment: 5:34am On Jun 23, 2015
Sorry
Re: I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari by bewla(m): 5:42am On Jun 23, 2015
We hear just changed that
Re: I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari by efilefun(m): 5:43am On Jun 23, 2015
It's not something new, even a 2yr old kid on the street knows this and we patiently waiting for things to get normal unlike those saTANoids expecting the change and miracles under a month right... Awon mofos
Re: I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 23, 2015
GOD is ya strength
Re: I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari by Dongreatken(m): 6:26am On Jun 23, 2015
Its a normal thing....
Re: I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari by volterra(m): 6:29am On Jun 23, 2015
Pa Buhari, na so so complain u dey complain these days. Chaiii!!! We don enter one chance oh
Re: I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari by Osehnetworld(m): 6:37am On Jun 23, 2015
Cm, u beta stop blabbin n start workin
Re: I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari by realadesco(m): 7:12am On Jun 23, 2015
volterra:
Pa Buhari, na so so complain u dey complain these days. Chaiii!!! We don enter one chance oh
koda common sense u no get
Re: I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari by eejo(m): 7:27am On Jun 23, 2015
Buhari stop lying Nlng paid your Govt 1.6 billion dollars with crude sales from may 29 and 30 billion dollars forex reserve that is money start something
Re: I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari by volterra(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2015
realadesco:
koda common sense u no get

Here am i thinking the man who has common sense will state his views without having to abuse others. Mr. Common sense, i didn't realise my statement will cause you much worry. No vex Mr. Common sense.
Re: I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 23, 2015
A bad workman always quarrels with his tools. 1st it was old age, now it's treasury. I dare him to probe them if his claims hold weight after all that's what Nigerians expected he would do.
Re: I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari by realadesco(m): 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
volterra:

Here am i thinking the man who has common sense will state his views without having to abuse others. Mr. Common sense, i didn't realise my statement will cause you much worry. No vex Mr. Common sense.
I no get ur time Mr no common sense. If u no get go borrow one from anywhere nah mtw

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Orders Immediate Evacuation Of Military Checkpoints Nationwide / Same-sex Marriage ‘victory For America’ – Obama / Same Sex Marriage: Preparing For America's New Foreign Policy “twists"..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.