Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! (9225 Views)

10 Facts About Chevrolet Camaro That Would Wow You / 10 Chevrolet Facts You Should Know / Chevrolet Launches Unlimited Data Plan For 4G LTE Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by MotoringNigeria: 7:59am On Jun 23, 2015
I was surfing through nairaland (car talk) like a jobless ant...lol
So I fell upon an argument about how expensive it is to afford a chevrolet camaro and like my curious self, I decide to carry out a little research on Nigerians who own a chevrolet camaro and their cost.

Also, I found something quite interesting which I'll share with you later.

* DAVIDO

Chevrolet camaro (fifth generation)
Cost: 17m

Omo Baba Olowo, David Adeleke poplarly known as Davido.
Singer n songwriter of the popular HKN gang acquired a Chevrolet camaro in 2013 Chevrolet Camaro for a whopping N17m...that was as at October.
Unfortunately as at December, the pretty chevy was crashed same year.
The accident occurred right on the Lekki Phase one roundabout, just in front of Admiralty Way in Lagos Island.

The Skelewu maestro was said to be astounded and totally lost for words last night when his N17 million ChevroletCamaro was crashed by a motorist...so we heard.

Just when we thought nigga might hang himself cos I would...lol
Few hours later he tweeted about the arrival of a new car. "Oooshe!! My Benz has arrived!! AMG Shit"
If you also recall, ok think that was around the time Wizkid bashed his Porsche and it was replaced.

Well, money talks, shit walks.

Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by MotoringNigeria: 8:01am On Jun 23, 2015
* JAHBLESS.

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Cost: 9m

The jo'or crooner, Jahbless acquired a customized Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 said to be worth over #9m...joor ooo

The singer who is known for his love of exotic cars has also been spotted in a BMW Z3 'James Bond Edition' around Ogudu G.R.A.
The interior of the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 features detailed use of leather with broad yet sober stitches and the vehicle sports all the latest gadgets that boys like to play with, including Satellite Navigation, Bluetooth, WI-FI, Cell phone connectivity and it has a top speed of 214MPH.

Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by MotoringNigeria: 8:03am On Jun 23, 2015
* YOMI CASUAL.

Chevrolet camaro 2012
Cost: 5.2m

Popular fashion designer, Yomi Casual who is also younger brother to popular comedian AY, acquired a 2012 Chevrolet Camaro.

The automobile, which is valued at N5.2m, joins the the Chrysler and Toyota brands of cars in the luxurious garage of the fashion designer who also owns YC interior decors.
An automobile loving Yomi went ahead to register the Chevrolet Camaro with a special plate number tagged 'Tailor'...Hilarious.

1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by MotoringNigeria: 8:09am On Jun 23, 2015
* JIM IYKE
Chevrolet Camaro 2013 'untamed'
Cost: ?

Jim Iyke is ballin or was balling.
Movie star Jim Iyke was spotted with his ‘Untamed’ Chevrolet Camaro back in 2013 at the press screening of Nadia Buari’s ‘Diary of Imogen Brown’.

1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by MotoringNigeria: 8:11am On Jun 23, 2015
* SEAN TIZZLE.

Chevrolet camaro RS 2013
Cost: ?

The sholee crooner bought himself a Chevrolet Camaro RS 2013 model back in 2013, the price was not made public.

The young dude was one of the revelation of 2013 in nigeria music industry and his hard working and effort has paid for him. His know for his monster hit single Sho Le, signed under another monster beat maker D’Tunes.

Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by MotoringNigeria: 8:13am On Jun 23, 2015
Ok, here is the interesting thing I found while doing my research.

AWESOME DISCOVERY!!! BY ME OF COS.

Meet Jelani Aliyu, Nigerian genius who designed Chevrolet Volt.

General Motors is the world’s largest automobile maker. The car has been described as an American Revolution and one of the hottest concepts in the design line.

Jelani was born in 1966 in Kaduna, to Alhaji Aliya Haidara and Sharifiya Hauwa’u Aliyu. The fifth of seven children, theirs is a very close-knit family. For him, it was an amazing experience growing up in Sokoto, surrounded by the rich culture of the people and the state and enjoying excellent access to the latest and international information.

From 1971 to 1978, he attended Capital School, Sokoto, an excellent school and this served as a very productive educational experience for him. In 1978, he gained admission into Federal Government College, Sokoto, from where he graduated in 1983 with an award as the best in Technical Drawing. Jelani was privileged to meet and make many good friends from all parts of the country and beyond during this time. He had tremendous encouragement and mentoring from his family and friends and his creative art develop the ed. He drew a lot, designed his own cars, and even built scale models of them, complete with exteriors and interiors.

After FGC, he got admission into the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria to study Architecture, but soon discovered that curriculum did not support his future vision and plans.
After considering other institutions in Nigeria and their academic programmes, he concluded that only one of them had the study criteria that would support his future goals. The institution in which he chose to pursue his education was one he felt offered the best creative programmes and had experience that would give him the best foundation required to study Automobile Design abroad. That institution was the Birnin Kebbi Polytechnic. He was there from 1986 to 1988 and earned an associate degree in Architecture, with an award as Best All-Round Student. While there, he did some in depth research into home design and construction, looking into materials and structures that would be most compatible with our environment and climate; buildings that would stay cool in a hot environment with little, or no artificial electrical air conditioning. Upon graduation from the polytechnic, Jelani worked for a while at the Ministry of Works, Sokoto.

In 1990, Aliyu moved to Detroit, Michigan to enroll at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit under a Sokoto Schorlarship board sponsorship. Having always wanted to study Automobile Design, this was a dream come true and an absolutely fascinating experience. The course was very practical and emphasis was put on creativity and the development of new designs to provide solutions. He received his degree in automobile design in 1994.

In 1994 he began his career with the design staff of General Motors. He worked on the Buick Rendezvous and was the lead exterior designer of the Pontiac G6. He also worked on the Astra with General Motors’ Opel Division.

With his brilliant work on the design of the Chevrolet Volt, which was unveiled in 2007, Jelani Aliyu is considered by many to be the super star of the General Motors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by Stancity(m): 8:17am On Jun 23, 2015
MotoringNigeria go on.. And please no one should disturb me from this cinema until am tru cool
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by Crieff(m): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2015
#450,000
$450,000
£450,000
€450,000
N450,000

Which is it?

MotoringNigeria:
Ok, here is the interesting thing I found while doing my research.
Do you know that you can own a chevrolet camaro for as low as #450,000? Well, I don't believe it myself.
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by MotoringNigeria: 8:51am On Jun 23, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by Inception(m): 9:11am On Jun 23, 2015
MotoringNigeria:

naira bruh.

Moderators!

Over to you..

grin
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by abatically(m): 9:55am On Jun 23, 2015
Op, so after those interesting stuff u wrote at the beginning u decided to top it all up with this custom impounded cars nonsense. Shuo, ur own scam na advanced oh. WE ALL KNOW NIGERIAN CUSTOMS DO NOT AUCTION CARS ONLINE.

For ur website I saw 2011 Lexus rx330 for 250k . LMAO LWKMD. Even if the car no get engine and gear, it still won't go for that price.

Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by Readonee35L(m): 10:19am On Jun 23, 2015
With all ur nice write ups and threads
You still want too scam
Too bad0
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by MotoringNigeria: 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
This thread was really intresting till you added that you can buy it for 400k through customs online auctions.
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by Readonee35L(m): 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
MotoringNigeria:

you two should calm your ballz
I saw something online and I shared it with everyone and I'm sure that if you read very well you would see where I said I saw something quite interesting n unbelievable.

if it's scam, thank you for the notification. you don't have to be a bi*ch about it. undecided

If I talk too you anyhow nau, u say someone is insulting you
Why shud u call me a bitch?
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by MotoringNigeria: 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
Readonee35L:

If I talk too you anyhow nau, u say someone is insulting you
Why shud u call me a bitch?

ok, that was wrong
no need to take it personal
I apologize grin
thanks for d notification but if you do notice something, don't just go ahead and nail it as scam. it's not nice labelling someone a scammer, not everyone in naija is a scammer.
but I do wonder how a scam site has naija name on it and dere has been no reaction from d right authority.
Don't u think "NIGERIA CAR MART" is too obvious to b scam?
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by abatically(m): 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
MotoringNigeria:

ok, that was wrong
no need to take it personal
I apologize grin
thanks for d notification but if you do notice something, don't just go ahead and nail it as scam. it's not nice labelling someone a scammer, not everyone in naija is a scammer.
but I do wonder how a scam site has naija name on it and dere has been no reaction from d right authority.
Don't u think "NIGERIA CAR MART" is too obvious to b scam?

Anything having to do with Nigeria customs auctioning cars online is a scam. Anyone that tells u that u can get a clean chevrovelt camaro for 400k is a scammer. Anyone selling a 2011 Lexus rx330 for 250k (even though there's no such thing as 2011 Lexus rx330) is a scammer. Remove the engine and transmission, remove the 4 tyres, u still won't get it for 250k
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by MotoringNigeria: 12:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by abatically(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
MotoringNigeria:

after u komot engine, komot tyre nothing go remain na. cheesy

lomomike n marpol
thank you. cool

Lol. The body shell, dashboard, upholstery, suspensions, exhaust pipe with catalysts, etc are worth more than 250k
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
abatically:

Lol. The body shell, dashboard, upholstery, suspensions, exhaust pipe with catalysts, etc are worth more than 250k
you dey mind am?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by abatically(m): 3:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
lomomike:

you dey mind am?

I even forgot to include the head and tail lamps, bunbers, front grille and side mirrors.
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by sultaan(m): 5:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
Anyone paying N17m for a Camaro was robbed.
Anyone paying N9m for a ZL1 must have robbed someone grin grin

All the other arguments can be fixed if OP will just edit his post and remove the NCS auction part
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by MotoringNigeria: 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
Re: Nigerians Who Own Chevrolet Camaro (pics N Prices)! by Frankestein08(m): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
Lemme knw why I'll not buy one of this. angry

(1) (Reply)

Premium Fuel Required Cars. / Are Gear Problems Not Fixable In Nigeria? / BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.